GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you nannymo but there is no information at those links, just a fill in the blank search page. Can you tell us what you found?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh! I am so sorry.
Do a name search. Multiple cases from driving without a license, child support and money suits from various people ranging from 1990 to 2013 (I think?)

My guess is they bought the sailboat with other peoples money...

But you are right FigTree = thieves.

:mad:

I knew something was wrong. Who in their right mind would want to take SEVEN very young kids for a month long trip on a small sailboat? Sounds like an absolute nightmare to me.
I would! I think it sounds wonderful to go on a sailing trip with my 8 children. What a wonderful adventure and memories that would be made.

I think they stayed on the boat hoping it would become unstuck and they could continue on their flight. Didn't want to bring attention to themselves.

Looks like she also goes by the last name of Eldridge as well. They both have a fairly long criminal record and now I wonder if those 7 kids are even theirs??

Looks like she also goes by the last name of Eldridge as well. They both have a fairly long criminal record and now I wonder if those 7 kids are even theirs??

She could be going by Eldridge and as unmarried drawing benefits for 7 kids. Probably a little far fetched but a possibility for 2people who are thieves!

I would! I think it sounds wonderful to go on a sailing trip with my 8 children. What a wonderful adventure and memories that would be made.

Yeah, I would have loved to do something like that with my kids when they were young.

But not the fugitive part :D

I agree. But not with one, two and three yr olds. Sailboats are very dangerous as the boom comes flying by and the waves bounce the boat about. It would be very hard to keep track of very young children. No place up top would be safe for a toddler.

Taking all your kids would be lovely if they were old enough to stay safe and enjoy themselves. But Babies and toddlers are just a dangerous liability on a small sailboat out to sea. JMO

Well, them being criminals sure explains a lot. I had a feeling they weren't on the up and up, between sitting in a stuck boat for days with 7 little kids, not making any attempt to save the children or get help in any way, they were trying to figure out how they were going to get out of this without going to jail. The disappearing act at the hospital was the icing on the cake. Yup. IMO.

...Family members used alias names at an area hospital, according to Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset. They told officials their identification was lost when the boat flipped over.

Trochesset spoke with the mother of the group at the hospital but was never in contact with the father. He described the children, who ranged in age from 12 to 1, as well-behaved.

“We’re just thinking of the kids and what will happen to them if the parents get arrested,” Trochesset said.

The family purchased the boat with $20,000 cash, Trochesset said, at the Watergate Yachting Center in Kemah. They were staying on the boat at the Watergate, but had been asked to leave due to disturbances.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/b...rom-capsized-boat-in-October-were-5939726.php

Gah, every time I see this thread in my notifications I think it's the Rebel Heart shenanigans again.

On a serious note, I fear for the safety of these children. The parents have gone to extreme lengths to go off the grid.

I hope they're found soon.

wow...this is a really strange , yet amazing tale...those poor kids, sounds like there is no stability in their lives. I wonder if there is other, more 'normal' family members that are out there for them? Surely someone will spot them, as that is a lot of people to be traveling under the radar.

http://www.galvestondailynews.com/free/article_fbcc51c4-7d81-11e4-90ad-8f98d427dcae.html?mode=jqm

The Winbergs were last seen at the Clear Lake Regional Medical Center traveling in a dark grey, 2004 Nissan SUV with the Texas license plate CVP-3691, according to the Galveston sheriff’s office.
-----
Trochesset said his office is concerned for the safety of the seven children traveling with their parents. He said anyone with information on the location of the Winbergs contact any local office of the FBI or the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office at 409-770-6084.

There a million dollars out there that they have scammed - minus $20,000 for the boat of course ;) - maybe they were heading for some safehaven island where money like that is in some offshore bank account they have set up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back