GUILTY TX - Gloria Marmolejo, 54, El Paso, 25 July 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
News articles (any duplicates please ignore)

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=11091994
Updated: Sep 9, 2009 11:04 AM MDT

...According to the affidavit, Gloria Marmolejo's family members in Phoenix told police that on Saturday, July 25, she said she was going to confront her son David over his relationship with Mariah Wilson, the daughter of Gloria Marmolejo's ex-husband's new wife.

Gloria Marmolejo was temporarily allowing her son to stay at her home, but family members said she would evict her son from her home if she saw any of Wilson's things there.

Much more detail at link above.

Hi Kat, how's the sun city? Here's a link of the step sister's rambling, don't know what to make of it but she does say something interesting about "faith" who apparently is DM and not messing with him or her or it will be a "hot mess". Take a listen.

YouTube - My randomness about faith

Hi Missy, Sun City is sunny :)

How old is this young lady? She certainly looks a lot younger than he is.

Nevermind, I looked at her profile for her youtube channel and she states she is 18.

Listening to her talk, I can't help but think she's just a baby. JMHO. Sorry.

Another article came out:

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=11102628

Updated: Sep 9, 2009 04:49 PM MDT

New details on man accused of hindering Marmolejo's apprehension

...-- An affidavit obtained by the ABC-7 I-Team reveals new details about the arrest of a man accused of hindering the apprehension of murder suspect David Marmolejo.

Forty-year-old Michael Thompson was arrested about 6 p.m. on Thursday after he allegedly evaded a plain clothes police officer while driving with Marmolejo in his vehicle...

...According to the affidavit, Thompson said, "I was just giving him a ride!" Thompson was booked into the El Paso County Detention Center and released on $2,500 bond...

...Thompson is also named in Marmolejo's arrest affidavit -- Marmolejo allegedly stayed at Thompson's home for several hours on the night Gloria Marmolejo was murdered...

I don't immediately see a link for the affidavit for Thompson's arrest. If I see it, I'll link it as soon as I do.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13304292?source=most_viewed

Posted: 09/10/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

... man faces a criminal charge of helping David Marmolejo flee from police before his arrest in connection with the slaying of his mother, Gloria Marmolejo, an El Paso police spokesman said Wednesday.

Michael Edward Thompson, 40, of the 10300 block of Newcastle, was arrested on a charge of hindering apprehension on Sept. 3 while police in the Northeast were trying to arrest David Marmolejo...

...Thompson was released on a $2,500 bond...

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_13395672

Posted: 09/22/2009 04:51:07 PM MDT

...A magistrate judge today sharply reduced David Marmolejo's bond, despite a prosecutor's claim that he was linked to a series of attacks on women in Arizona...

...During the bond hearing this morning, VandenBosch said Marmolejo was an affiliate of the Crips gang...

...In 2006, Phoenix police arrested Marmolejo on nine counts of sexual assault, four counts of kidnapping and four counts of armed robbery with a deadly weapon. VandenBosch said Marmolejo was never charged in those crimes because all nine victims died...

...If Marmolejo were to be released on bond, his uncle, Mark Huerta, would make sure Marmolejo doesn't flee, Anderson said...

This is one scary guy. The article went on to state that he at one time was considered a suspect in the basline murders of AZ. He was cleared.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_13395672

Posted: 09/22/2009 04:51:07 PM MDT

This is one scary guy. The article went on to state that he at one time was considered a suspect in the basline murders of AZ. He was cleared.

Something about this story reeks for starters why didn't the prosecutor find out why those nine victims are dead, I doubt they all died of natural causes. Heaven help us if they let this loser back out on the street. This really makes me angry and that judge is an idiot!! Sounds like LE in Arizona dropped the ball on this one or it just didn't matter because they were prostitutes, to them it's a "who cares" situation.

There is something unsettling about this:

"Those nine women, all prostitutes, died before Marmolejo could be prosecuted in their rapes and abductions.

El PASO TIMES

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13397850?source=most_emailed

Posted: 09/23/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

About the nine alleged victims in AZ:
...A spokesman for the Maricopa County attorney said Marmolejo was never convicted of rape, kidnapping or robbery in Phoenix. No court hearings occurred in the cases of the nine crime victims who died, he said...

...During the bond hearing, VandenBosch said Marmolejo was an affiliate of the Crips gang who often bragged to family members about killing 16 people in Arizona,...

...In 2006, Phoenix police arrested Marmolejo on nine counts of sexual assault, four counts of kidnapping and four counts of armed robbery with a deadly weapon. But, VandenBosch said, Phoenix police could not proceed with their case against Marmolejo because all nine victims died. Prosecutors never charged him in those cases...

...Both claimed that he choked them and threatened to kill them.

He was also suspected by police in Las Vegas in the shootings of two people. Both survived, and Marmolejo was never arrested in that case...

If Marmolejo were to be released on bond, his uncle, Mark Huerta, would make sure he did not flee, Anderson said...

...VandenBosch also said that after each of Marmolejo's 17 arrests in Arizona, an uncle bonded him out. That uncle also has the resources to post a six- or seven-figure bond, she said...

...Marmolejo remained in jail Tuesday night...

Another article states that a local news org is working with a sister company in Phoenix to gather info on the alleged rapes and assaults with deadly weapons.

I'm not going to make a comment right now, I need to digest this...I just don't understand.

OMG! This guy is pure evil. Please tell me LE is working HARD to determine that he murdered the nine women he was accused of raping! And please tell me they were investigating that BEFORE he murdered his own mother! Did they think it was just a coincidence that ALL of his accusers were murdered or did they really not give a carp because the victims were prostitutes?

FGS, how was this pig out of jail???

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/21091550/detail.html

Updated: 8:59 pm MDT September 23, 2009

KFOX Exclusive: Documents Shed Light On Past Allegations Against Marmolejo

...After several days of tracking down the documents, we have found a search warrant issued for Marmolejo that includes an affidavit from a detective with the Phoenix Police Department.

Based on the detective's testimony, a judge in March of 2006 ruled there was probable cause in the case accusing David Marmolejo of committing sexual assault, armed robbery, aggravated assault and kidnapping between December 2005 and February 2006...

...The documents state that detectives tracked down a car matching the description, and police later spotted a man driving the car who matched the victims' description. The man was identified as David Marmolejo and was taken in for questioning...

He admitted sex with 11 prostitues but denied forced sodomy and robbery allegations.

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=11187737

Updated: Sep 24, 2009 11:15 AM MDT

Phoenix PD: Report that Marmolejo was linked to 9 sexual assaults doesn't match with facts

...Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Tommy Thompson said the number of accusers was actually fewer than nine, though he could not tell ABC-7 how many. Marmolejo was arrested for sexual assault once in 2006 but he was not charged, Thompson said.

Thompson said at least one of the alleged victims refused a DNA test, while another couldn't identify Marmolejo in a line-up, so he was cleared.

Marmolejo was also never questioned in connection with the notorious Baseline series of murders in Phoenix, Thompson said...

...Sherbo also said their office reviewed four charges of kidnapping against Marmolejo, also involving suspected prostitutes. However, three of the alleged victims could not be found and the other did not want to testify,...

...Marmolejo is scheduled to appear in court again Thursday for hearings on two cases not related to the murder charge...

Other charges he is facing (other than the charges for his Mother's murder)

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=11192526

Updated: Sep 24, 2009 12:27 PM MDT

Judge denies Marmolejo bond for probation violation on weapons charge

...Murder suspect David Marmolejo appeared in court again Thursday morning, this time for theft by check and motion to adjudicate.

On the motion to adjudicate, Marmolejo's defense attorney wanted to continue Marmolejo's probation for a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon.

However, Judge Sue Kurita said that Marmolejo had completed only 28 of his 100 hours of probation. Kurita said since he didn't respect her orders, no bond was appropriate so he should be detained...

Looks like Phoenix LE is trying to do damage control with the KVIA story, however KFOX printed this story on their website yesterday. Seems like four of the woman attacked positively identified Marmolejo as the assailant. They described a man with the same tatoo "Faith", the nickname Marmolejo goes by plus the vehicle described by the women matched what he drove at the time. Phoenix really dropped the ball on this one. If not for their crappy investigation Mrs. Marmolejo may still be alive.

This is a blurb from the KFOX report:

"In the documents, the detective provides the accounts of four different Phoenix prostitutes. It states the women all told police about violent attacks involving a man, with a tattoo of the word "faith" on his neck, driving a white Mitsubishi Eclipse."

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/21091550/detail.html

Thank goodness the lady magistrate has a brain.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_13415109

Posted: 09/25/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

...David Marmolejo, who is charged in the slaying of his mother, will not be released from jail soon, a district judge ruled Thursday...

...After his arrest on the murder charge, his probation was revoked. On Thursday, County Court at Law No. 6 Judge Sue Kurita said that Marmolejo had violated his probation by not fulfilling the community service requirement and ordered him jailed without bond...

...Marmolejo remained in the El Paso County Jail on Thursday....

...The documents also state Marmolejo is affiliated with the Texas Syndicate gang, not the Crips gang as VandenBosch claimed....

I've never heard of the Texas Syndicate gang. Guess I'll have to go look them up.

I think they need to look at any unsolved rapes/murders in those towns he visited while he was traveling for work.

I think they need to look at any unsolved rapes/murders in those towns he visited while he was traveling for work.

I agree, there are rumblings on Topix (I know not always a good source) about happenings in Hawaii.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_13572678?source=most_viewed

Posted: 10/16/2009 12:00:00 AM MDT

...A grand jury has indicted David Marmolejo in the murder of his mother.

The indictment of Marmolejo, 29, was made public Thursday in court filings. He has been in jail since his arrest in early September on allegations that he strangled his mother, Gloria Huerta Marmolejo, 54...

...Investigators said Gloria Marmolejo was upset because David Marmolejo had been living at his mother's home with his stepsister.

Hi Missy :)

Update on hearing on evidence:

http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/22663490/detail.html

Posted: 5:19 pm MST February 24, 2010
Updated: 9:39 pm MST February 24, 2010

Judge Rules On Evidence Allowed In Marmolejo Murder Trial

...Garcia ruled that Marmolejo’s initial statement to police will not be allowed as evidence, though it can be referred to, because Marmolejo had not been read his Miranda rights and was not in custody or a suspect at the time he gave the statement...

...Garcia also denied a motion to suppress a recorded statement given later by Marmolejo and a witness’ identification. So the jury will be allowed to hear those items as evidence in the trial.

The judge will also allow Marmolejo’s cell phone records to be admitted as evidence...

...Garcia will make a decision later about whether Marmolejo’s actual cell phone can be admitted...

...A hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday to decide whether Marmolejo will be tried in El Paso or elsewhere...

In all honesty, I watch the local news almost every night and I haven't seen too much coverage on this case. It's rarely mentioned, maybe it's just KFOX doesn't cover it much?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back