TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted last night and said the LPN course in Snyder was a one-year course, FWIW...

JMO but most LVN courses are for 1 year but that year does not include the prerequisite courses that are required, so it in reality it is longer than a year. This info is from an old mind things may have changed.

AMEN! (((I have a GA license too! Graduated from MCG!)))

not to mention....

being tight on money...

being a single mom.....

how could you let your license just expire and keep practicing... get served by the board and not show...

to then just be a unit clerk which is a huge pay cut?

seems that if she did not have the money to renew... she could have borrowed the 60 dollars... or around that... from someone to renew.

Agreed!!
Nurses are in short supply in Texas all the time, they offer beaucoups money to entice them to work, even LVN's make dang good money some places and pay incentives to take certain jobs or shifts. I would think once a person got that license, they would beg, borrow, or steal to keep it... but that's just me. I can honestly say that if I had ever been fortunate enough to get a nursing license, I would not let it lapse, come he77 or high water!!

CBS7 sources say while it is believed they did find a bone, they say it appears it may just be a deer bone as several animal remains have been found throughout the search process.

KBST reports the bone has been sent for analysis.

Scurry County Sheriff Darren Jackson reports that crews did find animal remains Thursday, but he could not confirm that anything had been sent for analysis

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23345

bounced check or no bounced check she was practicing nursing without a license, it was found out, she was served with papers and failed to show up at her board hearing so they revoked it. I am really not buying much that BD is selling these days so who knows if that is the REAL reason that she did not renew her license and yet continued to work. ((that part being my opinion only))

I am a nurse (and professional poster here) and this is a big no no to practice without a license.

What is most concerning to me is that she did not attend the hearing.

In order for her to get her license reinstated she will have to appear before the board and it will be up to the board if they wish to reinstate her license and if there are any other stipluations such as probation etc...

I do not have the link handy but did read her court documents....
Morning Nurse, I'd like to know what is a professional poster?

Just from reading the bits and pieces of BD's history, she's disconnected from acting on the important things that come up in her life. Like her nursing license, daughter complaining about SA, car being broken, divorce not started. Isn't that unusual for someone that doesn't have back-up support?

No wonder she needed drugs! How did she cope knowing somewhere in the back of her mind, that it could all come crashing down & she'd be left with no job? Or daughter? Which is exactly what happened!!!!!!!

In Florida, you have to have a 75 or above to pass...which is a C. Don't know if that is the case in TX. You also have to demonstrate that you can perform specific skills correctly.

I am a nursing student (RN though not LPN/LVN) and our second semester just started. The first semester LPN is the same as an RN. We lost almost half our class...we had about 50 the first semester and had about 25 that failed out....some by a point or two. These were people that had pretty good GPA's. Nursing school is tough regardless of the program (RN or LPN) so the fact that she made it through speaks volumes to me. JMO and all that stuff.

ITA. In my opinion anyone who could get through nursing school is highly intelligent. I know I could have never done it.

With that said though, when I have been in the hospital lately or my family member, I have to wonder how some of the nurses we had actually did get through nursing school. LOL

Someone posted last night and said the LPN course in Snyder was a one-year course, FWIW...

Not just in Snyder, it's a 1 year course over the entire state, unless they've changed the rules lately. It's been that for many years, because I looked into it about 30 years ago.

ETA: Matter of fact, Texas has a 2-year RN course, but they are slightly limited to their skills and the capacity they can work, if I am not mistaken.

In one, police said Adkins at first was "very positive" about Hailey, but that as time went on he indicated she was promiscuous and that she used drugs. Adkins denied this on Friday. He said he had told police that Billie and Hailey Dunn had discussed taking birth control and that he had told investigators that the teen was "boy crazy."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/14/ap/national/main7246195.shtml

lies lies lies

after seeing the butcher vid i am sorta wondering if they were getting "ideas" for a future/next video? also considering the date that the info was printed, could they have been looking for a "theme" for a halloween party or more scary costumes to make based on a real life crime?

also earlier i was pondering that IF the crime info is bd's and considering her statement on ng that "they arent normal people like us" could she have been trying to relate to sa or bond on some mutual level? maybe because she was starting to see that he was having a problem/addiction to all the slasher stuff and she could have been trying to figure out if she needed to worry about it??? idk... shes got a lot to worry about now. sad, hd had to have been scared out of her mind! moo

Ok, the Mask he bought was from the movie The Collector. He seems obcessed with this character, it's the same mask worn in the pictures, so he already owned one when he ordered another one.
movie plot

"Clegg decides to add her to his 'collection' of pretty, petrified objects, in hopes that if he keeps her captive long enough, she will grow to love him. After careful preparations, he kidnaps Miranda by drugging her with chloroform and locks her up in the cellar of his house."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/<div style=
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Collector"]
wikipedia_icon.gif
The_Collector[/ame]

IMO The FACT he ordered that MASK before she disappeared and the FACT he was THRILLED with it so much he had to leave detailed feedback about it on Jan7th. I can't help but think he maybe following that Movie PLOT....and following that plot....she had been locked away somewhere.

JMO but most LVN courses are for 1 year but that year does not include the prerequisite courses that are required, so it in reality it is longer than a year. This info is from an old mind things may have changed.

I took LPN and RN. I started mid Jan and finished mid Dec. I had 2 weeks off during the summer. It was a 5 day a week class/clinical.

Now my RN I started Aug '93 and graduated Dec '95. Since I was a LPN I 'bridged" into the RN program.

CBS7 sources say while it is believed they did find a bone, they say it appears it may just be a deer bone as several animal remains have been found throughout the search process.

Scurry County Sheriff Darren Jackson reports that crews did find animal remains Thursday, but he could not confirm that anything had been sent for analysis

The TR and FBI know the difference between an animal bone and a deer bone. I doubt they're sending every bone they find off for analysis. To me, this *may* be significant here.

MOO

ETA: Okay, in my haste to read the post by nursebeeme and deal with RL, I misread the statement and thought that they HAD confirmed that the bone was sent for analysis. My bad.

In one, police said Adkins at first was "very positive" about Hailey, but that as time went on he indicated she was promiscuous and that she used drugs. Adkins denied this on Friday. He said he had told police that Billie and Hailey Dunn had discussed taking birth control and that he had told investigators that the teen was "boy crazy."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/14/ap/national/main7246195.shtml

lies lies lies

He must have watched NG last night... :rolleyes:

I'm glad that got cleared up. :giggle:

This is in reference to the true crimes books and such being a "hobby", as BD has stated, I believe. I admit I have not read all of the threads, but I do check in a couple of times a day. Anyway, what if the "hobby" part was re-enacting the crimes in the books? Or, maybe, practice? This makes me just sick even typing it. I could only watch one video, and that was plenty for me. :(

bounced check or no bounced check she was practicing nursing without a license, it was found out, she was served with papers and failed to show up at her board hearing so they revoked it. I am really not buying much that BD is selling these days so who knows if that is the REAL reason that she did not renew her license and yet continued to work. ((that part being my opinion only))

I am a nurse (and professional poster here) and this is a big no no to practice without a license.

What is most concerning to me is that she did not attend the hearing.

In order for her to get her license reinstated she will have to appear before the board and it will be up to the board if they wish to reinstate her license and if there are any other stipluations such as probation etc...

I do not have the link handy but did read her court documents....

What puzzles me is that the hospital actually offered her another position at the facility; i.e., ward clerk? We used to call them "unit secretaries". If what she did was such a legal issue, why would they choose to keep her on.

Who did SA say this to, about not having said what he was alleged to say about Hailey?

Never mind, I just read the article...now HE is saying the police lied in the affadavits...

If Billie worked from 7 am to 7 pm on Monday Dec 27, how could she possibly be with SA at 6:19 pm making withdrawals from the ATM machine?

<snip from Timeline>

Monday Dec 27

- Morning - Hailey's mother's live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, goes to work, is fired, and then goes to his mother's home. Later, LE contacts his employer, who says Shawn is a good employee and was not fired.

- 6:10am - Shawn leaves his job. He tells LE he went right to his mother's home in Big Spring.

- 6:20am - Billie leaves for work. LE says her cell contacted the same cell tower as Shawn's during the same timeframe.

- 6:35am. until 6:56am - Cell phone records indicate Shawn's cell contacts towers in Scurry County.

- 12 noon - Neighbor sees Hailey in her back yard, talking on the phone.

- 3pm - Shawn returns home.

- 3:15pm - Hailey tells Shawn that she is going to her father’s, then to her friend, MB, home for the night. LE says Hailey left without any personal items, and never made it to her father's or friend's homes.

- 4pm - Hailey’s brother D comes home. He pounds on the front door for 5 minutes, and no one answers. He then goes in through a window, where he sees Shawn in a hallway with a “deer in the headlights look.”

– 6:20pm - Billie and Shawn make two ATM cash withdrawals of cash totaling $140. They later tell LE the money was to purchase illegal narcotics from someone in Scurry County for both their use.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5999480&postcount=808"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #15[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf