Identified! TX - Gray Co, 'Amethyst Doe', WhtFem 35-60, UP6936, clubfoot, clothes, jewelry, Aug'99 - Brenda Sue Guessler

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DNA tests complete on Mary Ann Bagenstose

DNA test complete on Hope Ann Moore.

Still waiting for results on Amethyst Doe.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Amethyst Doe's DNA is on file at the Lubbock Medical Examiner's Office!!! HERUMPH!!!

I wonder if this Jane Doe had AMC ( arthrogyposis Multiplex complex) because she has the clubfoot which respectfully you normally get from a accident and could well explain the crippled leg and shoulder.

Marian Hurley missing Sept 1999. Question husband's account since he did not report her missing.

metal pins in both legs holding the leg bones together, injury from auto accident

Attachments

• Hurley.jpg
    Hurley.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 50
Strange, appears Amethst Doe has a duplicate NamUs number.

And the thing is, Namus states:
1. Yellow colored ring with a pink-red stone setting and four small clear stone settings on the sides of the ring.
2. Yellow metallic ring with a small red stone setting

And before I even saw this Namus link, the photos of Amethyst Doe's rings, do not look like an amethyst stone to me.
They look pink-red to me, which could indicate a garnet (which can come in different shades), a tourmaline (which can come in different shades), and also a ruby(which can come in different shades). It could be a spinel also. If it were a garnet, it could be a rhodolite garnet.
So if it was a synthetic ruby or real ruby, it could be for the birthstone of the month of July.
Garnet is a birthstone for the month of January.

In this photo this ring looks like it could be a pink tourmaline, or rhodolite garnet. The stone is a bit worn, which could indicate that it is not a ruby(#9 on the hardness scale), but a softer stone. It could also be glass....

I wonder what kind of metal this is in this ring. If it was 14kt. gold, then most likely it could be a ruby, pink sapphire, or tourmaline, even. I wonder if the back of the ring is "open" to allow light to go through it?
Synthetic stones, particularly the ones with foil backing, could have a closed backing on the ring shank, and with a synthetic stone, most likely it would be in a plated setting, or a base metal setting.

Hope Moore from post #7

"wore rings on all fingers and a rope necklace with garnet earrings"

Her DNA is complete.

Flipping back and forth between the two NamUs numbers is dumbfounding. Similarities and discrepancies Same date found, same jewelry, but fingerprints and dentals are different. Lord help me!!!???? E-mailed NamUs.....

Hopefully your DNA will soon be entered in CODIS and you will have your name.

Just checking on you Amethyst Doe....Still no DNA and Still entered twice in NamUs. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH...........

I wonder what kind of metal this is in this ring. If it was 14kt. gold, then most likely it could be a ruby, pink sapphire, or tourmaline, even. I wonder if the back of the ring is "open" to allow light to go through it?
Synthetic stones, particularly the ones with foil backing, could have a closed backing on the ring shank, and with a synthetic stone, most likely it would be in a plated setting, or a base metal setting.

It looks kind of similar to the art deco rings I was looking at when trying to match the Elizabethtown murder victim's ring.

I was wondering whether it could be some sort of treated stone that looked purple when she was found but has faded with age? Is that something that might happen?

Just checking, still no DNA profile. Still entered twice. UGH.....

Recent entry in NamUs Robin Flynn went missing December of 1998. Described as 5'4", 120 pounds and 33 years old. Noted she "allegedly has steel rod or screws in left leg or ankle". Once again our UID has screw in right leg.

Attachments

• ROBIN FLYNN.png
    ROBIN FLYNN.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 217
What about Nellie Flickinger????? I know the dates between missing and found may be off, but she had leg injuries.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Flickinger has numerous scars on her body from skin grafts. She was injured in a motorcycle accident in the mid-1960s and had to have screws and/or plates implanted into one of her legs as a result. One of her legs is smaller than the other.

What about Nellie Flickinger????? I know the dates between missing and found may be off, but she had leg injuries.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Flickinger has numerous scars on her body from skin grafts. She was injured in a motorcycle accident in the mid-1960s and had to have screws and/or plates implanted into one of her legs as a result. One of her legs is smaller than the other.

I wish they would finish up with the DNA!!! We could rule Nellie out as well as others. Soooo frustrated.......

HMMM.....

"The woman’s fingerprints and DNA are on file and have been run through numerous state and national databases, without identification."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back