TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think LE could have learned much at the school unless they did one-on-one interviews...kids are not going to speak up in a large group setting...

I was thinking this morning about Hailey being a runaway. For that to be true, she would have to be nothing like the child she has been portayed as by her family and friends. Because this child would not stay gone with her family worried and being questioned by LE. So she was either abducted (by friend, family, or stranger)...or...she started out to do something (like spend the night somewhere other than where she said) and the situation turned into something else. The later is what I am thinking.

As for LE continuing to say she is a runnaway, I feel that this may be calculated. I also feel that the reports LE has given to the press with regard to family and friends not being forthcoming and completely honest may be calculated as well. Maybe these are tactics to keep the real Perp off guard until Hailey can be located.

Just some thoughts.

In the event she is found deceased, Hailey's parents, Clint Dunn and Billie Dunn, have submitted DNA samples, Dean confirmed. Those will be used to identify remains

from the link

I understand that this is routine for a missing child case. But a fairly bold statement released on an otherwise less than bold spokesperson. I wonder if they have evidence that they are not specifically releasing that Hailey is no longer *advertiser censored****. This is their way of "saying" it.

DNA in case they find the body of a runaway? Is H the criminal for running away? What is going on...:(

What would procedure be if the perpetrator or perpetrators are minors? Could that be why LE is clamming up again?

JMO again...I might could accept LE would think she had runaway maybe for the first 24 hours, maybe the first 48, but this is a child who left home in a t-shirt, sweatpants, flip flops and earrings. This 13 year old girl who supposedly ran away, did not take a change of clothes, shoes, hair products, curling iron, makeup,purse or money, nothing according to reports. (My kid left for a 3 day weekend and took 3 suitcases). LE stated there was no evidence of an abduction..well, there isn't any evidence that it wasn't, so err on the side of caution. When hours turned into days and after local LE had refused assistance from some neighboring counties, Texas Rangers arrived and IIRC it was reported it was at the request of BD.
Anyone can refuse to comply with LE's request to sit for a polygraph. It's your constituitional right to remain silent.

I don't think most runaway situations involve curling irons. 13 is an impulsive age. When I ran away at 12, I did it on the spur of the moment because I was deeply distraught by an interaction with my parents. I didn't go and pack bags and color coordinate my outfits. I just left the house, hid in the woods, then hiked up the street and tried not to run into anyone that knew me or my family. Again, not having your bags packed is neither here nor there when it comes to running away.

Also, in most of these photos, Hailey is not wearing make-up. She strikes me as a tomboyish girl.

Personally I think when a child is reported missing it should be considered a community emergency. Fire sirens should be used to alert the immediate vicinity. Computer generated phone calls should go out to the close areas with information on what tv or radio stations to get further information. People should already be aware of the procedures to follow of checking property, noting anything out of the ordinary they have seen recently, etc. The quicker the public response, the quicker the recovery for information.
I wish a town would take on this project and set it in place. Or something similiar.

When did it come up that they don't know the day she disappeared? I have been following this kinda regularly (so I thought). How can you not know the day your kid disappeared - esp if SA saw her? Please enlighten me someone.

I understand that this is routine for a missing child case. But a fairly bold statement released on an otherwise less than bold spokesperson. I wonder if they have evidence that they are not specifically releasing that Hailey is no longer *advertiser censored****. This is their way of "saying" it.

The car was taken in late last week. So possibly they could have found something?

ETA: I do agree though that obtaining DNA is standard procedure.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329807

You've GOT to be kidding me?
No evidence of foul play ..... possible criminal intent ......
Confident we'll find her , she's hiding, will find her "standing up" ..... but DNA will be used to identify remains ?

Seriously. They haven't a flipping clue where she is or what direction they are going with this. Gahhhhhhh........

Surely, if Hailey is anything like my 13 year old she would have been using her mom's phone. I have to practically pry the phone outta his hand.

IIRC it was a prepaid phone? Was there a limited or frugalness when it came to phone usage?

I don't understand why the phone records can't help nail down the day she went missing.

IIRC BD did notify the Texas Rangers requesting their help as was reported on NG.
Nothing has been said about BD calling the Secret Service or the FBI.

I was quoting "the others" comment from the poster I quoted. The "others" involved in the case are the FBI and Secret Service. I never said that BD called the FBI or Secret Service. I hope that clarifies the issue.....

And BD did NOT speak to the Rangers, so I don't think she called them "in" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agent 9