TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, 9 a.m.
Investigators are not saying either way whether there was a text message sent from Hailey Dunn on Dec. 27, the day she disappeared.

Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, told a Nancy Grace show producer that investigators informed her Hailey may have sent a text message to a friend at 2 p.m. on the 27th that allegedly said, "what are you doing?"

No information will be released about any text message, Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the Colorado City Police Department said. Any information in that respect will be "held close to the investigation," he said.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332277

Did he say he was fired because he was put on the spot and had not thought of anything yet? How did it come up that he was no longer working?

It almost seems to be too dumb to be possible, that he would say this, how could he not know it would be checked out? We know people make stupid mistakes when they commit even premeditated crimes, thank goodness, but this is just plain idiotic. Did he tell Billie the details about the argument/blow-up or did she feel compelled to add those when she was on the spot, on TV?

This is the main thing that sticks me on "guilty", not the masks or drugs or NY's Eve or even the outside the bedroom door thing. Why did he go to work, and why did he lie to Billie about why he left work?

Just a thought, I know most companies would take that as abandoning your job, and would be considered quitting/termination. He may have left work for some reason, and just assumed becaused he walked off, that he was fired. He may have legitimately thought he was out of a job, because of his antics on that Monday. Just my opinion though.

Tuesday, 9 a.m.
Investigators are not saying either way whether there was a text message sent from Hailey Dunn on Dec. 27, the day she disappeared.

Hailey's mom, Billie Dunn, told a Nancy Grace show producer that investigators informed her Hailey may have sent a text message to a friend at 2 p.m. on the 27th that allegedly said, "what are you doing?"

No information will be released about any text message, Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the Colorado City Police Department said. Any information in that respect will be "held close to the investigation," he said.

Very interesting. Theories on why they aren't releasing? Wonder if they think/know it did not really come from Hailey?

well we know for a fact that a neighbor was on a video that per his statement" he seen Hailey" on phone in the back yard by the shed around 12.

In fact she was always on the phone in backyard on the phone. (per missing neighbor).

It been stated by BD more than once that neighbor is no longer living in the area. I think LE has checked him out and he might be one of the POI. JMO
I also feel when asked about the neighbor that both Clint and BD skating around on the question. Maybe because LE don't want all the info out.

Also Clint also confirm there was Neighbor he just didn't know him.

There a link somewhere in theses threads.

We debated this back a forth a couple of threads back, search and finally found the video. The neighbor did not discuss *that* day, but just stated that she was out there almost everyday. I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

GRACE: To Clint Dunn, well, to both of you, I want to find out about this neighbor that you have said places her alive in the backyard at 12:00 noon the day she goes missing, this is the Monday after Christmas on Saturday.

Police keep telling us, they can`t confirm that anybody saw her alive at noon, which really changes the timeline, Billie and Clint Dunn, because think about it, that puts her seen by someone outside of you and Shawn Adkins, back until 9:00 the night before, when your 16-year-old son saw her playing on Xbox, all right?

After that, nobody saw her. That was it. That ruins the police time line. So help me out, how can we locate this person that claims they saw her at 12:00 noon on the Monday where she goes missing? First to you Clint Dunn?

C. DUNN: He did live next door, I believe he moved out. I don`t know his name or anything.

GRACE: Do you know where he went?

C. DUNN: No, I don`t.

GRACE: Do you know who would know?

C. DUNN: Well, the police would know.

GRACE: How about the people --

C. DUNN: And also --

GRACE: Go ahead, Billie.

B. DUNN: Yeah, the guy who owns it, Travis, he knows where Dennis went
, the guy who saw her. But there`s also another lady, Jean Burris (ph), a neighbor of ours, whose grandchildren grew up with our kids. She says she saw her Monday, she said she told the FBI that twice. She saw her Monday between 10:30 and 12:00. She knows it was Monday because she doesn`t do hair on Sunday. She knows it was that day. She knows Hailey. And I believe Jillian spoke with her also, but police aren`t telling me that.

Kampfer says the focus has shifted to a criminal investigation and assures the community that tools like forensics and the best agencies are on the case.
"We are not giving up. Because there is not a physical presence that you see of law enforcement, that doesn't mean we're not being aggressive," said Kampfer.
Last Friday, law enforcement searched Abilene's landfill. Kampfer said they have chosen not to release any information about their findings.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26519425/detail.html

(((this article was updated this morning...)))

just wanted to bring it back forward because it is not saying they didn't find anything at the landfill search.

if they had found "nothing" that is easy enough to say but to chose to not release anything.. well that is interesting...

Talk about messing with the perp(s) head. :great:

Tuesday, 9 a.m.

But they would release this information to BD?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

We debated this back a forth a couple of threads back, search and finally found the video. The neighbor did not discuss *that* day, but just stated that she was out there almost everyday. I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

This isn't the same neighbor though that BD refers to under various names.

well we know for a fact that a neighbor was on a video that per his statement" he seen Hailey" on phone in the back yard by the shed around 12.

In fact she was always on the phone in backyard on the phone. (per missing neighbor).

sbm

Last week this all got cleared up when the video was found & link posted here of this neighbor..Some of us, myself included, were positive he said he saw Hailey "that day around 12" but we were mistaken..He did NOT say anything at all re: what time it was.

Ok - after a fitful nights sleep I'm up with coffee in hand.

THE NEW 2PM TEXT

How many of us have seen "leaks" from LE in many cases? Funny, we are just now hearing about this 2PM text "What r u doin" - BTW I would really like to see how that text is written - is it written like teens text? Or is it spelled out? I know my DD laughs and laughs because I tend to be grammatically correct - even with texting.

But that's not my only question.

What we are NOT hearing is WHERE THAT PHONE (AND TEXT) PINGED FROM!!!!
And I think that is the crucial point in all this.

At 2PM SA was in Big Spring - or at least his phone was. So where did this newly found 2PM text ping from? I am also very curious about forensics on BD's phone. Was SA's prints found on that phone? I think they can do layered prints. Like the number 5 might have 3 -4 prints layered on it and the last one will be the last person to have touched that phone.

This text just might be a controlled leak from LE to see who's feathers get ruffled and what gets said about it - KWIM?

Here is the neighbor video again for those that missed it:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKg_E8gUo_0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Morning everybody...

I watched Nancy grace last nite...

when nancy g was asking bd about the supposed neighbor?

bd said the owner of the house was travis and that a guy named charles rented the house and had moved..

it was in this transcript ...
Aired January 12, 2011

However, in last nites nancy grace show aired on Aired January 17

bd said travis owned the house, yet this time she says dennis rented the house and moved?so the owner of said house is travis..

yet the person who was supposed to have seen hailey went from charles to dennis?

which is it? charles or dennis?

how the heck, was charles the renter and moved. and now its dennis who is the renter and moved?

but did anyone catch this to? mo

Initially she said that the sighting was by a man she THOUGHT was named Charles (in the next five days she learned she was mistaken, and his name was Dennis). I also do not recall her saying he was a renter, but that he was "staying there". Since he is no longer there, I assumed that he was visiting for the holidays, staying with Travis, and had never rented the home, and was not around long enough for Billie to know him/his name.

Yes but sometime the clip is cut and we don't get heard the whole video J/S

snip

A neighbor told police that he saw Hailey around noon walking around her backyard while talking on the phone.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Hailey Dunn - Person of Interest Named - Midland-Odessa true crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/true-crime-...-of-interest-named?render=print#ixzz1BP0fO05T

Monday, Dec. 27

•Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, says live-in boyfriend Shawn Adkins is fired from his job after some sort of blow-up
•Affidavits show Adkins arrived to work in Snyder at 6 a.m. and left without saying anything at 6:10 a.m.
•Adkins tells authorities he went straight to his mother's home in Big Spring. However, cell phone records show Adkins phone was used at 6:35 a.m. and 6:56 a.m. in Colorado City.
•Nearly a dozen call were made from Adkins' phone in the Big Spring area from 9:38 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
•A neighbor reportedly sees Hailey talking on the phone in her backyard around noon.•Adkins tells authorities comes home at 3 p.m.
•Hailey tells him at 3:15 p.m. that she is going to her dad’s, then to [MB]’s for a sleepover, but neither Clint nor Mary Beth see or hear from her.
•Adkins and Dunn withdraw $140 from an ATM in Snyder Monday evening. Affidavits say the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329087

Tuesday, 9 a.m.

not to quote myself but it is on the same subject as the alleged 2pm dec 27th text:

----------------
Here is what nancy and her reporter have to say about it:

GRACE: To Alexis Weed, our producer on the story, joining us out of New York. Alexis, weigh in. What do you know?

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, we`re getting a little bit more information on what could be the timeline that has to do with Monday December 27th, the day in question. We`re finding out today from Billie Dunn, that perhaps there was a text message, she`s hearing from police, a text message was sent from her phone, that`s the phone that Hailey would use, she used her mother`s phone, sent at 2:00 in the afternoon, to the friend where she was supposedly going according to Shawn Adkins to the friend`s house, however, there was no response to that text. The text said just what are you doing to the friend.

nancy now asks billie why is this 2pm text message significant?? and this is what Billie says:

GRACE: Now Billie Dunn, explain to me the significance of that?

B. DUNN: With Shawn getting the cell phone pings coming back to Colorado City that morning, I want to know who she talked to on the phone, it`s very important to me if she was on that phone and they`re not saying that anybody is an accountable witness it seems that has seen her on Monday. So I want to know who called my cell phone that morning and that afternoon, and who she called, and
those are answers that I know they have, that they still haven`t gotten back with me on.

anyone else a little confused with that response???

seems to me that perhaps SA told her about the text message early on...

just a thought...

(re: saying he was fired)

Just to play Devil's advocate here... if he really had nothing to do with Hailey disappearing, and had no idea she was/would be missing, he could have assumed he'd get away with the lie. I agree it would be stupid to lie if he knew the police would check it out, but if Hailey hadn't disappeared, they would not have checked. It could be argued that he had no reason to think anyone would check, as he didn't do anything to Hailey.

I think he planned to leave the area and had a change of heart.

BBM
What makes you believe that BD is passive?

BD is not always passive. IMO, her demeanor was aggressive and not passive towards Clint's grieving mother on the Nancy G. show. BD was able to interject a comment in a hateful tone to quickly protect her own image.

What I wanted to say was "submissive" to imply she was passive in her dealings with him, specifically. But I feared that would conjure images of a BDSM relationship that may not have existed.

She seems to be someone who just lets life happen to her. Rudderless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum