GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for "translating" ;)

I didn't realize it was my word that was misinterpreted as "I love this". UGH!

Sorry - I read it as "me loves this". I'm not up on current lingo :)

i.e. loving the intrigue

It seems the comment about duct tape came from the fundraising youcare site I linked to earlier.

This report mentions the duct tape and the source of that info (the youcare site) and police speak on-camera regarding same and the investigation.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/video?topVideoCatNo=237008&clipId=9725205

And the maternal grandfather said in his "statement" to clear up rumors that Grace was assaulted in a way he cannot state - wonder if she was also sexually assaulted.. that possibility alone adds another layer of sadness to this sweet innocent child's death.

I would think that any left over funds from the fundraisers would go into a fund to be able to offer an award for info leading to the arrest or arrests of the actor or actors in this murder! Jmo

The good people of Plano aren't going to let this go without justice.

The good people of Plano aren't going to let this go without justice.

I really don't get that vibe, unfortunately. There doesn't seem to be any online talk from locals about this, except for some supporters of the family on the FB page. There's barely any media coverage, either.

If someone actually lives in Plano, or really close by, maybe they could let us know what the talk is like.

[modsnip]

Plano was voted the Best Place to Live in America. A town near me made the list, despite the fact that the school system is below average, and it has many crappy neighborhoods. Other much better towns never make the list. Pretty obvious that towns pay to get on it, or have to do some sort of campaigning. Basically, Plano seems "Stepford" to me and the type of city that wouldn't want to make a big deal out of a child murder.

Plano was voted the Best Place to Live in America. A town near me made the list, despite the fact that the school system is below average, and it has many crappy neighborhoods. Other much better towns never make the list. Pretty obvious that towns pay to get on it, or have to do some sort of campaigning. Basically, Plano seems "Stepford" to me and the type of city that wouldn't want to make a big deal out of a child murder.

Am I the only one who remembers the Plano kids who all od'd on drugs? It was was a mass epidemic in the 90's. They don't want attention like that again.

#planoclap

Am I the only one who remembers the Plano kids who all od'd on drugs? It was was a mass epidemic in the 90's. They don't want attention like that again.

#planoclap

Yup...put in Plano heroin drug epidemic and tons of links come up.

Yet the cities priority is their ranking on "Best Places to Live"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the 1980s Plano had a lot of child suicides; now its young people have developed a fatal taste for heroin.

When the case first hit the news, all the articles said that the media found out about it through social media posts. When was LE going to let the media know that a 2-year-old girl had been found critically injured? There's barely any media coverage of a case that seems to have all the factors the MSM likes, leaving me to think LE has told the media to back off. Now I understand if LE has a suspect why they might not want media/public pressure....but does anyone else think it's possible that the city of Plano doesn't want a child murder in the spotlight? There's one article about the case from the local newspaper; The Plano Star.

The constant making of the "Best Places to Live" over the past 10 years is like a desperate attempt by Plano to rebuild their image, after the heroin epidemic.

The original Plano scandal was the suicides in the 80's, then the heroin OD's in the 90's and then the steroid deaths/scandals in HS sports of the early 00's. The reason why all three were such big national news is because Plano was not the type of place parents expected this stuff to happen. It goes against the idea that cities with high instances of home ownership and decent schools are a safe haven against the big bad world.
Parents had this idea that their children being off the "mean streets" of Dallas made them immune to big city problems. Like manicured lawns and home owners associations somehow blocked bad things from happening.
The city has 275K residents and is surrounded by suburban sprawl on all sides. A few pockets of the city have taken a dive- mainly the older parts where homes are smaller and the city has a re-gentrification effort in place. Most of the city is subdivisions that were built in the 70's, 80's and 90's and the homes seem to get larger with each decade.
West Plano has some very posh neighborhoods that are in the top zip codes in the country (Willow Bend and Old Shepard Place) and just past the East side of Plano (but still in the school district) is Murphy- a city of 17K that is 100% single family homes and the average house is over 2500 sq. ft. Other than that, Plano is very normal. Some nice neighborhoods, some that could use a little work.
Living in the area, I can tell you that people in the area are talking about this case. The consensus is that it is tragic, the public is not in danger and like all good suburbanites, everyone says that drugs must be involved- I think people just want to think this could never happen to them because their little darlings would never stray from the life path the parents have planned for them.

The original Plano scandal was the suicides in the 80's, then the heroin OD's in the 90's and then the steroid deaths/scandals in HS sports of the early 00's. The reason why all three were such big national news is because Plano was not the type of place parents expected this stuff to happen. It goes against the idea that cities with high instances of home ownership and decent schools are a safe haven against the big bad world.
Parents had this idea that their children being off the "mean streets" of Dallas made them immune to big city problems. Like manicured lawns and home owners associations somehow blocked bad things from happening.
The city has 275K residents and is surrounded by suburban sprawl on all sides. A few pockets of the city have taken a dive- mainly the older parts where homes are smaller and the city has a re-gentrification effort in place. Most of the city is subdivisions that were built in the 70's, 80's and 90's and the homes seem to get larger with each decade.
West Plano has some very posh neighborhoods that are in the top zip codes in the country (Willow Bend and Old Shepard Place) and just past the East side of Plano (but still in the school district) is Murphy- a city of 17K that is 100% single family homes and the average house is over 2500 sq. ft. Other than that, Plano is very normal. Some nice neighborhoods, some that could use a little work.
Living in the area, I can tell you that people in the area are talking about this case. The consensus is that it is tragic, the public is not in danger and like all good suburbanites, everyone says that drugs must be involved- I think people just want to think this could never happen to them because their little darlings would never stray from the life path the parents have planned for them.

As a person who remembers Plano as 1200 people and one red light I say thanks. You said it very well. Plano, Allen, Richardson, and McKinney are great towns. The town cannot be blamed for the death of one child regardless of how sad it is. It isn't indicative of the town or the residents. jmo

As a person who remembers Plano as 1200 people and one red light I say thanks. You said it very well. Plano, Allen, Richardson, and McKinney are great towns. The town cannot be blamed for the death of one child regardless of how sad it is. It isn't indicative of the town or the residents. jmo

Where is anyone blaming the town for Grace's death?

This is a case with zero media coverage, where LE did not even tell the media about what happened to Grace, the media had to contact LE for information, in a city that consistently makes "Best Places to Live", one of the wealthiest cities in America. IMO; The city doesn't seem like one that would want a high-profile case involving a child...

The fact that the MSM is not covering this story defies logic. I have had several people tell me that they have messaged/tweeted/emailed different news outlets about this case and yet zilcho.
I think that the main reason the criminal and/or custody records in two counties were sealed was to thwart off cable news types from airing dirty laundry from coast. If someone in my family was just killed, I would say bring it on- drag us through the mud to get the story out there and find the person who did this. So, if they aren't pressing LE or the media to get out there and help find who did this, then wouldn't that lead you to believe they already have a pretty good idea who did this?
I think this case will cause an outcry against CPS- when people hear that a child died and that child 3 previous instances of suspected abuse or neglect investigated by CPS, that just boggles your mind. I really hope that more details and an arrest are made this week.

The fact that the MSM is not covering this story defies logic. I have had several people tell me that they have messaged/tweeted/emailed different news outlets about this case and yet zilcho.
I think that the main reason the criminal and/or custody records in two counties were sealed was to thwart off cable news types from airing dirty laundry from coast. If someone in my family was just killed, I would say bring it on- drag us through the mud to get the story out there and find the person who did this. So, if they aren't pressing LE or the media to get out there and help find who did this, then wouldn't that lead you to believe they already have a pretty good idea who did this?
I think this case will cause an outcry against CPS- when people hear that a child died and that child 3 previous instances of suspected abuse or neglect investigated by CPS, that just boggles your mind. I really hope that more details and an arrest are made this week.

Alanna Gallagher was also from the DFW area, and I remember there was talk too about why there wasn't more local media attention, but her case got a lot more publicity than Grace's.

But it doesn't really make sense. If the case is so "newsworthy" then why would the media not report on the case just because LE asked them to not? If there is money to be made, ratings, ad revenue, who cares what some LE agency says? For example, if Miami PD told the media to not cover Bieber's arrest, they would be laughed at, and their request would not be followed. So this case does seem like one the media would be all over, but the fact that they were ignoring it, makes me think that maybe they just see it like a child was killed by a family member, history of CPS, it happens every day? IDK.

I've heard Grace lived with her bio dad and her mother and stepfather...... which one is it. bio mom or bio dad.

and why would you call for a welfare check at your own home.......

Ugh I was suppose to quote iluvmua I hit the wrong quote! Need more coffee !

I've heard Grace lived with her bio dad and her mother and stepfather...... which one is it. bio mom or bio dad.

and why would you call for a welfare check at your own home.......

Maybe a bizarre form of Munchausen's ? Instead of generating attention from medical professionals, the caller desires to engage with law enforcement personnel.

Or perhaps the caller was unable to reach the caregiver by phone and had reason to be concerned for the child's safety.

There is an extensive history of violence in my home, all perpetrated by my 9 1/2 year old son. For staff who work with him one on one, in my home, when no one else is there, the agency has a safety check protocol. If two calls placed 15 minutes apart go unanswered or returned, the police are notified. A check welfare call can be made by anyone for a variety of reasons.

The odd thing is the grandfather posted to "clarify rumors" regarding the event on his FB page. That is where he mentioned the home invasion, babysitter and duct tape or her face taped. Does this strike anyone else as unusual?? :)

His FB wall is public so it was there for all to see. IIRC, a comment on a news story mentioned the "clarification" that was posted to his FB page.

If there was a comment in a news story regarding GF's facebook - it needs to be linked here.

Thanks,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee