TX TX - Fort Worth; Mid-1980 abduction & murders; Serial killer research; 24 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I tried searching different things, and there is a lot in old online archived newspapers about Mary Till, but nothing really new or that jumped out at me. It's mostly variations on the same info. It was believed she disappeared driving to her job, and nothing seems to be known about who might have killed her. In addition to her main job, she also worked part time at Ridglea Country Club. This is one article on her murder: Fort Worth Star-Telegram 18 Jan 1985, page 1 - Newspapers.com
Thankyou so much. I kind of dropped off of here due to illness. Are they sure Brown did this? It's weird that she worked at a country club because I worked at a hotel lounge. My gut tells me whoever did this to her was my attacker also. Where she was found was not far from where he took me. And I worked in Arlington where he came into the lounge I worked in twice, 6 months apart. The lounge was at Lamar and Collins in the Ramada Inn. He had every intention of killing me and leaving me in that field.
I am in the process of writing an email describing in detail everything this man did that night, my escape, and how he continued to stalk me for months. I am sending it to police departments, sheriffs departments and anyone that can try to help me find closure. It's been 40 years but it's still like yesterday.

Thankyou so much. I kind of dropped off of here due to illness. Are they sure Brown did this? It's weird that she worked at a country club because I worked at a hotel lounge. My gut tells me whoever did this to her was my attacker also. Where she was found was not far from where he took me. And I worked in Arlington where he came into the lounge I worked in twice, 6 months apart. The lounge was at Lamar and Collins in the Ramada Inn. He had every intention of killing me and leaving me in that field.
I am in the process of writing an email describing in detail everything this man did that night, my escape, and how he continued to stalk me for months. I am sending it to police departments, sheriffs departments and anyone that can try to help me find closure. It's been 40 years but it's still like yesterday.
I tried to pull up the article but because I'm not a subscriber, the sentances were jumbled and filled with numbers. Thankyou so much though.

Can you provide more info about Mary Till? I was kidnapped Jan. 8th 1984 from Irving, TX but I worked at Alberts Lounge in the Ramada Inn at Collins and Lamar in Arlington. That is where my kidnapper 1st saw me. Her body was found 7 miles from Hutchins, TX, where I escaped him. He had a gun, took me to a field off a long dirt road and planned to kill me. But I managed to escape. He continued to stalk me till I finally moved out of state. TY
P.S. I was able to get a ride to my brothers in Arlington by a good Samaritan. We called Arlington PD. They refused to take a report and said Hutchins is out of their jurisdiction. They said I would have to go back to Hutchins to file a report. I had no idea where Hutchins was. The good samaritan told me that is where I was. I had a car with a flat in Irving. My brother had been drinking. I had no way to get back to Hutchins, plus I was so afraid he'd be waiting for me at Hutchins PD. I asked Arlington PD if they could take me back there. They said "No. We can't go out of Tarrant County". I asked if they could call an ambulance to take me to hospital for my injuries and rape kit. They asked if I had insurance. I said "No". They said "Unless you have cash on hand to pay ambulance we can't call them". My brother was too drunk to drive me. I didn't want to go alone. I was shaking, afraid and just wanted it all to go away. I knew I had to file report and get rape tested but I was on foot. New to the area. I was wondering if it could be the same man who killed Mary Till. We looked a lot alike too. 40 years and the PTSD has ruined my life.
I am so sorry for what you went through and continue to go through - it sounds absolutely horrific. I am very disappointed and grieve the way you were treated by law enforcement. While some of the policies sound legitimate, it does not excuse not offering to make a call to the appropriate authorities and facilitate you in your situation. It was wrong for them not to do so, period. I wish you peace and answers <3

I am so sorry for what you went through and continue to go through - it sounds absolutely horrific. I am very disappointed and grieve the way you were treated by law enforcement. While some of the policies sound legitimate, it does not excuse not offering to make a call to the appropriate authorities and facilitate you in your situation. It was wrong for them not to do so, period. I wish you peace and answers <3
Thankyou. I was young, not familar with LE policies and just needed help from LE. Maybe had they helped me, we could have nailed the perp before he had a chance to hurt anyone else. Thankyou so much.

Thankyou. I was young, not familar with LE policies and just needed help from LE. Maybe had they helped me, we could have nailed the perp before he had a chance to hurt anyone else. Thankyou so much.
Not your job to be familiar with LE policies. It's their job to help you, whether you are in their "jurisdiction" or not. They didn't; who knows what may have happened had they responded differently, for both you and any other victims out there. You did nothing, absolutely nothing wrong in this entire situation you experienced. Please remember that and take care.

The people that did the podcast thought the killer was likely Curtis Brown, but DNA evidence did prove them wrong in regards to Terri McAdam's murder. It was just their theory and nobody knows for sure who was the murderer or murderers in the other cases, including Mary Till. Her body wasn't found until 5 months later so I think they likely had no DNA or other evidence and even today probably would not be able to solve it through genetic genealogy, unfortunately. I clipped the parts of the article relevant to Mary Till: Mary Till 1

Part 2:Mary Till 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota
Back