TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DUNN: Four to five blocks. It wasn`t rare for Hailey to walk a short distance during daylight. She wasn`t allowed out after dark especially to walk, but she only had four to five blocks to go.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

Also, there was a question about when the Texas Rangers came in. This show was on Jan 3.

DUNN: We have, and since the Texas rangers came in today, they`re starting re-questioning. They`re starting from the top.

jumping off your post...

AND in the 911 calls BD said SA had been texting these threats. BD probably showed the officer the texts from her phone. I believe that is why they took SA "downtown" and eventually he admitted to threatening BD and Hailey. I also believe that this is all in the written report the officers prepared along with SA's signed statement. The proof has to be there - we just aren't privvy to seeing it. But that's JMHO

Also, we're only hearing about what happened in Colorado City, there was another jurisdiction involved, too, so there must be other records there, too. They were fighting in two areas that day.

I think Billie might be stepping up since MK is coming to town? She seems like the kind of girl who works very hard to please those who are kind or encouraging to her. If Billie were my child, I would use positive discipline with her.

I know I'd cause a fuss with a knife or gun at my back, because I read here too much..and KNOW my chances were better to cause a scene then get in that car!!
However she was a 13 yr old girl, who could have been in shock, or just scared, or maybe he threatened her mother if she didn't comply......

Responding to amysmom's post on other page

NG said that SA threaten to kill BD and Hailey. But BD never said that on her 911 calls. BD said SA was threatening her and her ex husband. There was no threats to Hailey. (But BD later learned SA wrote that in his affidavit).

When NG asked BD about it, BD said she never wrote that in her affidavit and she learned that SA said that he threaten BD and Hailey.

HTH

Its confusing like this whole case....

I think Billie might be stepping up since MK is coming to town? She seems like the kind of girl who works very hard to please those who are kind or encouraging to her. If Billie were my child, I would use positive discipline with her.

I meant this post in the context of BD going to the landfill today and being involved in the on-the-ground searching (something she was criticized on this board for not doing in comparison to CD).

Maybe LE just drove to the landfills with Billie to show her what the searchers were going through, and that if she knew anything or could think of any place SA might have used as a place to put Hailey, it's time to talk?

The mother of the missing 13-year-old Colorado City girl spoke to us about the search for her daughter. Billie Dunn spent part of yesterday with investigators in the search for evidence in her daughter -- Hailey Dunn's -- case. It's been more than three weeks since the girl was reported missing December 28th. Dunn went to some landfills and other areas around Colorado City yesterday with police -- but says she's still hoping to find her daughter alive."

http://conchovalleyhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=104146

1. They want to see her reaction to something.

2. She knows she is being talked bad about in the public for not searching but since people are riding by her house shouting threatening things she and LE felt it would be best if she went with them for her safety. They have cleared the area they were searching with cadaver dogs so no threat of finding a body.

3. They needed her to identify some things.

That is all I can come up with. What have you got?

Maybe LE just drove to the landfills with Billie to show her what the searchers were going through, and that if she knew anything or could think of any place SA might have used as a place to put Hailey, it's time to talk?

And they are back to that landfill today searching with cavadar dogs? Is this the same landfill the dogs hit at last week?

Did we ever find out where the 2PM text on Monday was pinged from?

Friday Jan. 21 - Food/ Volunteer thread for Hailey Dunn Search

We have been asked to order food for Friday's search from one of the local merchants.
Bigs Pizza and Grill has agreed to charge only 7 dollars for a large Pizza. Not sure how many toppings. Phone 325-728-3300. Maria is the manager. I have spoken to her and she said we can start ordering tomorrow (Thursday) for Friday delivery.
[_[/COLOR][/B]

Can someone send me a message in my inbox and let me know if they still need donations. I have been following this case but have not posted. If I step away, 3-4 news pages tend to pop up so I'm worried I would miss a reply to my question, which I why I asked for someone to message me.
Thank you and God bless those who will be out looking on Friday!

I am not sure what having a college education has to do with being qualified with being LE. What about our servicemen and women? Many of the people who put their lives on the line to protect our Country have no college education. Many are just out of high school. My husband was one of them. I believe that LE is doing a great job. There have been cases in large cities where LE have done some things that are questionable. An education does not equal a good cop. It takes heart, devotion, and common sense. All of which can not be learned.

Did we ever find out where the 2PM text on Monday was pinged from?

It seems as though this is one thing LE has managed to hold back...although the expert on NG yesterday kept referring to Hailey having sent it...I doubt he is clued in though.

NG said that SA threaten to kill BD and Hailey. But BD never said that on her 911 calls. BD said SA was threatening her and her ex husband. There was no threats to Hailey. (But BD later learned SA wrote that in his affidavit).

When NG asked BD about it, BD said she never wrote that in her affidavit and she learned that SA said that he threaten BD and Hailey.

HTH

Its confusing like this whole case....

We would need to see the officer's notes from after interviewing the parties involved. Often the initial call/story is different from what the story is when interviewing the parties face-to-face. I've seen it a million times.

And I find it hard to believe that break up was about a debit card. She's sticking by him now when he's the main suspect in her daughter's disappearance but she broke up with him over some missing money from her bank account? :waitasec:

That break up was regarding CD, BD, HD and SA IMO. HD didn't want to live at home because of SA, CD was threatening to take her away from BD so she broke up with SA to appease CD and keep HD living in her home. That is why SA was angry enough at CD, BD and possibly HD to threaten their lives. He was blaming them all for ruining his with this breakup.

Why would he threaten CD and HD if they broke up because he stole money from BD? He would only threaten her IMO. What did CD have to do with it?

Edited to Add...I think the same type of scenario was playing out in December and SA knew what was coming again so he took matters into his own hands to eliminate the problem.

MOO

BBM and jumping off your post:

I can’t help but think that the “fiancé” status has something to do with a motive here.

Did SA propose marriage to BD for xmas? And was rebuffed on Sun Dec 26? A fuming, crazed SA shows up for work on Mon Dec 27 and just can’t think of anything else and leaves because if he doesn’t have BD then the job is meaningless. And now we have BD’s missing child who, possibly in SA’s mind, may have been THE sore, ongoing source of problems in the BD/SA relationship?

A bit dramatic but could there be shades of truth in it ???

1. They want to see her reaction to something.

2. She knows she is being talked bad about in the public for not searching but since people are riding by her house shouting threatening things she and LE felt it would be best if she went with them for her safety. They have cleared the area they were searching with cadaver dogs so no threat of finding a body.

3. They needed her to identify some things.

That is all I can come up with. What have you got?

I'm taking door #3. They either needed her to identify evidence, OR identify the househould trash, so they would know if they wree in the right area of the landfill.

I'm sorry winterrose- I didn't mean to offend anyone with that. I said "wannabe LE" to refer to officers-in-training (I'll admit I liked the rhyme:). I agree that a college education does not determine the amount of risk you will take in protecting people... I was just pointing out that not all LE have a higher education. A higher education is in NO WAY correlated with whether or not someone is a wonderful human being. JMO.

I understand,I'm just LE protective. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member