TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I thought too. Can't get past Shawn saying he was fired. If he really told the police that then I think it is him.

I know what you mean. It is a hurdle foe me to. WHY would he say he got fired? BD even said he had gotten into an argument at work that morning.
'Why did he tell her that?
Didn't he think the cops were going to check out that story?

SA working a normal 8 hour shift should get off work by 3, that's including a one hour lunch break.

Just had an 'ah-ha' moment. JMHO: That's why he stayed away from the house until around 3-ish, I bet. He had no idea when DD would be returning and he didn't want to be caught there during the day b/c he had no plans on telling Billie that he had lost/quit/made his job go 'poof' into thin air by walking out.

So he went to his mom's for an alibi, to get internet, whatever - staying away as long as he could because there was something he had to retrieve or check on back at the house before picking up Billie from work.

If he had been there earlier in the day and DD had seen him, then he would look more suspicious. He had to go back at some point so that he could legitimately say the stuff about the sleepover, putting off any suspicions about Hailey's whereabouts for another day.

The other theory here is that he was hoping to get in/out of there without being seen at all. But DD spotted him, hence the deer-in-the-headlights look. Since he was there, he then had to come up with a story about why he hadn't seen Hailey.

Regardless, I think that's why he waited until after 3:00 to return.

MOO

I'm watching the NG repeat right now & I still believe that's a FEMALE vs the COUSIN popping up behind the couch. :)

ETA!! Is that a FEMALE mask? It has what looks like (long & braided) hair flowing from the side of it.

IDK she fail the first one and she did say she would take one from the F.B.I

even than she might be so nervous she might fail again.

I have taken a lie detector test. It was for a bartending position in a very popular restaurant. A friend who referred me had already told me that I would have to take one. Nervous? Yes! Why? Not sure, I think it was because this man could ask me anything about anything I have to answer it. So, can't imagine what it would be like to take one as a possible suspect in a crime.

He asked me (not exact wording as it was some time ago) if I had ever stolen. I said no. Pass. Then he asked me if I had ever had knowledge of a theft. I said no. He stopped the test and questioned me further as machine indicated that I was being untruthful. Here is how either precise these tests are, or my guilty conscience was. I explained to him that I was thinking of a time that a person I worked with, and was also friends had had money stolen from her. Someone else told her who had taken it several months later. She couldn't prove it so she took makeup out of her purse...nothing huge. But, that came to my mind when he asked if "if I had knowledge of theft". After I explained it to him he asked me the same question excluding that incident, and I passed.

Using that as a frame of reference I do question why BD couldn't pass lie detector tests if questions were rephrased and only included herself. The tester can ask same question in many different ways.

She's lying; she was in one of the videos - smack center with SA and his friends, big smile on her face, drinking. I couldn't stomach to watch the whole thing.

I believe that scene from the video was just a photo as there is no movement by any of the people. There were other photos of groups of people in the video too. Any photo can be scanned to be used in a video so someones presence in a shot does not necessarily mean they participated in the making of the video or were even present at the time.

In my opinion its a photo taken at a different time and place

There is a Dollar General on Hickory and a Family Dollar on 2nd Street...not sure which is closest to the home...I am guessing Hickory by the name of the street, as theirs is Chestnut or something close, isn't it?

I know what you mean. It is a hurdle foe me to. WHY would he say he got fired? BD even said he had gotten into an argument at work that morning.
'Why did he tell her that?
Didn't he think the cops were going to check out that story?

I can't get past this either, clearly his behaviour indicates he panicked about something

When we first heard about the descr. of what Hailey was wearing it was from BD ! She was the one on air telling that, so if H was supposedly in bed when BD left for work, how would she of known what clothes H would of put on !
I am assuming SA told her what H had on, but she stated it as if she knew for sure that is what she was wearing, blue sweats, a t-shirt and probably flip flops ! Just mulling that over trying to go to sleep !! IMO And one more thing would a BF know a random what clothes a teenage girl would own?

Did he say he was fired because he was put on the spot and had not thought of anything yet? How did it come up that he was no longer working?

It almost seems to be too dumb to be possible, that he would say this, how could he not know it would be checked out? We know people make stupid mistakes when they commit even premeditated crimes, thank goodness, but this is just plain idiotic. Did he tell Billie the details about the argument/blow-up or did she feel compelled to add those when she was on the spot, on TV?

This is the main thing that sticks me on "guilty", not the masks or drugs or NY's Eve or even the outside the bedroom door thing. Why did he go to work, and why did he lie to Billie about why he left work?

Oh those pesky inconsistencies:

I knew that I had heard BD say in the beginning that she left work and went straight to the police station. Now, that has changed and she came home first, checked a few places and THEN went to the police station.

Here - this is from NG transcript on 1/3 (very first time BD was on)

GRACE: Tell me what happened the day she went missing, Miss Dunn.

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going MB`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at MB`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

And now from tonight's show:

GRACE: And when you learned she had never come home, what did you do?

B. DUNN: I left work, stopped by the house first, to make sure she hadn`t got there, went by a couple of her friends` houses and went to the police station.

Now you would think that on 1/3 BD's memory of what she did would have been clearer on the details. But no, 14 days later we get stopped by the house, went to friends' etc.

I just don't know what to make of this woman.

IIRC.....Last week Billie told Nancy Grace that she got a "RIDE HOME FROM WORK WITH A CO-WORKER"

Tonight she says that she got a "ride home with her Sister-in-Law."

What's up with that???

Just maybe these are the inconsistances the the LE's are talking about.

DEAR GOD...PLEASE BRING HAILEY HOME!!

Does she work with her sister-in-law? Maybe the co-worker is the same person as the sister-in-law? I don't know...it just shouldn't be this hard to move on from the little stuff.

When we first heard about the descr. of what Hailey was wearing it was from BD ! She was the one on air telling that, so if H was supposedly in bed when BD left for work, how would she of known what clothes H would of put on !
I am assuming SA told her what H had on, but she stated it as if she knew for sure that is what she was wearing, blue sweats, a t-shirt and probably flip flops ! Just mulling that over trying to go to sleep !! IMO

Could she have known because she knew what was missing?

Did he say he was fired because he was put on the spot and had not thought of anything yet? How did it come up that he was no longer working?

It almost seems to be too dumb to be possible, that he would say this, how could he not know it would be checked out? We know people make stupid mistakes when they commit even premeditated crimes, thank goodness, but this is just plain idiotic. Did he tell Billie the details about the argument/blow-up or did she feel compelled to add those when she was on the spot, on TV?

This is the main thing that sticks me on "guilty", not the masks or drugs or NY's Eve or even the outside the bedroom door thing. Why did he go to work, and why did he lie to Billie about why he left work?

True, and with all of his really dumb actions it makes me so surprised Hailey has not been found!

I am guessing Since Nancy or her staff spoke to this hair fixing grandma, that there was nothing for her to say about the conversation she had with the lady to put on air and add to her storyline. Interesting Nancy herself would not talk about what the lady said.

Also there was a mention about a young girl seen getting in a red car.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/17/ng.01.html

B. DUNN: Yeah, the guy who owns it, Travis, he knows where Dennis went, the guy who saw her. But there`s also another lady, Jean Burris (ph), a neighbor of ours, whose grandchildren grew up with our kids. She says she saw her Monday, she said she told the FBI that twice. She saw her Monday between 10:30 and 12:00. She knows it was Monday because she doesn`t do hair on Sunday. She knows it was that day. She knows Hailey. And I believe Jillian spoke with her also, but police aren`t telling me that.

GRACE: We did talk to her, this is the hairstylist. Did she see her out the window or did her children see Hailey or both?

B. DUNN: She saw Hailey out the window.

GRACE: Right. Now she places her between 10:30 and 12:00, where was Hailey?

B. DUNN: Just cutting across her yard.

Could she have known because she knew what was missing?
well if my memory is correct LOL she was not for sure if anything was missing ! I will look for that statement in the NG scripts: Because he or she said at first it was her pink tennis shoes and then the shoes were found in her room, IMO I would have thought when she was looking to see what maybe she had worn she would have noted the tennis shoes there at that time. JW

I can't get past this either, clearly his behaviour indicates he panicked about something

I agree so why doesn't he clear himself? Wouldn't it be easier to tell the truth about having an affair, buying/dealing drugs or whatever than to live daily under the suspicion of being a child kidnapper/killer/rapist, etc? IF he is innocent, I can't imagine that whatever he did that day was worse than harming Hailey. So spill it already.

You'd have to be pretty selfish to let your family and Hailey's family live with those thoughts/accusations and have LE waste valuable time looking at you. Grow up Son. IMO

True, and with all of his really dumb actions it makes me so surprised Hailey has not been found!
IMO I agree ! If it was a hurried up deal, more mistakes would have been made, but if it was a premeditated fantasy that he had been playing out in his mind for no telling how long !! Could he have thought it through from beginning to end, and HD just happened to be the opportunity he was waiting for !

JMHO and all dat der stuff - I think SA leaving work is where is all went wrong. I think he deviated from the plan. I think they were both supposed to go to work and work all day. For whatever reason (and I have my thoughts on that as well) he got there and just couldn't do it and walked out. Remember he didn't tell her for a couple of days that he wasn't at work. And ever since its been CYA and deflect deflect deflect. That card fell and its bringing the whole house down with it.

Never mind that story has changed,also,CD said DD told him,but she's saying she called CD.I almost have to wait for a LE timeline,it's too confusing with the changes.

well if my memory is correct LOL she was not for sure if anything was missing ! I will look for that statement in the NG scripts: Because he or she said at first it was her pink tennis shoes and then the shoes were found in her room, IMO I would have thought when she was looking to see what maybe she had worn she would have noted the tennis shoes there at that time. JW

True! I'd forgotten about that :)

JMHO and all dat der stuff - I think SA leaving work is where is all went wrong. I think he deviated from the plan. I think they were both supposed to go to work and work all day. For whatever reason (and I have my thoughts on that as well) he got there and just couldn't do it and walked out. Remember he didn't tell her for a couple of days that he wasn't at work. And ever since its been CYA and deflect deflect deflect. That card fell and its bringing the whole house down with it.

Yes and it wasn't till NG asked her 1/4 about his work that she said,oh yeah,he was fired or something.Up until 1/3 she had told NG he came home from work,but NG found out obviously and then later she said she found out SA wasn't at work on 12/29,so she knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx