TX - Former NFL Antonio Armstrong & wife Dawn, both 42, fatally shot, Houston, *son charged* 29 Jul 2016 *Mistrials, 3rd trial in 2023 Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- In the early morning hours of July 29, 2016, A.J. Armstrong walked into his parents' bedroom and shot them to death, in their southwest Houston home. Armstrong was 16 years old at the time.

For seven years, Armstrong and his team fought to show he was not the killer. He first shared his story with Eyewitness News in 2018, claiming an intruder killed his parents. He saw the "masked man" run from the scene.

Friday, November 10, 2023
wow, It's a well done documentary, but it has as many commercials as network television!

I just watched the 20/20 show on this case. I hadn't followed this case, so it was all new to me. In interrogation, AJ said the gunshot that went through the quilt and his bedroom floor occurred when he was showing the gun to his cousin. It was also mentioned later in the show. But unless I missed it, it was never said whether the cousin confirmed or denied this.

I'm up in the air about his guilt. It's suspicious to me that the only blood on the shirt was under the sticker. Blood flakes could possibly have been transferred to the sticker from the officer's gloves who applied the sticker. I think it was said that the pillows were placed over the parents' heads after they had been shot. If that's the case, it seems like there would have been more blood splatter on the shirt.

His calm reaction after the guilty verdict made me think he was accepting of the verdict because he knew he deserved it.

I wonder if they ever tested the firearm to see how loud it was. It looked like there was a silencer on there, so how would AJ hear gunshots on another level of the house, let alone know that it was his parents' room and not his sister's room or any other part of the house? Plus his sister was on the same level as his parents AFAIK, and she slept through it.

also ... it was his father's firearm, which AFAIK was kept under the bed (I believe AJ said that while he was talking to the cops and had to admit he'd fired the gun into his own floor). So either someone broke in and stole the firearm on a different night, then came back to use it (and leave it in the kitchen), or they broke in without a weapon either hoping or knowing it was there, retrieved it, and used it.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a hand-writing analyst who reviewed the handwritten note stating:
I HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOU FOR A LONG TIME. COME GET ME.

It would seem that would be a worthy start to see if AJ’s handwriting matches that of the note. Honestly, I do not know who committed the murder. I had my suspicions, but I do not think anything has been confirmed. The handwritten note taunting for someone to come get them with the alleged murder weapon next to it seems like it would have been my first place to begin investigating. It seems the police honed in on AJ since the moment they arrived on the scene, which does not seem 100% just, in my humble opinion.

I would love to hear the communities thoughts on the note:

Tragic. He must have been very angry with them for something.
Agreed. Yet - lots of kids get very angry at their parents. Very few ever gun both of them down. I’d say the young man struggles with issues (ie: mental instability, and fatal impulsivity to name a couple likely ones). It’s still most assuredly tragic, either way.

Has there ever been a hand-writing analyst who reviewed the handwritten note stating:

It would seem that would be a worthy start to see if AJ’s handwriting matches that of the note. Honestly, I do not know who committed the murder. I had my suspicions, but I do not think anything has been confirmed. The handwritten note taunting for someone to come get them with the alleged murder weapon next to it seems like it would have been my first place to begin investigating. It seems the police honed in on AJ since the moment they arrived on the scene, which does not seem 100% just, in my humble opinion.

I would love to hear the communities thoughts on the note:
Handwriting analysis would seemingly be imperative during the preliminary stages of the murder investigation. It’s all about ruling out and eliminating suspects (not inclusion). Anything is possible.

Being a nurse, I am certain they have already obtained a urine specimen from the son in custody, and they may have had a blood draw done also. With the rampant drug use nowadays, it's practically routine. Somebody mentioned possible steroid use. That problem is also growing. Even steroids given for short term therapy can really reek havoc with your emotions. They can make you happy and relaxed, because they are taking away pain and inflammation, or they can make you nervous, snappy, jumpy, tired, mad, or tearful. Depends on the dose and your individual chemical makeup.
Probably alot of people, especially the younger ones also don't know they can permanently scar your stomach lining, some to the point of causing long term digestive problems and make your bones brittle. They are necessary in certain cases, but they have alot of undesirable side effects.
…and they did operate fitness centers locally. Great point! Steroid usage is prevalent in that community and business. It truly goes to show that you really never know what goes on behind closed doors. From all outward appearances - they were a model family. Yet, this proves that perhaps there were some cracks in the family veneer that very few knew about.

They might never find a motive. They (prosecutors) will look at the entire picture. As well as a motive, they will weigh any physical evidence and the validity of his alibi.
There were no signs of forced entry, the kid had to turn off the alarm to let the police in, he admitted to practicing how to silence the gun...unless there has been some very incorrect news reporting....I'd say he's screwed.
Most def. He incriminated himself at every turn while dealing with the police. Clearly he never thought it all the way through, or devised a plan. Perhaps it was spontaneous and by the seat of his pants. That’s one heck of a reaction for a child dissatisfied with his home life. There must be something more here. Hopefully it will all come out during the trial. Is he being charged as an adult? That factoid will make a difference to the media coverage as well.

I wonder if they ever tested the firearm to see how loud it was. It looked like there was a silencer on there, so how would AJ hear gunshots on another level of the house, let alone know that it was his parents' room and not his sister's room or any other part of the house? Plus his sister was on the same level as his parents AFAIK, and she slept through it.

also ... it was his father's firearm, which AFAIK was kept under the bed (I believe AJ said that while he was talking to the cops and had to admit he'd fired the gun into his own floor). So either someone broke in and stole the firearm on a different night, then came back to use it (and leave it in the kitchen), or they broke in without a weapon either hoping or knowing it was there, retrieved it, and used it.
Very interesting prospects, and all avenues the LEO’s on the case should exhaust.

Didn’t I read in a post earlier, how he explained to LE that he practiced silencing the shots (perhaps through pillows) which was what was found on the the parents faces. I wonder if the pillows had bullet holes in them. Guns make pretty loud sounds even when fired with a silencer device and sound suppresser. Without one, even a derringer or 22 sounds loud. Especially when fired in an occupied home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back