GUILTY TX - Gelareh Bagherzadeh, 30, & Coty Beavers, 28, Murdered, Houston, Jan & Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Feature article from June, including a handy Who's Who chart:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/au...ut-of-greed-and-murdered-out-of-honor-7478280

Coty Beavers was in his northwest Houston apartment on November 12, 2012, when the bullets ripped through him from behind. Whoever pulled the trigger slipped out as easily as he had gotten in, leaving the 28-year-old to die on the floor.

Two days earlier, a dark-haired man with thick eyebrows perched above his glasses had been wandering around the Legacy Park Apartments, asking people if they knew which apartment was Beavers’s. He looked to be maybe in his forties, with an average build. A police sketch didn’t turn up any leads.

People had been looking for Coty for a while. In 2011, when Coty and his new wife, Nesreen, lived in his mother’s Spring home, the neighborhood had been peppered with flyers containing an 8x10 color photo of Coty, advertising a reward of up to $100 for information leading to the couple’s home. Witnesses would later tell authorities that they saw Coty’s father-in-law, Ali Irsan, and Irsan’s wife, Shmou, trolling the neighborhood.

Coty knew his father-in-law to be a very angry, very dangerous man...

From July:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...onor-killings-case-sent-to-prison-6369315.php

The patriarch of a Jordanian-American family from Montgomery County, whose members face murder charges in so-called "honor killings," has been sentenced to federal prison in an unrelated case involving the theft of disability benefits.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes ordered Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan, 57, to serve almost four years for his role in defrauding the Social Security Administration for more than a decade and to pay $290,651 in restitution.

Irsan's wife, Shmou Ali Alrawabdeh, 37, and his daughter, 30-year-old Nadia Irsan, were convicted of providing false statements to authorities about the fraud scheme. Each of them previously received 24-month federal sentences.

This sure adds another wrinkle to the mystery. Her boyfriend Cory's twin brother, Coty Beavers, was found murdered, riddled with bullets in his Houston home. Police believe the two murders are related.

I just came upon this article and wanted to add it to her thread even though this happened earlier this year.

More at link:
http://features.kodoom.com/en/irani...nked-to-gelareh-bagherzadeh-s-killing/v/4910/

I went to school with Cory and Coty Beavers and was much more friends with Coty. It was devastating to hear of his murder and I personally believe that her murder and his were orchestrated by her family being angry about her being with Christians and unapproved relationship with a Christian. There has been a lot more recent information released on case and I will try to get verified so that I can share that. It’s literally her ENTIRE family in on it. Including siblings. It’s horrific.
Hopefully we will get further answers to what happened and Coty and this young woman can find peace in their rest ::crying::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to school with Cory and Coty Beavers and was much more friends with Coty. It was devastating to hear of his murder and I personally believe that her murder and his were orchestrated by her family being angry about her being with Christians and unapproved relationship with a Christian. There has been a lot more recent information released on case and I will try to get verified so that I can share that. It’s literally her ENTIRE family in on it. Including siblings. It’s horrific.
Hopefully we will get further answers to what happened and Coty and this young woman can find peace in their rest ::crying::

Wow, AlwaysHopeToHelp, I came over here when you mentioned this on Lucas' thread... I'm so sorry. What a case. I just read all of the posts here, but I think I need to go back and read them again or read other ones to fully understand.

Wow, AlwaysHopeToHelp, I came over here when you mentioned this on Lucas' thread... I'm so sorry. What a case. I just read all of the posts here, but I think I need to go back and read them again or read other ones to fully understand.

I’m going to post more updated links this evening when I can’t get to my laptop!

KPRC 2 Houston Retweeted
Ryan Korsgard‏ @KPRC2Ryan 2h2 hours ago
Irsan sits in court. Case expected to last 6 to 8 weeks @KPRC2

DgjI5umUcAAbceg.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Houston father accused in honor killings begins death penalty trial

"...The trial, before state District Judge Jan Krocker, is expected to last six to eight weeks....

To secure a death sentence, special prosecutors Anna Emmons, Jonathan Stephenson, and Marie Ann Primm will have to prove the killings, almost a year apart, were part of the same criminal scheme.

In Texas, killing two people in furtherance of the same criminal enterprise is a capital crime. Two slayings by the same person with divergent reasons would be two murder charges."

Houston father accused in honor killings begins death penalty trial
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jury at 'honor killing' trial hears opening statements (with video opening statements)

"HOUSTON - The jury at the trial of man accused of committing an honor killing nearly six years ago heard opening statements Monday....

After opening statements and the first day of testimony on Monday, Irsan's case is expected to move to a federal courtroom."

Jury at 'honor killing' trial hears opening statements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to know about Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan and Houston 'honor killings'

"The death penalty trial of Ali Irsan, a Jordanian immigrant accused in a pair of "honor killings, began Monday. Irsan, a devout Muslim, is accused of killing his daughter's husband and her best friend because she converted to Christianity and marred a Christian.

#On trial:..."

Things to know about Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan and Houston 'honor killings'

Coty-Beavers-and-Gelareh-Bagherzadeh-Honor-Killing-Victims.jpg

(Coty Beavers, Gelareh Bagherzadeh)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#IRSAN neighbor testifying how daughter asked him to drive her to a home in Spring, TX @KPRC2

#IRSAN Neighbor said when he returned home, #IRSAN wife was at his home, upset, didn't believe him when he said that he had been at a friend's home @KPRC2

More than 100 witnesses expected to testify @kprc2 @ Harris County Civil Justice Center https://www.instagram.com/p/BkdE4L6g76_/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=z1pq1omnqp0e …

Ryan Korsgard‏ @KPRC2Ryan 60m60 minutes ago
Deputy from Montgomery County says #irsan was angry that deputy would not bring his daughter back to his home @kprc2 @ Harris County Civil Justice Center https://www.instagram.com/p/BkdJGSrAp_O/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=njo4yc46vrhj …
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Father in Houston death penalty “honor killings” trial claimed daughter stole anthrax (with clip)

"Ali Irsan, who is on trial for capital murder for a pair of “honor killings,” , told police in 2011 that his adult daughter was trying to poison him with anthrax stolen from Houston’s MD Anderson hospital where she worked, witnesses are expected to say Wednesday.

The testimony, in the third day of Irsan's death penalty trial, is being brought in by prosecutors trying to show that the 60-year-old Jordanian-American repeatedly called the police on his daughter with false stories...."

Father in Houston death penalty “honor killings” trial claimed daughter stole anthrax

920x920.jpg

(Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan is shown in court Monday, June 25, 2018 in Houston holding a paper written in Arabic and colored with orange marker of the mantra, “There is no god but God and Mohammad is God’s Prophet."...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ali Irsan Trial Opening Statements

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detectives to testify about unraveling ‘honor killing’ in Houston death penalty trial

"...The detectives testimony, expected in the fourth day of Irsan’s death-penalty trial, comes on the heels of testimony by witnesses who called 911 after gunshots rang out behind the Galleria-area condominium of Bagherzadeh’s parents,..."

Detectives to testify about unraveling ‘honor killing’ in Houston death penalty trial
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iranian activist’s last words repeated in capital murder trial over pair of ‘honor killings’ in Houston area

June 27, 2018

"A former boyfriend who heard the last words of a slain Iranian activist and medical student while on a cellphone call as she was shot to death in Houston told jurors Wednesday about the chilling conversation....

“She said, ‘He’s just standing there, not moving’ then she said, ‘Honey! Honey!’” 40-year-old Robeen Bandar testified Wednesday. “She wanted to tell me something but couldn’t. Then the phone dropped.”

Bandar, who dated Bagherzadeh a year before her death, choked up as he testified in the third day of Irsan’s trial, a case that shocked Houston and has seen international news coverage. The young activist was the best friend of Irsan’s daughter....

The trial, in state District Judge Jan Krocker’s court, is expected to last six to eight weeks."

Iranian activist’s last words repeated in capital murder trial over pair of ‘honor killings’ in Houston area
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THank you!!!! Coty deserves so much better in life, I can’t imagine the pain of his brother Cory :-(
@Kaleidoscopic.Krane here is my old high school friends thread! It’s so shocking and tangled and SAD. Justice is coming! For all THREE murdered victims of this monster (and his family) as well as all the victims left behind (family and friends of the 3 whom lost their lives!

Testimony: Suspect in ‘honor killings’ pulled over for speeding shortly after first slaying

June 29, 2018

"...A series of administrative staffers from MD Anderson Cancer Center, where two of the defendant’s daughters and the murder victim attended school, also testified that Ali Mahwood-Awad Irsan’s conduct stood out as unusual because he asked to look at classrooms.

The jury Friday watched dashcam footage of the traffic stop, taken at approximately 12:30 a.m. Jan. 16, 2012, less than an hour after the homicide. A DPS trooper assigned to make DWI arrests testified that Irsan was racing north of Houston on Interstate 45 at 79 mph with his wife and son when he pulled him over. Irsan said he was speeding because he was diabetic and needed to buy a drink, presumably to address his low blood sugar, the trooper said....

Earlier in the day, a friend of the victim’s testified about the political protests she helped organize in Houston with Bagherzadeh to raise awareness about what they saw as a rigged election in Iran in 2009...."

Testimony: Suspect in ‘honor killings’ pulled over for speeding shortly after first slaying
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back