TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't quote what i need to from the last thread, but it was about evictions in TX.. well here is the public housing list for HUD and section 8 of evictable offenses
With section 8 the person is given a voucher and it's up to them to find a landlord to take it, with HUD it works a bit differently and the home instead of the person is is Ok'd. We don't know which program N. was utilizing though

http://www.peoples-law.org/node/455
It's a good read. Public housing is different than just a regular rental that isn't section 8 or HUD.

Thank you peeples; very helpful.

We don't know if Clint was evicted and forced to move. When I Google searched for the source of that information earlier today, it lead me back here to WS. I believe it was Billie's friend who said that he was forced to move out immediately because the house was under his gf's name and it was a violation of section 8 housing for him to live there. I think, by law, they would have been given notice and not immediately forced out, especially under the circumstances. He may well have decided to remove his family from that location more quickly than required (if required) for their safety and privacy. (If anyone else is able to find anything in MSM confirming he was immediately evicted due to section 8 violations, please link - I came up empty).

Is there a link anyone knows of that shows the actual affadavit of the February 14th 2010 acutal police report and the contents. I am interested to see if the wording on the document was a written statment by BD or interpution of LE who wrote report.

I have a report from a past expierence with my x harasing me in public place with many witnesses.. i stated over and over to LE officer that responded that there was a threat made to take my children and he had no contact with them for 2 years.. however the report said "on going custody dispute in past months and current". I never ever said that. I am interested in seeing that report aka an affidavit.

any help or direction to view that specific report would be helpful.

Interesting article on CNN that I hadn't read before:

Investigation narrows in case of missing Texas cheerleader

Includes video

The article states Marc Klaas: He indicated someone not identified in the case might have come into the town and abducted the girl.

I haven't heard that before, and I haven't missed a show.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/19/texas.missing.cheerleader/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Mel

I believe he meant that an outsider, someone they don't know may have come into town and abducted her. That is how I am taking what was said.

Well gn everyone. Praying that tomorrow brings answers needed to bring Hailey home.

Hey guys...prayer vigil was tonite..I posted some pics on my FB page and about to put them on the Help Find Hailey page too.....Billie and her mom were there, along with Clint and his crew..was a beautiful service.

Would you mind giving us a recap of what you saw? Did BD and CD interact while they were there? Did they sit together, etc.?

Is there a link anyone knows of that shows the actual affadavit of the February 14th 2010 acutal police report and the contents. I am interested to see if the wording on the document was a written statment by BD or interpution of LE who wrote report.

I have a report from a past expierence with my x harasing me in public place with many witnesses.. i stated over and over to LE officer that responded that there was a threat made to take my children and he had no contact with them for 2 years.. however the report said "on going custody dispute in past months and current". I never ever said that. I am interested in seeing that report aka an affidavit.

any help or direction to view that specific report would be helpful.

I believe only the calls have been released, not the written incident report.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one went anyway, and/or they will report that an attendee reported the following details.

When my MIL in was murdered we said no press at the services and someone came to the church services with a tape recorder in their pocket. The eulogy and description of who and who wasn't in attendance, which family members were grouped together, etc... was in the paper before we were even home from the burial. It was one of the sleazier papers but they should not be expecting any real privacy based on that request.

All Programs still have to obey state and federal laws on evictions.

HUD they would actualy have to go into a forclosure as hud is a program that helps people by their homes.

This is the last post i'm going to make on the subject I've not only lived in low income RENTAL HUD housing as a college student with children but I've been on our local housing and code enforcement board.
HUD does have a home buyers program, but most of the program is comprised of low income housing. HUD is a federal government program rules are the same across the board.

So not sure where your info about it only being a home buyer program and foreclosure and all that info came from.....

Wow I didnt realize that BD walked out of NG on wed...guess there is so much hard to keep up with..
BBM SNIP:
After learning the reports were inaccurate, Dunn says she's though twice about participating in the show. At one point during Wednesday's broadcast, she even walked out."I wish they could get back to the way the show was at first," said Dunn. "We were all looking for Hailey and all wanted information on Hailey."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333966

Hm,she walked out of her own house? :) I wonder at what point she walked out,have to go back and look at it.

Hey everyone. I haven't been able to keep up with Hailey's case as much recently since my winter break ended and school started again. Anyway, from what I'm reading, Marc Klaas is still very supportive of BD on NG. He can his opinion but if it turns out that she was involved in Hailey's disappearance, that could really hurt his future credibility.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but didn't the relationship between BD and SA start in 2008 -- around the same time her nursing license was revoked. I just wonder what was going on during that time that she would let something so important (her career) takes a nosedive.

Link to license revoke hearing:

http://204.65.111.68/THP/ajg2qf2j4da1v4mrxqcc0e55/613255.PDF

This happened in 11/08, and approx 2 years later HD disappears. This is also around the time gma tries to get HD out of the home (when HD was 11 years old).

I'm only speculating - no facts. But I have to wonder what happened between the time that BD met SA, loses her nursing license, and Hailey's disappearance.

Could she, would she - run away?

It's crossed my mind a couple of times. I sure wish I knew what was going on in the home during the time frame of Hailey at 11 and now at 13.

My opinion only.

Mel

Shawn Adkins, the former boyfriend of Hailey's mother, and the only named suspect in the case, continues to be under surveillance by authorities.

Kampfer said Adkins' whereabouts are monitored constantly by law enforcement but would not elaborate on the surveillance methods. Adkins recently was staying with his grandmother, in the community of Dunn. However, investigators believe he now may be staying in Big Spring with his mother. Kampfer emphasized that Adkins is not under arrest.

"He could bolt, but if he does, that would just be evidence against him,"
Kampfer said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/21/vigils-searches-continue-but-no-progress-about/

Does anyone know what areas they are searching now?

On Friday, volunteers searched on private land on State Highway 208 south of the community of Dunn and along Deep Creek, west of the highway.

"It went fairly well," Davis said. "We are trying to locate and communicate with landowners around the (Highway) 208 corridor between here and Dunn just to get permission to check their land so that we can go ahead and clear those areas. So, if anyone owns land out there and would like to give us permission to search on it, we'd love to hear from them."

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/21/vigils-searches-continue-but-no-progress-about/

Yup, Section 8 housing is a HUD sponsored program. At one point I was the recipient of Section 8 housing and later in life I became a landlord and rented to those under Section 8.

The rent voucher amount is determined by the number of people living in the home and the income of all those living in the home, it is renewed every year. If at any time, additional members are living in the home, it must be reported and the rent voucher readjusted.

The landlord must also follow rules which include a yearly inspection of the dwelling. All repairs that are deemed necessary during that inspection must be completed within 30 days followed by a new inspection. Failure to comply results in the dwelling being disqualified from Section 8 and the family must move.

Section 8 housing dwelling qualifications has higher standards than regular rental units...some landlords simply prefer not to accept Section 8 because the nit picking on repairs gets costly. For instance, one of the repairs that I had to make was add a railing to the front steps (which was only two steps, but still had to have a railing to qualify for section 8).

If a rental unit loses it's qualifications for Section 8, the family can still live their but they will not get any assistance with rent and it's usually more than they can afford. (I rented out a 3 bedroom newer mobile home for $550 per month, Section 8 usually paid all but about $85 of that which the tenant had to pay).

There could be several reasons why they lost their Section 8 housing benefits. It could be because of something they did or it could be something on the landlord's end. Like I said, qualifying a unit for section 8 can be a real pain in the rear and can be quite costly. They may not have lost their benefits but the house itself may have become disqualified....therefore they may have had to move to another dwelling that qualified. Who knows really.

I don't know if anyone answered the question or did I read it wrong earlier?Is the couch not in the house that Hailey slept on?

I have some interesting quotes I want to share with you all. I’ll provide the link at the end along with an explanation. So here goes-

First set)
“'It's like a nightmare, 'It's like time has stood still. I've had a hard time remembering dates and time. Everything's topsy-turvy.'

“'I don't understand it,' 'It's very unlike her to lie.”

Meanwhile, ********* and her ************, who works for ***********, wait by the phone. They have reluctantly opened their private lives to massive media attention.

'Anything to find ***,' ************* said.

“And she will return one day, her mother said quietly”

“I'll be optimistic until the day, she comes home ... or until the day, it's proven to me that she won't be coming home.”

********* said this week that she and her ********, have not given up hope that their daughter will be found alive. After a quiet Thanksgiving with relatives..”

"We were both shy people, but she took the lead," said ****.

She gave countless interviews, traveled to New York City to appear on TV and racked her brain for any scrap of information that might help the FBI agents and police officers camped out in her house. She slept on the floor by the phone in case *** called.

**** said it is impossible to describe their emotions at the time: "It's like describing a color over the phone that no one has ever seen before."

Second set)

“SLAIN GIRL NOT A RUNAWAY, MOTHER SAYS”

"******* was not a runaway," "The situation has nothing to do with her running away."

"Mother was informed that ******* left the ******** about 3 p.m. on 3-15-91 and missed the night check-in."

"That's a lie," ******* said. She did not elaborate. She did not deny she signed the police report.
http://www.findmissingkids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1366

http://www.findmissingkids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=797

Both of these cases involved a missing girl. The first disappeared and was found dead several months later and the second was reported missing and was found the next day. Neither case did it appear if suspicion was ever placed on the mother. However, there are some similarities between statements.

The first case is rather disturbing since it appeared the girl was directly targeted and was intentionally lured away with a lie. She was told her mother had just received a promotion and the man who abducted her said he would help her find a gift to surprise her mother.

This got me thinking about a case not too long ago where a girl was at a friends house and the mother told her she needed to come home immediately and never arrived. The killer ended up being an older sibling of the friend she was visiting ( I think). My point, the people we are allowed to sleuth I don’t know that I quite understand- but I have so many questions. Ok SA has done a wonderful job of getting the spotlight of suspicion shining brightly on him- but meanwhile does that mean we sit and fill our time with not necessarily the most constructive activities? I would rather not.

I was reading the statistics about abducted children and the likelihood of the abductor which would put our HD in the unusual category

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/01/statistics/

Not impossible, just not in the most likely category.

What other categories are there? Glad you asked!

In 58% of the cases, the initial contact site between victim and abductor was within a quarter mile of the victim’s home. In 33% of the cases, first contact was less than 200 feet from the victim’s home. So how far away was the friend (is it MB?) Did HD get a call and tell SA? But was the call not from the friend? Who is the friend’s mom/dad? Are they still married? Are they dating? Who is the BF/GF?

<Mod Snip>
Plus there is always the crime of opportunity- the snag and run. &#8220;57% were simply &#8220;victims of opportunity.&#8221; The most common basic elements in these crimes are: a motivated offender, the opportunity to commit the crime, and ineffective guardians.&#8221;

I don&#8217;t want to get into the good mother/bad mother discussion- that has been thoroughly covered, and frankly doesn&#8217;t help. So she should have done things differently- that I am sure has the potential to haunt her forever. I never want to be in her shoes!

What about places to search? Cabins, abandoned buildings&#8230;did anyone get a chance to follow up on the photo geotags? What about buildings that had recent refurbishing? While to an outsider it may look like someone remodeled, but could a &#8220;holding room&#8221; been built?

I'm really far behind in reading the threads and may have some of my info wrong, but I'm confused about who in the household had cell phones...I thought I read that at some point, BD had to leave her phone at home for the kids to use, then I read that a text was sent from HD's phone to her friend that said "WYD". Did HD have her own cell phone or did BD share her phone with the kids?

Then, on the last NG I watched, NG asked BD why she hadn't made more of an effort to get SA to talk. BD said she hadn't been able to talk to him because his relatives won't give him her phone calls. NG suggested she call him directly but BD said he didn't have a cell phone. Am I right to assume LE has both of their cell phones now?

And did BD ever say who she called at 6:20ish a.m. the day HD went missing? Sorry for all the ?s. I'm reading as fast as I can but jumped ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub