GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please link me to the named POI/Suspect. I'm seeing lots of links to social media and sleuthing of the parents without any named suspect.

Do we have a named suspect?

Salem

Neither Caylee or Lisa were found dead in the home, though. Nobody is claiming that Grace was abducted. It reminds me more of JonBenet, who was also never missing, with the whole "Family Member v. Intruder" thing. I think killing your child and leaving the body in the house is extremely risky, which is why most parents dump the body. Why didn't Grace's family do the same?

Good question!

Off the VERY top of my head, I wonder if the murderer:

1) Planned to remove Grace but didn't have time/was interrupted?

2) Wanted Grace to be found in the apartment?

3) Was full of rage (didn't premeditate/plan disposal)? (this is kinda like option 1 but different)

It depends on the past history of the parent in question as well as the court, the laws of that state and the judge's decision based upon the matters presented. The bio mother had a previous history of behavior that would put a child in danger,

Without a long long history of CPS involvement & supportive services & a long drawn out failure to follow a case plan it, ain't happening.
This child was two years old. That's not a "long" history in the eyes of the court. This mother could have broke this little girls legs previously while under the influence or not. If she worked a case plan, she would have continued contact. Might be supervised..but parental rights still wouldn't likely be terminated. Each child is viewed as separate. A parent can kill one child in a DUI accident...she would not have her parental rights to the others terminated.

Crack head mothers get their children back repeatedly. A parent can sexually abuse on child and still not have rights terminated on his/her other children. It happens everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a confirmation of who was in the apartment. The reverse address lookup says 2 women lived at the apartment, although apartments have big turnover rates, so it's possible the website hasn't been updated. Grace was found dead at 1:40 PM on a weekday; It wouldn't be hard to verify who was at work, and who wasn't, because most people are working at that time.

me too

Please link me to the named POI/Suspect. I'm seeing lots of links to social media and sleuthing of the parents without any named suspect.

Do we have a named suspect?

Salem

If we do, LE has not said anything.

Good question!

Off the VERY top of my head, I wonder if the murderer:

1) Planned to remove Grace but didn't have time/was interrupted?

2) Wanted Grace to be found in the apartment?

3) Was full of rage (didn't premeditate/plan disposal)? (this is kinda like option 1 but different)

Maybe they were scared of being seen? Someone might spot them leaving the house, or see their car driving around.

Perhaps someone was coming to pick Grace up, so they didn't have time to dispose of her body?

If we still don't have answers, I'll be in that area later this week. If I take photos of the area (as in the apt. buildilng, etc.) would that be allowed to be posted on here provided I didn't trespass into the controlled access parking lot or take photos of anything personal like a single apartment?

That sounds helpful. Maybe you could be a "verified insider/local" or something like that... not sure what qualifies but worth asking about ;)

Maybe they were scared of being seen? Someone might spot them leaving the house, or see their car driving around.

Perhaps someone was coming to pick Grace up, so they didn't have time to dispose of her body?

Maybe we need gather all the possibilities and take a poll?! :D

“There’s probably as much inaccuracy as I’ve seen accuracy [on social media],” he said. “My recommendation is don’t believe everything you hear on social media. I can tell you, as always, anytime we feel there is a danger to anyone in our public we will make them aware.”

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_867697a2-7c8a-11e3-8a2f-001a4bcf887a.html

The above bolded is one reason I'm skeptical of the home invasion story.

If there was a violent perp on the loose who was targeting random victims, I believe LE would warn the public to be cautious. Officer Tilley seems to be saying in his quote that the public at large has no reason to be concerned about becoming the next victim.

With no named suspect, there is no sleuthing of anything outside what was printed in MSM or the police statement. That means no social media links at this time. If a page is established for Grace, send me the link and I'll take a look at it.

Be sure to link everything up. This is an odd case in that the reporting has been horrible and has resulted in lots of misinformation it seems.

Thanks,

Salem

From your link, analytical (thank you):

On January 9, 2014 at approximately 1:40 p.m., Plano Police Officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of J Place regarding a Welfare Concern. During the course of the investigation, officers found a female child victim who was unconscious. Plano Emergency Services responded and transported the female child to a local area hospital for medical treatment. On January 12, 2014, three days later, the female child was pronounced deceased.

http://thepolicenews.net/default.as...ews+1-2/MenuGroup/home/NewsLetterID/43023.htm

There is no mention of any other victim other than baby Grace.

If there was a babysitter who was beaten unconscious, for some reason the Plano PD declined to include that info in their news release on their official site.

I'm loathe to compare cases, but I think if there was a babysitter, her name is Zanny.

From your link, analytical (thank you):

http://thepolicenews.net/default.as...ews+1-2/MenuGroup/home/NewsLetterID/43023.htm

There is no mention of any other victim other than baby Grace.

If there was a babysitter who was beaten unconscious, for some reason the Plano PD declined to include that info in their news release on their official site.

I'm loathe to compare cases, but I think if there was a babysitter, her name is Zanny.

The odd thing is the grandfather posted to "clarify rumors" regarding the event on his FB page. That is where he mentioned the home invasion, babysitter and duct tape or her face taped. Does this strike anyone else as unusual?? :)

His FB wall is public so it was there for all to see. IIRC, a comment on a news story mentioned the "clarification" that was posted to his FB page.

That sounds helpful. Maybe you could be a "verified insider/local" or something like that... not sure what qualifies but worth asking about ;)

We don't verify locals anymore because it is too hard to keep up with, but locals may provide information about the general area and photos also as long as they don't violate anyone's privacy.

Salem

I want a confirmation of who was in the apartment. The reverse address lookup says 2 women lived at the apartment, although apartments have big turnover rates, so it's possible the website hasn't been updated. Grace was found dead at 1:40 PM on a weekday; It wouldn't be hard to verify who was at work, and who wasn't, because most people are working at that time.

And from reviews and ratings on those apartments, most tenants aren't happy once they move in a the façade fades. Maintenance problems, claims of abandoned cars in the parking lot also a mention the apartments are in downtown Plano, which they are, making it convenient to walk to restaurants and bars yet the flip side of meeting those on the streets who have come out of the bars and the people that cut through and around the property for the DART rail. Seemed turnover might be high from the reviews of the complex and one report on ripoffreport com

And from reviews and ratings on those apartments, most tenants aren't happy once they move in a the façade fades. Maintenance problems, claims of abandoned cars in the parking lot also a mention the apartments are in downtown Plano, which they are, making it convenient to walk to restaurants and bars yet the flip side of meeting those on the streets who have come out of the bars and the people that cut through and around the property for the DART rail. Seemed turnover might be high from the reviews of the complex and one report on ripoffreport com

If I looked at the same apartments online, they were really nice apartments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back