TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your link comes up with *********** then that site is not allowed to be linked on here.

There is a HUGE difference in lying to the media and lying in a sworn affidavit before a judge.

Yes, this is why they lied to the media about the polygraphs, but did not lie in the affidavit. This really bothers me... because I think this is when public opinion of Billie really started to turn. They came out and essentially called her a liar.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

At a morning press conference at Colorado City, City Hall, officials told CBS 7 that they did not tell Billie Jean Dunn or Shawn Adkins the results of their Wednesday polygraph tests.

This new information from authorities contradicts what Billie Jean said
before a national audience Thursday night while speaking with HLN host Nancy Grace.

Billie Jean told Grace that both she and her boyfriend Shawn Adkins had failed their polygraphs.

Authorities wouldn't speculate whether Billie Jean was lying or just "had a feeling" that she and Shawn had failed.

http://www.kwes.com/Global/story.asp?S=13830886

On a second occasion, the affidavit indicated that Dunn failed the polygraph examination. When investigators asked Dunn to explain her results, "Dunn could not explain why she failed the polygraph examination.

I wonder if Billie's family and friends are standing behind her ..besides cztgz of course. Has anyone heard what their feelings were either way?

CZ has said that her mother is staying with her.

We have heard that her brothers were both in town for New Years Eve.

I know for sure 1 brother has been quoted in the media, possibly two.

So it appears that at least her mother, 2 brothers and their families are standing by her. I do not know what other family she has.

I know I have used this analogy before, but considering Billie's response or lack of response to all the suspicion pointed Shawn's direction....

My German Shepherd puppy was in my hubby's care when he bolted across the street and got hit by a car. My DH LOVES my dog as much as I do. He was heartbroken and too full responsibility for the *accident* which had left my dog with a broken fully degloved puppy leg with now closed growth plates (translates to 7 surgeries and thousands of dollars).

I knew it was an accident, I felt bad for my husband and his obvious guilt. But I am human and there was a part of me that was FURIOUS and blamed him for letting it happen.

When I take those emotions and apply them to my child, who I don't know where she is, anyone with any common sense suspects him to some degree, she somewhat kind of sort of acknowledges that gee maybe he could have something to do with it, that is what they keep beating into her head anyway.

It *seems* to me when projecting on to this case that there would be a flip out somewhere along the way, tears, begging him to tell her if he knows, anger, fury, threats of bodily harm.

She has been on live television with a skilled interviewer who would love to have that flip out occur on her airways, she has led her right down the road to lash out at him.

The emotions and words regarding Shawn seem too controlled to me.
Doesn't ring true to me at all.

Think of Kyron's mother and the anger you could see seeping out of her long before Terri was called a suspect. Even if she didn't think she had first hand involvement at that moment, she was ANGRY, rational or irrational. She was pissed.

BBM

If you are referring to NG, well, um, I'm not sure I would call her skilled. She interrupts, browbeats and has consistently not asked the right questions!!!

Other than that, I agree!

The thought occurred to me while typing my last post.
This is what strikes me about every interview with Billie and why in a nutshell I don't believe she doesn't know exactly what happened (she may not know where the body is, but she knows what happened in my opinion):

Billie's interviews are about the story.

They are about explaining discrepancies.
About why what the probable cause documents are wrong.
How she is being slandered.

That in a nutshell is the primary concern.
I see nothing in those interviews that begs witnesses to come forward.
Begs mysterious abductors to turn Hailey loose.
Instructions for Hailey if she is watching.

We have seen Clint make those pleas to what he hopes is his runaway child.
Please come back, you can live anywhere you want.
Negotiating for an outcome he can tolerate.
That is what you hear when someone is terrified.
Please take me and turn her loose.
Cure my child's cancer and strike me dead.
If you only come home you can live anywhere.
You can dye your hair fushia and get tattoos.
I don't care, I will make any exchange.

Not clarifying timelines and arguing about ten minute windows that will do nothing to bring her home. Debating what cash was used for and why it was taken out. IMO those questions should I annoy her, they would have to bleep me, I have no F'n idea, I don't F'n care, this is my daughters photo, this is what she looks like with it up, with it down, she likes this kind of food, call me with anything.

moo

We have a forum here for Zahra:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=420"]Zahra Clare Baker - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

BBM

If you are referring to NG, well, um, I'm not sure I would call her skilled. She interrupts, browbeats and has consistently not asked the right questions!!!

Other than that, I agree!

I am not a fan either, but she is the queen of rolling the bus over someone (founded or not) and she definitely has offered Billie the wheel a couple of times!

This person did not just tell LE. I just learned of it. LE has not released the info, nor verified it.

I thought it was worth mentioning because, while I do not know the other people who say they saw Hailey, I do know this person. They would be what I would consider to be a credible witness - they know Hailey personally, are an established member of the community, a business owner, who has no reason to try and protect anyone.

Czgtx,
If I ever go thru something like this... I hope I have a friend like you

It might be harder to determine if others actually SAW Hailey but its not hard to determine who she called Monday and when the calls took place....

WHen Billie called home Tuesday at Noon and DD answered and she tells him to call MB and tell Hailey to come home and he calls back Billie saying she wasnt at MB

What would I do... Id look at the phone is see who actually Hailey had talked to on Monday and make plans with geez what if SA had gotten the name wrong and she was staying at Suzie Beth (made up name) and he just got the name wrong...

Billie has the phone..her son is looking at it at this point so she knows who/when Hailey called anyone on Monday or if anyone called her..

Billie knows from the call log if the neighbor really saw Hailey making a call at noon....She could have that confirmed on tuesday at Noon..

My question is
Did Billie or DD go to the log and see any calls on Monday?

But we have heard she loves SA and wishes this would get over with so she can bring him back home. jmo

Billie has had more than one inconsistency while on Nancy Grace and I am talking from one show to the next. I am going to read through the transcripts and see if I can find them. I don't know what to think when it comes to her.

CZGTZ:

Has Billie ever mentioned that was concerned about Hailey making friends with anyone on facebook?

Did you think it was odd that Billie didn't check in on Hailey the same night that she left for the sleepover?

yes I could see him lying and completely making things up.

So he says all this crap about Hailey being on Birth control and being boy crazy trying to make Hailey look bad and mom look like she is lying with the birth control issue, ect.. At some point in this he completely turned on BD.

No more being supportive and telling LE all the wonderful things about Hailey.
I think it was the point Billie started to question the stuff she couldnt pass the lie detector over.

Do you think Shawn had anything to do with this?
Do you think shawn knows where Hailey is etc..

Everyday she finds out more stuff .. the job ,the trip to the house, the locking her son out of the house..
I do believe Shawn was telling BS in every reguard he could think of in a blind em with BS tactic.

I really believe the reason Shawn left was because she was asking him questions.

yes, but this incident was back in February..why would he have confessed to threatening Hailey and Billie if neither one of them accused him of doing so? That doesn't make any sense to me...

But we have heard she loves SA and wishes this would get over with so she can bring him back home. jmo

and that if she finds out that he had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, she's NEVER going to speak to him again..Got him told, huh?!

I know I have used this analogy before, but considering Billie's response or lack of response to all the suspicion pointed Shawn's direction....

My German Shepherd puppy was in my hubby's care when he bolted across the street and got hit by a car. My DH LOVES my dog as much as I do. He was heartbroken and too full responsibility for the *accident* which had left my dog with a broken fully degloved puppy leg with now closed growth plates (translates to 7 surgeries and thousands of dollars).

I knew it was an accident, I felt bad for my husband and his obvious guilt. But I am human and there was a part of me that was FURIOUS and blamed him for letting it happen.

When I take those emotions and apply them to my child, who I don't know where she is, anyone with any common sense suspects him to some degree, she somewhat kind of sort of acknowledges that gee maybe he could have something to do with it, that is what they keep beating into her head anyway.

It *seems* to me when projecting on to this case that there would be a flip out somewhere along the way, tears, begging him to tell her if he knows, anger, fury, threats of bodily harm.

She has been on live television with a skilled interviewer who would love to have that flip out occur on her airways, she has led her right down the road to lash out at him.

The emotions and words regarding Shawn seem too controlled to me.
Doesn't ring true to me at all.

Think of Kyron's mother and the anger you could see seeping out of her long before Terri was called a suspect. Even if she didn't think she had first hand involvement at that moment, she was ANGRY, rational or irrational. She was pissed.

Drugs/Medication = Flat Affect ??

yes I could see him lying and completely making things up.

So he says all this crap about Hailey being on Birth control and being boy crazy trying to make Hailey look bad and mom look like she is lying with the birth control issue, ect.. At some point in this he completely turned on BD.

No more being supportive and telling LE all the wonderful things about Hailey.
I think it was the point Billie started to question the stuff she couldnt pass the lie detector over.

Do you think Shawn had anything to do with this?
Do you think shawn knows where Hailey is etc..

Everyday she finds out more stuff .. the job ,the trip to the house, the locking her son out of the house..
I do believe Shawn was telling BS in every reguard he could think of in a blind em with BS tactic.

I really believe the reason Shawn left was because she was asking him questions.
Haleigh Cummings - and a "drug" connection ...
Caylee Anthony and a mother's boyfriend thay loved her suddenly quiting his job the very day shebwent went "missing"
possibly a woman who also thought a man loved her daughter more than her.
Haleigh and Hailey an 8 yr age gap between partners?
that's all I got.
*#android posted! may contain typos

I am not a fan either, but she is the queen of rolling the bus over someone (founded or not) and she definitely has offered Billie the wheel a couple of times!

No matter what I think of her at times, she DOES keep these children's faces and stories in the media and one of the few who do..for that I am thankful..

I don't think sightings before 3pm are irrelevant. Because if they can be verified it means she was alive after 10:30am.

That would mean that the theories of something happening the night before could not be true.

It would mean theories of something happening early that morning after SA left work, could not be true.

Since law enforcement appears to have verified that Shawn DID go to his mother's house... then his cell phone pings keep him in Big Spring until 2:40pm.

This would leave only a ONE HOUR window for Shawn to be at the house at 3pm while Hailey was there, then also be there at 4pm when DD got back and Hailey was gone. He would have had to commit the crime in one hour.

That would narrow the scenarios and time frame significantly. Especially because I imagine they have his pings from Tuesday as well. So if he did anything then, they would know where he was and where to search.

If this sighting is true I think it totally changes everything. That time with no pings in the morning might mean nothing... if the rest of the time he is pinging that'd be great as far as a map of where to look.

Even if she was seen between 10:30 and noon,the last person who said they saw her was the suspect at 3pm,so sightings before 3pm are mute.

I would also consider this more credible, because a business owner would be much more likely to remember the details. Especially after a holiday weekend, they would know for sure it was Monday. They would be more likely to be able to narrow down the time, opening, closing, lunches, etc.

Rather than someone without a set schedule... this seems a bit more credible to me. Especially if law enforcement has gone back to talk to them more than once. If they decided it wasn't credible, why go back?

This person did not just tell LE. I just learned of it. LE has not released the info, nor verified it.

I thought it was worth mentioning because, while I do not know the other people who say they saw Hailey, I do know this person. They would be what I would consider to be a credible witness - they know Hailey personally, are an established member of the community, a business owner, who has no reason to try and protect anyone.

Has law enforcement verified Shawn's account of the last time he saw Hailey?

Or Billie's?

They've searched that house too... but the only account in the affidavit that it appeared they believed was her brother seeing her the night before. Interviewing and searching doesn't = verifying 100% of the time.

They can question, search and polygraph... but still not say to the public "we've verified this sighting" or "we don't believe this witness."

Plus, they didn't tell Billie about this sighting... the witness did. So why would they tell Billie they verified it or discredited it, if they didn't tell her about it to begin with? We haven't heard about it at all in the media, so we wouldn't have heard that way.

If anyone came out and said they saw Hailey that day I would expect them to be questioned and have their house searched. They had said they were searching every house there anyway.

Ok I am confused b/c this is what you said earlier when this was 1st brought up:

I have learned that someone else saw Hailey Monday morning. Someone who has no reason to protect Billie or SA, and in fact doesn't even know them. This person saw Hailey more than once, and is sure that it was Hailey. LE is aware, has searched this person's house and interviewed them more than once.

Earlier you said that LE had searched this person's house and interviewed them more than once but now you are saying that LE has not verified it. :waitasec:

Haleigh Cummings - and a "drug" connection ...
Caylee Anthony and a mother's boyfriend thay loved her suddenly quiting his job the very day shebwent went "missing"
possibly a woman who also thought a man loved her daughter more than her.
Haleigh and Hailey an 8 yr age gap between partners?
that's all I got.
*#android posted! may contain typos

Casey 30 days later - Hailey 24 hrs later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads