TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COLORADO CITY, Texas -- The search for missing Colorado City eighth-grader Hailey Dunn made the national media on Tuesday night. Nancy Grace spoke to experts about missing children’s cases and grilled Hailey’s mother, Billie, and her father, Clint Dunn.

Billie Dunn told Grace that bloodhounds were used over the weekend and that the dogs may have tracked Hailey’s scent to a local motel. Authorities then searched the rooms at the motel and the motel security camera footage, but no other evidence was obtained.

Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer told KTXS that the Grace segment was “sensationalized” and that there were several inaccuracies aired on the show.

Hmmmm there was?????

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26377186/detail.html

BBM = :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't know for sure, but took the article to mean they were following up on leads they received that led them to Snyder. I don't recall anything being mentioned about it again...so, who knows?

Ok..WHERE is Snyder - it's about a 20-25 minute drive.

Isn't Snyder where BF worked/lives? Or his mom does?

I don't know for sure, but took the article to mean they were following up on leads they received that led them to Snyder. I don't recall anything being mentioned about it again...so, who knows?

Ok..WHERE is Snyder - it's about a 20-25 minute drive.

The mom works in Snyder, and she says that SA picked her up from work Monday evening around 7:00pm.

I think NG was latching onto the word "motel" and wanted to shake it for all the sensational value she could get out it, but didn't really get a chance. I think if the motel is indeed a place of wifi, that is important, but again, does anyone know if Hailey had her device with her?

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/searchers-check-wooded-areas-town

Searchers from Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units were out on horseback and foot today looking for possible clues to the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

>>>>also says in this article that a new task force hq has been set up at the mitchell county courthouse.... more at link>>>>>

According to the article, they are searching the western edge of town in a wooded area along the river near the prison, working their way towards town, if I'm reading it correctly. If so, then this is the general area (locals, please correct me if this is not the right area) (ETA: my software only lets me choose circles or squares, so I can't outline a more accurately defined area):

attachment.php

Attachments

• search map.jpg
    search map.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 548
I think NG was latching onto the word "motel" and wanted to shake it for all the sensational value she could get out it, but didn't really get a chance. I think if the motel is indeed a place of wifi, that is important, but again, does anyone know if Hailey had her device with her?

That would be a good question for someone to call into NG and ask. Think you could get on again, Willen?!!

I think "reschedule" and "retest" have gotten confused.... Was SA scheduled to have a poly, found to be on prescribed meds, and the test rescheduled? Or was there a test done and had to be redone as meds caused inaccurate results?

What surprises me is how fast SA was able to reschedule the poly. The reason he didn't take the poly sooner was because of the prescribed drugs he was on. I thought it would take more than 1 day to rid his system of the medication he was on.

Since it appears that Hailey just pops in at her father's place and apparently hangouts out and has sleepovers at MB's home, SA utilizing Hailey's normal comings and goings would certainly not bring out any "red flags" for the mother. IMO

Wow, I hadn't ever looked at this case like you just did. A slew of questions just came to mind. If she did have her Itouch/Ipad with her, pretty sure those have serial numbers on them, even their own IP address.

The question on if she has it proves to be a super valid question and I too want to know... does she have the device with her?

I'm still wondering who was associated with the ground floor motel room that the dogs hit on. Not sure that it's really relevant though.

What surprises me is how fast SA was able to reschedule the poly. The reason he didn't take the poly sooner was because of the prescribed drugs he was on. I thought it would take more than 1 day to rid his system of the medication he was on.

Depends on the half life of the drug and the drug

New thread coming up. May want to hold off posting for a bit so you don't lose your post.

Also, everyone will be expected to read and thank the first post of the new thread.

Thanks!

Salem

According to the article, they are searching the western edge of town in a wooded area along the river near the prison, working their way towards town, if I'm reading it correctly. If so, then this is the general area (locals, please correct me if this is not the right area) (ETA: my software only lets me choose circles or squares, so I can't outline a more accurately defined area):

Do you think his cell phone pinged in that area???

The mother mentioned she did NOT have the tennis shoes on. She had flip-flops on. I wonder if she may have automatically assumed that she would be wearing the tennis. And may have been surprised that they were there at home.

I think I need to go back and find where she mentioned this. I was hoping someone else would know.

Also, it was mentioned he would retest. I take that to mean he has already tested prior.

Sorry, for the confusion.

StrayKat---is this the article you were looking for?

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/efforts-continue-find-hailey-dunn

snipped>>

“She didn’t take any shoes or boots,” Dunn said. Originally, she thought Hailey was wearing tennis shoes but discovered them in her daughter’s room. “It was cold and she was wearing flip flops. It’s what scares me the most.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx