TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by maza
Snipped:
"Adkins had said Hailey was heading to her father's house and then to her friend Mary Beth's house. Police say neither the father nor MB said they were expecting a visit from Hailey."

I'm confused. Did Hailey tell her mom she was spending the night at MB's? or, did the bf tell the mom that Hailey told him she was going to spend the night at MB's?

They do ask you first, if you are on any medications, I've taken a polygraph before.

I know sometimes they even ask the subject to submit for urine/blood tests just to make sure.

The fact that neither her dad nor MB were expecting visits isn't really shocking to me. What stands out, though, is that she supposedly said she was spending the night with MB. It's one thing to pop in for a visit....it's another to stop by unexpectedly and then stay the night. I'm sure that could happen, but for her to *plan* for that to happen seems strange. I would be more inclined to see a situation where she popped into see MB and *then* decided to spend the night (which would mean she couldn't have told him that she was spending the night since she wouldn't have known yet).

Did any of that make sense? It makes sense in my head.... But, I'm on a diet and I think my blood sugar is low so my brain isn't moving at normal speed. LOL!

It was mentioned on the Find HD FB page that dogs and the TX Rangers are out searching today.

I wonder if phone pings are leading to search the wooded area?

Hey locals, I didn't think Colorado City had 6 motels. I know there are three right now at the Hickory/I20 junction and maybe still one on 2nd street. Anyone know where the others are located?

Whitepages lists 5 - which doesn't include the "new" Western Inn or Western Suites that BD referenced on NG.

Not sure how current that is...but HTH

http://www.whitepages.com/business?key=motel&where=Colorado+City,+TX
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Searching in woods is never a good sign...even if it has to be done (and probably should have been done much sooner.) It just seems odd that they do it right after a polygraph.

Hey locals, I didn't think Colorado City had 6 motels. I know there are three right now at the Hickory/I20 junction and maybe still one on 2nd street. Anyone know where the others are located?
That's all I know of also

can someone explain who the texas rangers are?

Top-flight specially trained and experienced "best of" law enforcement in Texas...only a certain number at any given time and have excellent record in solving crimes...anyone else?

The Texas Ranger Division, commonly called the Texas Rangers, is a law enforcement agency with statewide jurisdiction in Texas, and is based in Austin, Texas. Over the years, the Texas Rangers have investigated crimes ranging from murder to political corruption, acted as riot police and as detectives, protected the Governor of Texas, tracked down fugitives, and functioned as a paramilitary force at the service of both the Republic (1836–45) and the state of Texas.
The Texas Rangers were unofficially created by Stephen F. Austin in a call-to-arms written in 1823 and were formally constituted in 1835.
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Ranger_Division[/ame]

Where is Snyder? Why would they go there? TIA

I don't know for sure, but took the article to mean they were following up on leads they received that led them to Snyder. I don't recall anything being mentioned about it again...so, who knows?

Ok..WHERE is Snyder - it's about a 20-25 minute drive.

The fact that neither her dad nor MB were expecting visits isn't really shocking to me. What stands out, though, is that she supposedly said she was spending the night with MB. It's one thing to pop in for a visit....it's another to stop by unexpectedly and then stay the night. I'm sure that could happen, but for her to *plan* for that to happen seems strange. I would be more inclined to see a situation where she popped into see MB and *then* decided to spend the night (which would mean she couldn't have told him that she was spending the night since she wouldn't have known yet).

Did any of that make sense? It makes sense in my head.... But, I'm on a diet and I think my blood sugar is low so my brain isn't moving at normal speed. LOL!

How did the mother know she was spending the night at MB's? Did Hailey tell her? Where did this "I'm spending the night at MB's"come from?

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibility for the following: major incident crime investigations, unsolved crime/serial crime investigations, public corruption investigations, officer involved shooting investigations, and border security operations. The Texas Ranger Division is comprised of 144 commissioned Rangers, 24 non-commissioned administrative support personnel, 1 budget analyst and 1 forensic artist, totaling 170 full time employees.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasRangers/

How did the mother know she was spending the night at MB's? Did Hailey tell her? Where did this "I'm spending the night at MB's"come from?

from mom's boyfriend, the last one to see her

Searching in woods is never a good sign...even if it has to be done (and probably should have been done much sooner.) It just seems odd that they do it right after a polygraph.

I'm just thinking they are trying to cover as much as possible today and calling in all resources.

I am trying my best to get caught up on all of the threads and apologize if any of this has been covered. But in reading through what I have a couple of questions have popped into my head.

Firstly, I really wonder about what kind of relationship HD had with SA. Was it a close, loving or at least friendly connection? Or was SA just someone she tolerated because he was her mother's boyfriend? The reason I ask this, is if what SA says is true and as soon as he got there, HD was out to the door to her dad's or a friend's house(supposedly 15 minutes). Was this maybe to avoid being around someone she was a little uncomfortable with...especially being alone with someone she didn't like/trust?

Secondly, I have never in my days of being a teenage girl once myself and having a daughter HD's age, as well as coaching middle school cheerleaders, ever heard of another girl dropping by to spend the night without prior notice. I know the dynamics of sleepovers might have changed since my experience with them, but these girls chatter all the time. HD had access to a cell phone all day long. I would think that MB would have talked to HD sometime prior to HD coming over. There would have been an invitation or some sort of conversation of her coming over. I do not believe for a minute a girl that age would just show up on someone's doorstep with the intention of staying all night without previously talking about it. That tidbit there makes me begin to suspect the boyfriend as just something he came up with off the cuff maybe. If HD was uncomfortable around him or just didn't want to hang with him that day, she could go hang out at dad's house or MB's house until her mother came home. Why the sleepover with no prior plans? Doesn't make sense to me. The fact that MB did not know HD was expected there deeply troubles me.

Also, I wonder how often the boyfriend hung out at the house when the mom wasn't there? Was this a normal thing for him? I think I read someplace that he stayed the night there while HD was supposedly at MB's. Is that also normal for him? Since he walked out/was fired from his job the previous day, what were his actions on Tuesday? Was he there at the house the next day with the older brother after BO went to work? Where did he go? He must have been somewhere close because I've seen where he picked BO up from work before they searched for and then reported HD missing that day. Did he drive his own vehicle to come get her, or was he driving her car? If BO worked miles away and he picked her up early that day, how did she get to work in the first place? Just wondered how the dynamics of the car situation worked and whose car the boyfriend was driving the day they reported her missing. I wonder if they've searched the boyfriend's car for hair or fiber evidence of HD being in the car.

So many questions...

And lastly...just a comment. As I said before I have a daughter HD's age. I coach cheerleaders in this age group and this case has just hit a place in me and made me worry every day about this beautiful young girl. It is just incomprehensible how things like this keep happening to our children. Come home HD!

ok, just found this at the ktxs website, article today updated at 2:59, CST says:

Hailey was last seen on Dec. 27 when she reportedly told Adkins that she was spending the night with a friend.

However, she never made it to the friend’s house, and the friend has since told KTXS News that she didn’t know Hailey was coming – that they hadn’t made plans for her to spend the night.

(my bold)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member