TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As obsessive as it sounds (and most likely was) I never, ever woke up during the night without going into each of my childrens room to check on them. Sometimes (due to WAY too many trips to the bathroom, lol) I may have checked on them 3-4 times a night. Of course I DO realize that having lost a child to SIDS played a huge part in that..but I did it until my children left home..absolutely could not go back to sleep if I didn't..I knew I couldn't go thru those *what if's* again...

You'd be SHOCKED at exactly how savvy many kids that young are! My 13 year old jailbroke his iphone and runs outside apps and programs. I don't even understand the purpose:waitasec:

I don't know what "jailbroke" is. :waitasec:

I read on Topix (FWIW), that Hailey and her friends would stand in front of the hotel that scent dogs trailed to, in order to get a wireless signal. In the raw interview with Billie that I posted a link to, she tells the reporters they did not have a computer in their home.

I so confused about the phones! in the raw interview she said I used the home phone in the morning and left my cell phone for the kids.

I pretty sure I heard that right:banghead: my first thought was now there land line?

I read on Topix (FWIW), that Hailey and her friends would stand in front of the hotel that scent dogs trailed to, in order to get a wireless signal. In the raw interview with Billie that I posted a link to, she tells the reporters they did not have a computer in their home.

I wonder if they ever had internet at home and if so when it was disconnected.

Can we clarify this? an ITOUCH is a cell phone from TMobile. An Ipod Touch is an Apple IPOD (very robust MP3 player) product with touchscreen that has a lot of functionality including internet access with a WIFI connection.

All that is confirmed from police statements is she had a new mp3 player that was left in her room IMO. I also believe they took another mp3 player pink from her room and a black one from elsewhere in the house. We haven't seen LE confirmation, that I am aware of, that states Itouch or Iphone, only mp3 player.

Appears to me that BD had three teens living with her. Age is just a number. Behind the scenes, her boyfriend appears to act like a seriously disturbed adolescent.

I agree with you!

I am so far behind...I have 4 pages open for Hailey, trying to see what happened today.

Anyway I am going to finish watching The Golden Globes...Maybe I will get to see "Johnny Depp"...He is my dream man!!!

just sayin...

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME!

Good post....

You know .....I go "back and forth" on her "checking" on H that morning...

Part of me feels.....B "suspected something" and peeked in H's room (she said to EASE her mind??? paraphrasing here)to see if she was in there....Did she hear something in the night??...Did S get up in the night and leave the bed??..Did she hear something from H's room in the night??..Did B go to bed first and leave H and S still up???...A thousand questions I have.....about why she had to EASE her mind...like she had a "suspicion" and had to "check it out" to EASE her mind...if H was in her room/bed.....

BUT...on the other hand...she never walked over to the bed and SEE her...she said she THOUGHT H was in the bed....just covers she saw....

But you have a great point...she may be "adding" it in...to appear to be a "good mom".....

I, too, believe it was fabricated and stated it yesterday in a post I made.

You'd be SHOCKED at exactly how savvy many kids that young are! My 13 year old jailbroke his iphone and runs outside apps and programs. I don't even understand the purpose:waitasec:

Yep, the priorities of a teenager are WAY different than us old folks in most cases, lol!

Can we clarify this? an ITOUCH is a cell phone from TMobile. An Ipod Touch is an Apple IPOD (very robust MP3 player) product with touchscreen that has a lot of functionality including internet access with a WIFI connection.

myTOUCH is T-Mobile's cell phone. iTouch is Apple. FWIW.

Yet SA apparently had a laptop taken in by LE, I believe... very confused as to who does have internet and where they all logged on. I guess LE was looking into the library as one place some of the family used.

That was why I was wondering about that xbox. Many of my sons friends have xbox and when they come over and bring their game they hook it up to our internet and play it on-line. They also can surf the internet and talk to other players on-line. You can have internet without having a land line thru wi-fi or cable. The town we live in has free wi-fi thru a foundation that did it so all our kid's could have it for school. They also gave all the seniors free lap tops.

LE must have Hailey on video near the motel, where the dogs hit.

Otherwise, WHY would LE offer to show Clint video from the surrounding area?

On Friday police offered to show Clint Dunn surveillance tapes taken around Western Suites near Interstate 20 in Colorado City. Bloodhounds reportedly hit on Hailey Dunn's scent early in the investigation near the lodging. He has asked for access to all information regarding his daughter but says he has not received much.
"It is hard being in the dark," Clint Dunn said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/15/20-days-without-hailey/

Wondering.............have they searched Sandy Springs, which is 13 minutes just east of Hot Spring on I-20. Might be a good idea if they did.

Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
Honestly looking at him talk on those interviews,if we hadn't seen the youtube videos,you wouldn't know it was the same person.

I have to say to some degree.... it may not be the "same" person. Someone can change a lot in the amount of time that has passed from when those videos were made until now.

Actually, no, an iPod Touch is an iTouch. T-Mobile's phone is called a MyTouch. An iTouch is the same thing as an iPhone without the phone capabilities.

http://mytouch.t-mobile.com/

Grandma stated that Hailey got a new iPod for Christmas and that she took a picture of her with it that day. Do the new nanos take pictures? If not, she had to have an iTouch. (She would definitely need the iTouch to access the web.)

Did anyone else catch the pause when she was asked about ever doing street drugs? It was a pause then a "No."

I get it. Having been exposed to a loved ones addiction. The addiction comes above all else. (a pain pill addiction is hard to detect BTW, becasue you wont see the red eyes of pot, the smell of alcohol, ect). Bills will go unpaid, family needs unmet. The addiction becomes the most important thing. When I heard something about prescription drugs, and the amount of $140 threw up the big red flags for me. People addicted to pain meds lead pretty normal lives if they have jobs. It's just that they will use that money for pills, and then the kids, the bills, and everything else comes in second. When someone addicted to pain meds cannot get them, after a day or so, they will become very agitated, very irritable, wont be able to sleep, their whole body will feel miserable. Thats their incentive to get more. Its very very hard to just stop, and can also be very dangerous. An addiction to hydrocodone for example, is many times treated as a heroin addiction. Yes, its that bad. But again, I want to stress, it is very hard to know if a person is popping this type of pill.

narcotics=pinpoint pupils; amphetamines=large dilated pupils

It was almost as though NG led her into saying she checked on Hailey (as well as answering her own question as to when she last saw her...)

LE must have Hailey on video near the motel, where the dogs hit.

Otherwise, WHY would LE offer to show Clint video from the surrounding area?

To let him see that she was not on them. He was probably wondering about the dogs finding her scent.

That was why I was wondering about that xbox. Many of my sons friends have xbox and when they come over and bring their game they hook it up to our internet and play it on-line. They also can surf the internet and talk to other players on-line. You can have internet without having a land line thru wi-fi or cable. The town we live in has free wi-fi thru a foundation that did it so all our kid's could have it for school. They also gave all the seniors free lap tops.

I think that they took the x-box to see if they could figure out how long Hailey played the x-box that night. Her brother knew what level she was on when he left and I'm pretty sure they could ascertain by the saved game how long she played. I believe the save would have a time-stamp on it, but I could be wrong about that. I'd have to ask my son. They didn't have X-Box Live though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member