TX - Former NFL Antonio Armstrong & wife Dawn, both 42, fatally shot, Houston, *son charged* 29 Jul 2016 *Mistrials, 3rd trial in 2023 Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IHNI, no trial streams and I can't even find a full stream of the closings today. The longest one I found starts sometime after the prosecution's closing argument starts.

Why were only the closing arguments allowed to be streamed?

Likely one reference is the killing of Rhogena Nicholas and Dennis Tuttle in the botched Harding St. raid. Evidence was planted. Cover-up. Many old convictions thrown out and people released due to all the dirty cops involved. The ripple effects from that will last forever and always taint HPD.

Saddest case. Two innocent people in their own house.
They killed their dog too!
I recall a certain prosecutor KS named for misconduct which I don’t recall what the allegations were (so long ago) however very disappointed because I used to be a big fan of this person. moo

Last edited:
Why were only the closing arguments allowed to be streamed?
Since Judge Kelli Johnson is trying to limit the potential exposure of media coverage surrounding Armstrong Jr.’s trial, no cameras are allowed inside the courtroom.

Family members, including AJ Armstrong's wife, mother-in-law and grandmother, attended a news conference with attorney Randall Kallinen about his federal lawsuit.

Family members, including AJ Armstrong's wife, mother-in-law and grandmother, attended a news conference with attorney Randall Kallinen about his federal lawsuit.

Ok reading that I understand why they filed it.

Video is close to 20 minutes.

AJ Armstrong’s family holds news conference on federal lawsuit claiming evidence was planted​

A.J. Armstrong’s family holds news conference about federal lawsuit claiming evidence was planted.
The lawsuit could not be filed until all testimony was presented in court. Defense is relying on the testimony just last week and defense needed that testimony given by the Officers. The Officers said they did not see any blood on AJ. So defense couldn’t file lawsuit any sooner than after that evidence was presented, which he thought was around (last) Thurs. Defense could have filed on Thursday, but waited until the jurors were sequestered.

Guilty, and a verdict in less than 7 hours. moo

What are your thoughts, @Elliot_Alderson?
I’ve changed my mind to not guilty. Even though the phone and alarm evidence is damning evidence - the blood spatter expert’s testimony adds a beyond reasonable doubt factor. I certainly would not want to be on the jury for this case. In addition, they have much work to do. I'm aware of what they are not aware of since sequestered. My thoughts are with the jurors too. moo

More than seven years after Antonio Sr. and Dawn Armstrong were shot to death in their home, their youngest son, Antonio "AJ" Armstrong Jr., is waiting to learn his fate in his third capital murder trial.
AJ Armstrong trial: Jurors deliberating in third capital murder trial for 2016 shooting deaths of his parents

Updated: 2:06 PM CDT August 16, 2023

HOUSTON — More than seven years after Antonio Sr. and Dawn Armstrong were shot to death in their Bellaire-area home, their youngest son, Antonio "AJ" Armstrong Jr., is waiting to learn his fate in his third capital murder trial.

Jurors began deliberating around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday. At one point, they sent a note to the judge asking to review some evidence. Just after 7 p.m., the jurors were dismissed for the day. They're expected to return Wednesday morning at 9:30. [...]

B
oth earlier trials ended in mistrials because jurors couldn’t agree on a verdict. In one case, it was eight to four in favor of guilty. In the other case, it was eight to four in favor of not guilty.

Last edited:
More than seven years after Antonio Sr. and Dawn Armstrong were shot to death in their home, their youngest son, Antonio "AJ" Armstrong Jr., is waiting to learn his fate in his third capital murder trial.
AJ Armstrong trial: Jurors deliberating in third capital murder trial for 2016 shooting deaths of his parents

Updated: 2:06 PM CDT August 16, 2023

HOUSTON — More than seven years after Antonio Sr. and Dawn Armstrong were shot to death in their Bellaire-area home, their youngest son, Antonio "AJ" Armstrong Jr., is waiting to learn his fate in his third capital murder trial.

Jurors began deliberating around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday. At one point, they sent a note to the judge asking to review some evidence. Just after 7 p.m., the jurors were dismissed for the day. They're expected to return Wednesday morning at 9:30. [...]

B
oth earlier trials ended in mistrials because jurors couldn’t agree on a verdict. In one case, it was eight to four in favor of guilty. In the other case, it was eight to four in favor of not guilty.
If it’s a mistrial again, how many time will they try this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back