GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And from reviews and ratings on those apartments, most tenants aren't happy once they move in a the façade fades. Maintenance problems, claims of abandoned cars in the parking lot also a mention the apartments are in downtown Plano, which they are, making it convenient to walk to restaurants and bars yet the flip side of meeting those on the streets who have come out of the bars and the people that cut through and around the property for the DART rail. Seemed turnover might be high from the reviews of the complex and one report on ripoffreport com

Isn't Colin Creek Mall across the road/highway.

Not sure right across I think it's at Spring Creek Parkway which would be an exit or 2 north. But, yes, Collin Creek Mall is on the west side of 75 North and in that general vicinity to downtown Plano.

And regarding the apartments looking "nice", they make look nice in the photos but I read some complaints about the quality of the apartments and these are urban apartments on top of an old storefront. There is Eastside Village Phase I & II. I believe Ford and Grace were in Phase I. It seems the management office is on another street in close proximity.

Since DART rail has gone in, there's been a fair amount of crime, loitering, questionable suspicious people hanging out at the stops - and from what one resident said, people who rode the rail were often cutting through the buildings to get to the rail... something about the gate not closing securely, IIRC.

Collin Creek Mall is across I-75, very close to these apartments. The people I have met who live here are mainly young professionals who live here for 1-2 years and then buy a house. The apartments are a bit pricey for the DFW area (1150-1300+ for a 2 BR), but location is great and the units are nicer than most others in East Plano. Sure, you can find swankier apartments in West Plano along the Dallas North Tollway, but those are even pricier.
The person I know who lives here has only received one notice about crime in the last 18 months and that was when someone tore up an Exit Sign for the building. Management was on the lookout for the vandals (which leads me to believe there are no cameras).
Parking- the person I know who lives here says that the garage is never full- apparently this last summer management cleaned out the resident area of the garage (had all the cars with exp. registration and inspection towed and checked cars against a resident list) and started putting notices on cars in the visitor area that stayed longer than 4 hours.
I can't really see this being a place anyone would live long term due to price and it's not really set up for families. Especially this building with no attached parking or elevator. Also, if you need extreme quiet this is not a good choice with the train station being just a few feet away from the West Side of this building and a large city park that hosts all kinds of car shows and festivals just beyond that.

Eastside Village apartments in Plano lists the address as 15th Place, not J Place.

These apartments span a few suburban blocks. I think each building has the address of the street it faces plus an apartment number.

In reference to the people who are listed not being anyone related to Grace, someone else posted that the person they knew who lived there wasn't listed on that site either. Most likely that is not kept up to date with the turnover rates for apartments.

I would agree that that particular area probably has fewer families with children than other areas of town that are more kid-friendly. Apartments in that area or other areas near DART stations typically have college students or young adults who are out on their own for the first time. Of course, none of her parents are over 30.

Such dysfunction all around. Wait and see is best for me.

Assuming all of this is true:

1) Grace lived with her biological father in the Plano apartment

2) There was no babysitter

3) No one was arrested/taken in to custody Jan 9th

4) Biological father made the 911 call (welfare check)

5) There was no intruder

Was Grace's biological father so irresponsible that he left a 2-1/2 yr old in the apartment alone? And would he make a call to LE to check on the daughter he left home alone???

I can't get any of these pieces to fit!

One person seems to have a number of strange/questionable/inappropriate actions/words and history (quite negative imo) but where is this person in all of this??

And, if no babysitter... that obviously makes another person look bad.

maybe someone is covering for someone else.

I find it odd that it's only the mother's side of the family doing all the talking about anything.

It seems that bio dad's family does not want to hinder the investigation any which is why they've decided to keep quite.

maybe someone is covering for someone else.

I find it odd that it's only the mother's side of the family doing all the talking about anything.

It seems that bio dad's family does not want to hinder the investigation any which is why they've decided to keep quite.

Agree with everything you said.

Assuming all of this is true:

1) Grace lived with her biological father in the Plano apartment

2) There was no babysitter

3) No one was arrested/taken in to custody Jan 9th

4) Biological father made the 911 call (welfare check)

5) There was no intruder

Was Grace's biological father so irresponsible that he left a 2-1/2 yr old in the apartment alone?

there are just so many holes in this, I don't know where to begin.

What I want to know is if the father lived in Plano or Allen like the obit said.

I want to know definitively who lives in the Plano apartment where poor little Grace was murdered, and who was there at the time of the murder.

I'm not surprised that there is some gray area where the father lived. I guess it depends on who wrote the obit. Our suburbs are so populated and run together so much that I never know which one I'm in at any given time. Seriously. There aren't really signs that tell you when you are leaving one and entering another. For the longest time I thought my child's karate school was in my suburb only to find out it was another one, and it's only a mile from my house! Not knowing exactly where the line is is pretty common here. Some suburbs even have one name but a different city for the mailing address. Even our school districts cross over boundaries. It's a bit confusing.

There were no reports in the msm when I found out about this case. I looked and saw nothing. It wasn't until the day that I started this thread that I saw the first msm reports that I posted one the first page.

The only thing I had heard at that point was what was in the first news reports.

"Several public messages on Facebook and other social media websites mention the death of a 2-year-old Plano girl.
According to multiple online accounts, the girl was taken to Children’s Hospital in Dallas on Thursday after “someone hurt her very badly.”
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/01/13/cps-investigating-plano-toddlers-death/

"A fundraising page for Grace Lillian Ford said her face was found duct taped shut, and her family says the reason her body is being kept alive is so her organs can be donated."
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/24436096/two-year-old-girl-dead-face-may-have-been-duct-taped-shut

I want to know if both parents have some sort of alibi.

this whole thing is weird.

there are just so many holes in this, I don't know where to begin.

What I want to know is if the father lived in Plano or Allen like the obit said.

And, I added more, lol (can't seem to stop on this case)

One person seems to have a number of strange/questionable/inappropriate actions/words and history (quite negative imo) but where IS this person in all of this??

And, if no babysitter... that obviously makes another person look bad.

Melluvvahess!!!

I'm just waiting for official info.
Don't know what to think and I refuse to go to their Facebook accts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much information have family members given the media v. wrote online and the media just picked it up?

really . you love this?

A child died .. I can't find anything to love even in the intrigue. Miss Emily is a social butterfly, it seems, perhaps the father is not and private and doesn't have an image he created to uphold now that the dam is breaking.

Reread it. Melluvahess-change the places of the m and the h. Hth.

Reread it. Melluvahess-change the places of the m and the h. Hth.

Thank you for "translating" ;)

I didn't realize it was my word that was misinterpreted as "I love this". UGH!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back