GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are any of the kids school age? Where is their education coming from? If home schooled they have to be registered and contacted at certain times.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this isn't the parents' first priority.

Still searching for this family....and no word, I would think the US Marshalls are on the case

On the run from the FBI for alleged wire theft charges via a hay bale and corn distribution scam in Colorado. I don't see their pics in this thread. They seem to be originally from Idaho.
Donald Brian Winberg & Kalien Richel Eldridge-Winberg
donald.jpg karlien.jpg

Wow is right, how did they get to the Bahamas? I hope we learn more about what happened over the last 2 months. I'd love to read that the kids have been placed in a proper home (without fugitive parents) so they can grow up learning right from wrong.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Texans-Accused-of-Fraud-Arrested-291088441.html
U.S. Attorney John Walsh's office says Donald and Karlien Winberg of Earth, Texas appeared in federal court in Miami Friday.
Authorities in the Bahamas, alerted by American vacationers who recognized the family from news reports, had detained the Winbergs for lacking proper identification and travel documents.
The family was put on a flight to the United States and the parents were arrested Thursday in Miami on bond violation warrants.

It was only a matter of time :)

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27475538/couple-who-fled-federal-fraud-trial-colorado-arrested
The couple spent time in Galveston, Texas, where they purchased a boat and traveled to the Bahamas.
Bahamian officials arrested the couple, traveling with their seven children, after a Louisiana family recognized them.
They were then deported.
-----
The couple faces one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
If convicted, they could be sentenced to up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

Pity they didn't think about the future sentence they have now given to their 7 children through their greed and recklessness.
I hope these children are OK.

news.yahoo.com/fugitive-couple-7-kids-caught-tourist-ids-them-233947651--abc-news-topstories.html

Authorities say social services in Florida has taken custody of the seven children, and their ages have not been released.

Wish those kids could be kept away from those poor excuses of 'parents'.
They probably have not had schooling or any decent health care, either. :(

:moo:

From August 2015:

http://www.chieftain.com/news/3851652-120/hay-couple-winberg-victims

A married couple was sentenced to prison Friday for bilking large-scale hay buyers in Southern Colorado and other states of $1.5 million by taking payments for hay the couple never delivered.

“You’re nothing but scum,” one of the victims told Donald Brian Winberg, 44, just before U.S. District Judge Philip Brimmer sentenced him to 7 1/4 years in prison. His wife, Karlien Richel Winberg, 33, received the same sentence...

Mrs. Winberg is expected to give birth in prison to their eighth child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots
Back