Identified! TX - Galveston, beach near Kahala Dr, BlkMale 16-35, UP69355, Under Armor slides on forearms, May'20 - Calvin Mbwambo

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Lyssav

Reaction score
GALVESTON

The Galveston County Medical Examiner's office still was working Tuesday to identify and determine what killed a young, black man found dead on the sand near Kahala Drive.

The man's body was found about 12:40 p.m. Sunday, according to the Galveston Police Department.

"There were no hits on his fingerprints and it appears that he was in good physical shape," Galveston County Assistant Medical Examiner John "D.J." Florence said. "There's still no official cause of death as we're awaiting toxicology results."

The man is believed to be between 18 and 35 years old; 5 feet, 7 inches tall; and 150 pounds, Florence said, adding that the man was wearing a pair of black shorts with Calvin Klein gray boxer briefs and had a pair of white Under Armour slip-on shoes that were fitted on his hands; a chipped left upper tooth; and medium-length dreadlocks.

"There hasn't been any reports locally of any missing persons that fit his description, so we're asking the public to help with possibly identifying him," Florence said.

The Kahala Beach subdivision is in Galveston's West End on the beach side of FM 3005.

Anyone with information about the man can call the medical examiner's office at 409-935-9274.

Doesn’t look like they have determined cause of death. He may have been in the water for a couple of days considering the condition of his remains. No reports of missing swimmers - the island was incredibly crowded Mother’s Day weekend, with water temperatures hanging around 75 degrees.

The slides on his hands lead me to believe he was out swimming and kept them on his hands as not to lose them. How is no one missing this guy?

On May 10th 2020 a 18-35 year old black male was found on a beach near Kahala Drive in Galveston, Texas. He stood 5'7" tall, was approximately 140-150 pounds, and was noted to be in exceptionally good shape. He had medium length dreadlocks and a chipped front tooth. His black and white Under Armour "slide" sandals were around his wrists on his forearms. He was wearing only black shorts and grey Calvin Klein boxer briefs.

At this time the cause and manner of death are unknown. Who was this young man and who or what killed him? At this time, no missing persons reports in the area match for this young man. Do you know who he is?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

DNASolves

We now have a face for this John Doe, courtesy of artist Lois Gibson! Please feel free to share and let's all try to give this man a name!

Attachments

• signal-2020-08-07-151737.jpeg
    signal-2020-08-07-151737.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 109
what a handsome young man. someone has to be missing him. he must not be from the area. is it at all possible he was coming from cuba or something? something tells me he has his shoes on his hands to not lose them in the water.

@cvaldez1975 yeah I think he just had the shoes on his hands so he could walk barefoot and not have them swept away. The brands of clothing make me think he's not someone just arriving as a refugee. The area looks nice, with lots of homes and rentals. He just looks to me like the typical guy who might have driven in from Houston to spend the weekend or something. Where are his friends/family? And where is the rest of his stuff?

going through NamUs again with the facial recon in mind (and not necessarily just looking for guys with dreads)
Daveon Coleman - last seen April 16 in Arkansas (so pretty far away) , 16 y/o, 5'9", 160lbs, fled from DHS custody. Is pictured with medium-length dreads (or twists) in his photo. I think he looks similar?
Original

Christopher Daniel - last seen April 8 in Tennessee (even farther), 28 y/o, 5'11" (a little too tall), 155lbs. Also pictured with dyed dreadlocks. Thought I'd mention him since his eyes are 'hazel' and it looks like the facial recon is trying to show dimensional, hazel eyes.
Original

Giovanni Nelson - last seen March 30 in New York (getting further still), 17 y/o, 5'6" (so on the shorter side like this UID), 140lbs, ran away from a group home. In this February photo i think? he has dreads. I don't think he's a facial match though.
Thumbnail

Kyon Herbin - last seen March 7 in North California, 17 y/o, 5'7", 145lbs. Now this guy is really far away and it sounds like he's safe w/ friends but the more I look at him the more he looks like the recon??
Original

I was going through Namus and found some young men similar to the sketch and fit the description (for the most part).

Noah Dominick Scisney: Last seen April 10th, 2019 in Houston, Texas. Estimated to be 5' 6" - 5' 8" and about 130 lb. Couldn't find much about his disappearance except he allegedly stole a car around the time. He doesn't have dreads and is very young (currently 16) but I believe he has quite a bit of resemblance to the sketch.
68151_337307.jpg

Jerome Hudson: Last seen October 21st, 2019 in Miami, Florida. He is 5' 7" and is 160 lb. Apparently he was last seen in a verbal dispute with someone just described as a "reporter." His current age is 17.
65335_327553.png

We have an important update on this case. More details, here Who is Galveston County John Doe (2020)?, but we believe that our victim is East African and we hope this additional information about his ancestry helps focus the search for his family.
Thank you so much for what you guys do to help get these UIDs identified and back to their families!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight
Back