TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster on the Find Hailey FB site made a good point. I AM NOT posting a facebook comment; this is their observation, so I am giving them credit, but this can be found in a news article:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26489013/detail.html

Hailey's grandmother said that Hailey was scared of SA watching her in her room a year ago, yet Hailey's mother claims that SA only moved in a couple of months ago. I thought he didn't even meet the kids until very recently, according to BD?!!?

FWIW: I have SERIOUS issues with grandma not IMMEDIATELY alerting BD and LE/CPS (if BD did nothing) about Hailey claiming that SA was watching her while she lay in bed. I don't know who's lying....but I just think SA has been there a LOT longer than 2 months....and I think that Hailey APPEARS to have told several people about her concerns with SA, but no one did anything.

Billie does keep saying that phrase "she is not in her house." What the heck does that mean? I've never heard anyone use such strange verbage, and I have followed many, many missing children cases. I can't figure it out.
May God bless little Hailey. I truly fear that she has come to a traumatic demise. I know longer believe Billie - she knew exactly what Shawn's "hobbies" were! She knew he was twisted and loved gore/death. I am tired of her playing the victim and the little girl talk. Her precious child is gone! Time to "woman-up" and get to the bottom of this! Tell the truth - even if it makes her maybe look a little less than stellar - own up to what is known, stop being wishy-washy about the answers to questions.
Of course - every word of this is IMOO!!

Okay, I have to be honest, I kept up with this case for 20 threads but I am losing ground here. I just watched a video - part 1 that Kimster posted a page or 2 back -the one with Hailey's grandma and BD on Nancy Grace. At 1:19 in the video BD states "I'm a credible witness. I'm not a liar." Besides her looking away, the statement bugs me to no end. Maybe I took it wrong but to me, "witness" implies just that; You witness something. Being credible stands on it's own. Being a credible witness - to me - is someone that witnessed something and is credible when describing what they witnessed. That and describing herself as "a wonderful mom" really irk me. Clearly, I have a completely different perception of "a wonderful mom." Okay, off my soap box now and back to the shadows.

Guys, just a question as to what would be considered a pill popper?

See, I have an anxiety/panic disorder and take xanax regularly... half of a 0,25 mg dose a day. It's a very small amount. I also take an anti-depressant for my anxiety. Would I be considered a pill popper because I take prescription medication??

Not in my opinion. When I say pill popper I'm not talking about small prescribed doses which are not abused, I'm talking in excess, taking a drug to get high.. to get numb. Taking a half mg of Xanax is far from what I consider to be a pill popper. I am a recovering addict and I'll tell ya, there are many many miles between what you take and what a "pill popper" takes.

Billie does keep saying that phrase "she is not in her house." What the heck does that mean? I've never heard anyone use such strange verbage, and I have followed many, many missing children cases. I can't figure it out.
May God bless little Hailey. I truly fear that she has come to a traumatic demise. I know longer believe Billie - she knew exactly what Shawn's "hobbies" were! She knew he was twisted and loved gore/death. I am tired of her playing the victim and the little girl talk. Her precious child is gone! Time to "woman-up" and get to the bottom of this! Tell the truth - even if it makes her maybe look a little less than stellar - own up to what is known, stop being wishy-washy about the answers to questions.
Of course - every word of this is IMOO!!

BBM above by me. I had to come out of the shadows again to say that I wonder if that is her way of distancing herself OR "gee I don't know" kind of like "I was at work" by Ronald Cummings.
Just my guess at this point.

Help me out here. WHY does BD keep saying "All I know is the Hailey is not in this house". She said it a couple of times tonight on NG. What does that mean? If your child goes missing you want them with you, you want them found, you plead for their return.

BILLIE DUNN: My 13-year-old daughter isn`t in my house.

My 13-year-old daughter isn`t in my house. Somebody knows where she is.

The fact is, Hailey is not in this house, and nobody`s found her.

Everybody needs to remember that the whole reason her face is being put out there is because she`s not in her house.

Say it once, okay. But she says it in nearly every interview.

It sounds sooooo detached. There's no emotion whatsoever.

Link: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Mel

I really think she's just numbed up. jmo

Okay, I have to be honest, I kept up with this case for 20 threads but I am losing ground here. I just watched a video - part 1 that Kimster posted a page or 2 back -the one with Hailey's grandma and BD on Nancy Grace. At 1:19 in the video BD states "I'm a credible witness. I'm not a liar." Besides her looking away, the statement bugs me to no end. Maybe I took it wrong but to me, "witness" implies just that; You witness something. Being credible stands on it's own. Being a credible witness - to me - is someone that witnessed something and is credible when describing what they witnessed. That and describing herself as "a wonderful mom" really irk me. Clearly, I have a completely different perception of "a wonderful mom." Okay, off my soap box now and back to the shadows.

Lol....It could just be the way she phrases things. I have a friend who ALWAYS uses terms like this. Terms that OTHER people should use to describe you, not terms you use to describe yourself.
Most people know that they are never to call themselves 'wonderful' parents. If someone else says that about you, great. If you say that about yourself, you're a bit arrogant, perhaps self-assured, but mostly it immediately makes me question if they are--indeed--a decent parent, where I might not have questioned it prior.
BO may BELIEVE she is 'not a liar'.....but she's been caught in several lies just today. I think it's POSSIBLE that she 'isn't a liar' when it comes to her knowing anything about her daughter's disappearance. I think everything else is off the table....and she isn't promising us that she won't lie about everything else unrelated to Hailey's wherabouts. I think she will totally and completely cover her butt when it comes to her involvement with drugs, for instance.
As for 'credible witness'....I agree...it sounds very odd.
You know who IS a credible witness??? DD....who lived in that house and who would likely know a LOT about what his mother was aware of and what she completely dismissed because of her codependency issues with SA.

Re: The drug buy. Is she saying the affidavit is a lie? So was she lying when she gave the affidavit and is telling the truth on NG? She is obfuscating. Notice when NG tries to ask BD about taking polygraphs, digging under the house, etc. she says yes we can do that tomorrow. Like she's stonewalling until she's on TV.

I have finally caught up. It has literally taken me a week!

My take on BD is that she is frightened out of her mind of SA and maybe his friends. And of course she will not confirm on national Tv that she purchased illegal drugs. Who would? But I do believe the LE documents where it is stated that the drugs were purchased for she and SA.

I was/am on the fence on BD having been involved in the disappearance of Hailey even though she has been very inconsistant and has (IMO) lied. BD now realizes that she made a horrible mistake when she allowed SA to remain in the home after having threatened to kill she and Hailey. The printouts BD had supposedly done at work of murders, sex, and drugs were after the threat to she and Hailey, weren't they? The way I see BD is that she met SA and then her life began a downward spiral. I think SA has been a major bad influence on BD.

It does appear to me that BD placed SA above and before the well being of her children. Hailey looks so scrubbed and wholesome and probably longed to have the normalcy in her life that her friends did. Young people that age just want to be like their friends. If SA and BD were into drugs and all of that murder/horror stuff, then Hailey and her brother probably knew about it. That is simply not normal, IMO. Kids pick up on more than some people think they do.

SA is the one I feel harmed Hailey, even though BD has lied and defended SA. Since when does a concerned mother just accept word from her BF that her daughter 'told' him she was going for a sleepover? In my day we had to have permission and both mother's had to agree. If Hailey and her brother had the freedon to tell the BF and the mom what they are going to do overnight without even asking, then there was simply no parenting going on in that home.

Sadly; I do believe that with as much time as has passed, the outcome will not be a good one. I am sure LE has SA under surveilance (as was written in an article, IIRC), and will hold off on an arrest until they have an airtight case.

I would love for Hailey to be located safe and sound even though the odds are against it. I hope BD thinks long and hard about being evasive with LE and tells the truth starting NOW even if it looks bad on her. Hailey and locating Hailey is more important than looking bad. As far as SA; if I were to say what I think of him I would be banned for life, so I will refrain.

Sorry for the long post, peeps, but I would not post hardly at all until I caught up.

MOO's

Re: The drug buy. Is she saying the affidavit is a lie? So was she lying when she gave the affidavit and is telling the truth on NG? She is obfuscating. Notice when NG tries to ask BD about taking polygraphs, digging under the house, etc. she says yes we can do that tomorrow. Like she's stonewalling until she's on TV.

I'm beginning to think BD likes being on TV. But I think she should be on TV asking for Hailey's return or someone to come forward or speak directly to Hailey. I don't know. Maybe I'm just starting to pick her part unjustly. Maybe I feel embarrassed that I was so sure she was such a nice, honest person in the beginning and now I am furious that Hailey was in an environment that was harmful or frightening to her. She's just a child!

BD claimed that she withdrew $140 for "gas, groceries, whatever..."

Since she used an ATM/debit card to withdraw the money, that same ATM/debit card could have been used to pay for gas & groceries @ the point of sale. She wouldn't have needed cash to buy gas or groceries - but she would have needed cash to score her drugs.

Not that I ever believed her lame story, but I wanted to point out how ridiculous her lame explanation is.

She withdrew $140 for "whatever" i.e. illegal narcotics, as she testified to in the affidavit.

Yet, she keeps giving interviews to deny it, under the guise of keeping the focus on her little girl.

IMO, BD cares more about covering up her illicit drug abuse than she does about finding her daughter.

BD behaves like a typical drug addict - clinging to her lies even in the face of concrete truth.

God help Hailey, because her mother certainly isn't.

I agree with all you have stated, sorrell skye.

I believe the money was taken out to buy illegal drugs as well. Another thing might be that SA went in to work to deliver some drugs to someone he worked with. Are there lockers in that break room? Maybe he was going to slip some drugs into one of the lockers but the supervisor was there. Maybe SA's thing was to buy some drugs, use some, and sell some.

With BD, I thought from the moment I had listened to her for even two minutes, she was a <mod snip>. SA is creepy. He had that 'excited' look on his face in the one interview I watched with he and BD. He loved every moment of talking about Hailey missing. I could also see it in his eyes.

No, dope sellers do not take debit cards, do they?

I'm beginning to think BD likes being on TV. snip.... I don't know. Maybe I'm just starting to pick her part unjustly. Maybe I feel embarrassed that I was so sure she was such a nice, honest person in the beginning and now I am furious that Hailey was in an environment that was harmful or frightening to her.!

YES. That is how I feel now too. Like we were betrayed by BD's sincere denials.
After seeing that BD took part in those ridiculous and sick home videos I am now certain she KNEW what kind of freak her live in bf was.

Here is part of a NG transcript. :

When you met him, did you have your daughter with you?
00:08:39 >> No, ma'am.
00:08:41 >> And what was his relationship with her?
00:08:44 >> In the beginning she didn't like him.
00:08:48 In the beginning clint and I had just separated.
00:08:52 She said she felt like he was the reason I wouldn't take her daddy back.
00:08:56 It took some time, but she got over it, and her and shawn were able to joke around with each other.
00:09:02 She was able to go and ask shawn for ten bucks instead of telling me to ask him.
00:09:11 Things have gotten much better.

So according to BD, if Hailey needed 10 dollars she was expected to ask SA for it? THAT IS REVOLTING. that poor kid.

I agree with all you have stated, sorrell skye.

I believe the money was taken out to buy illegal drugs as well. Another thing might be that SA went in to work to deliver some drugs to someone he worked with. Are there lockers in that break room? Maybe he was going to slip some drugs into one of the lockers but the supervisor was there. Maybe SA's thing was to buy some drugs, use some, and sell some.

With BD, I thought from the moment I had listened to her for even two minutes, she was a <mod snip>. SA is creepy. He had that 'excited' look on his face in the one interview I watched with he and BD. He loved every moment of talking about Hailey missing. I could also see it in his eyes.

No, dope sellers do not take debit cards, do they?
he did seem to be enjoying the moment, didn't he? I got the impression, that he could barely keep the smile off his face.

A poster on the Find Hailey FB site made a good point. I AM NOT posting a facebook comment; this is their observation, so I am giving them credit, but this can be found in a news article:

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26489013/detail.html

Hailey's grandmother said that Hailey was scared of SA watching her in her room a year ago, yet Hailey's mother claims that SA only moved in a couple of months ago. I thought he didn't even meet the kids until very recently, according to BD?!!?

FWIW: I have SERIOUS issues with grandma not IMMEDIATELY alerting BD and LE/CPS (if BD did nothing) about Hailey claiming that SA was watching her while she lay in bed. I don't know who's lying....but I just think SA has been there a LOT longer than 2 months....and I think that Hailey APPEARS to have told several people about her concerns with SA, but no one did anything.

I picked up on this tonight on NG's. BD asked how come no one told her about SA watching Haily. Didn't SA just move into their home here like recently? - TIA

I tried to sleep but everytime I shut my eyes I see that hideous face and wonder if that is the last face Hailey saw.SA looks like a devil in his movie,how could she let him near her kids?

I bet CPS was called about the living arrangements,but all they ever want to do is keep the kids with the mom.

I tried to sleep but everytime I shut my eyes I see that hideous face and wonder if that is the last face Hailey saw.SA looks like a devil in his movie,how could she let him near her kids?

I know what you mean...I cannot even begin to imagine the terror if it indeed is the case.
I don't understand how BD missed all this...then again maybe she wasn't looking perhaps blinded by "love" ...It seems her and CD split up and soon she was with SA if she wasn't before the split.

We need to bring HAILEY HOME!!!

Good morning, all. I haven't read to catch up yet, but wanted to post this in case it hasn't been posted yet. It's the NG transcript from last night.

I dread reading it lol. I was sooooo upset last night. :(

NANCY GRACE transcript for Thursday January 13 2010

Hailey`s Grandmother Suspects Mother`s Boyfriend

Aired January 13, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Good morning, all. I haven't read to catch up yet, but wanted to post this in case it hasn't been posted yet. It's the NG transcript from last night.

I dread reading it lol. I was sooooo upset last night. :(

NANCY GRACE transcript for Thursday January 13 2010

Hailey`s Grandmother Suspects Mother`s Boyfriend

Aired January 13, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

It wasn't the reading that bothered me -- it was the watching! Then to see the videos on you tube, I am more than scared for Hailey -- I'm petrified.

Mel

Nancy Grace Thursday Jan 13 - everything Billie said

GRACE: Mom is with us, Billie Dunn, joining us there in Hailey`s home. Also with us, Hailey`s grandmother, Connie Jones. I want to go straight out to you, ladies. I want to thank you for being with us. Everyone, take a look at the photos...

BILLIE DUNN: Thank you.

snip

GRACE: To Billie Dunn, Hailey`s mother. What is your response?

BILLIE DUNN: It appalls me. Why would nobody tell me this? If she was concerned about that, why not tell me or Clint a long time ago? And I never heard of anybody fighting me for custody until tonight, just now.

GRACE: Well, Billie, if she`s telling her grandmother and the grandmother`s telling the father, she is telling people! She`s telling people she was afraid of your boyfriend.

BILLIE DUNN: Why didn`t her grandmother not tell me or her father, is what I`m saying.

snip

GRACE: OK, Billie Dunn, I`ve got the police affidavit right here in my hand verbatim. I`ve got hundreds of pages of documents that we have combed through. And they say you used (ph) -- at 6:19, 6:20 PM, you withdraw $60, then $80 cash. It was then determined through a volunteer -- voluntary admission of you, Billie Dunn, the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County.

BILLIE DUNN: Right. And I read that, too. The only narcotics I had were prescribed to me, and I even showed those to Priscilla to get them on tape.

GRACE: OK, so are you telling me that you got, basically, a refill of prescription drugs not from the drugstore? Is that what the illegal narcotic was?

BILLIE DUNN: No. I`m not even sure what day I got the prescriptions. I think it was before then.

snip

GRACE: Why weren`t there sheets on her bed?

BILLIE DUNN: The investigators took her sheet off. I`d asked them to use the sheet for the dogs to get the scent, but I think they kept it.

snip

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. Billie Dun, you`ve been doing a lot of defending yourself. I want to hear your response to that.

DUNN: I have every horrible emotion imaginable. I break down several times in my room by myself. I try my hardest not to do it on TV. But I do try my hardest not to do it around family. I shouldn`t have to be defending my self. The fact is, Hailey is not in this house, and nobody`s found her. Everybody needs to remember that the whole reason her face is being put out there is because she`s not in her house.

snip

GRACE: Billie, if I say anything incorrectly, correct me.

DUNN: OK.

snip

GRACE: Billie Dunn, I want to hear your thoughts on what I just portrayed. Is that all correct? Has he cut off contact with you?

DUNN: Yes, that is all correct.

GRACE: I`m sorry, I can`t hear you?

DUNN: That`s all correct.

GRACE: No, I can barely hear you. Would you repeat one more time, please?

DUNN: I was just saying that you were correct with all of that.

snip

GRACE: Miss Dunn, why do police want to dig under your home?

DUNN: Because they asked if there was a way they could get under the home to search. And I told them, sure, we`ll get them under there. There was a place that Clint, when he was here, he boarded up a long time ago so the dogs couldn`t get under there. But I know where it is and we can get them under there.

snip

GRACE: OK, Billie Dunn, any idea who this could be, and have cops told you about a possible sighting in Odessa?

DUNN: No, but Clint did tell me about hearing that about a week and a half ago. And I did tell him to make sure he went to some authority figure to let them know about that.

snip

GRACE: What about it, Billie Dunn? Scurry County, what`s the connection?

DUNN: Me and Hailey have a lot of friends and family there.

GRACE: You know, it sounds like a lot of people think she`s taken off and is hiding out in Odessa or Scurry County. But the reality is, police have said that simply is not true. Billie, shed some light on it.

DUNN: It`s a good thought and a good hope, and really the only hope - - the best thing we can hope for is that she would be hiding out, but she`s 13, she took nothing. I didn`t worry about her being a bad kid.

snip

GRACE: It`s my understanding that your live-in is no longer cooperating with police. Why do you believe that?

DUNN: It`s just -- it`s a scary thought and a bad thought for me, but he`s not. There`s a reason he`s not. He has -- he does have inconsistencies. Why would he come to Colorado City before he goes to his mom`s house? Why just go to work and turn around and walk out?

GRACE: How old is he? Was he born in `85? Is he -- how old is he?

DUNN: Yes, he`s 25, 26.

GRACE: And how old are you?

DUNN: Thirty-three.

GRACE: You keep -- you`ve told me now that he`s not cooperating with police, and I ask you why you say that. I`m not asking why is he not cooperating, I`m saying, why you say that. Is he not calling police? Is he not going down to the station like he`s been asked to?

DUNN: Right. He`s not -- yes, he hasn`t been down there. He hasn`t been talking to any investigators or police or anybody.

GRACE: When we were told that -- when police wanted to look at his cell phone, he started deleting numbers, did he explain that to you?

DUNN: What he told me was, they wanted to see where he had called me at work. He showed it to them on his phone. They said, OK, gave it back to him, and they said show me again. And he says it wasn`t there.

GRACE: To Connie Jones --

DUNN: They didn`t tell me he deleted it, so.

snip

GRACE: Billie Dunn, have you heard the live-in Shawn Adkins talking about her being just a runaway? I mean, he did tell police how you can find her over there in Scurry County.

DUNN: Right. But from the get-go, I told them the first night I didn`t believe she would ever run away. I never gave Shawn a chance to say otherwise.

GRACE: Has she ever run away? Has she ever stayed away without telling you where she was?

DUNN: No, no.

snip

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. Billie, at first she tells cops she is a great little girl, then says she is promiscuous. Why would he say something like that?

DUNN: Right.

GRACE: How did he speak about her to you?

DUNN: Well, how dare him say that in the first place, but he told me, I`ve done a wonderful job with my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston