TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, now that I think about it, I wonder if those bloodhounds were brought in from the Wallace & Ware state prison/jail units.

C-City police force seems pretty small to have their own trained dogs.

Do you know how the prison bloodhounds would be trained?

(just pondering here)

I pretty sure I read that Wallace and Ware:waitasec:

Is something going on? I keep getting kicked out of Weblseuths due to many people coming on or something. This doesn't happen that often.
It's been happening the last couple of nights. I figure it means there are a ton of folks logging in, and that's a good thing!

According to City Manager Kampfer, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20, just a few blocks from Hailey’s home.

Kampfer says the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

OH my word, this thread is flying!
Let's see. Airport dogs? I can't think of any airport that would have dogs that would be trailing trained.

The prison system will either have tracking or trailing, which are different. The issue here again though is that generally prison dogs are looking for someone who recently escaped, not someone that has been missing for 4 or 5 days. A fresh trail is much different than an aged trail and dogs that haven't trained on one or the other can have a high failure rate.

Welcome :) That neighbor bothers me .. was he watcher? to know what Hailey did everyday?

I think the cell phone was to stay at home. but who cell phone did Hailey had so brother could Text her?

DD likely sent a text to MB. JMO

...(snip)...
According to City Manager, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20...

...the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.

[/B]

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

So she may have been there but didn't necessarily walk? Again, I wonder about the new vs old scent issue: was this nine days ago or nine weeks ago?

true that hotel being right off the I20 is scary

What bothers me about hotels being so close to where Hailey lives is that lots of construction, oilfield, etc crews stay in them.

DBF & I have stayed at hotels in small towns & it gave me the creeps w/ all those men staying there...the parking lots are lined at night w/ nothing but pickup trucks & company vans....DBF had to go get ice & the Cokes because once I got in the room I wasn't getting out for anything...even in the daytime.

Let's see. Airport dogs? I can't think of any airport that would have dogs that would be trailing trained.

The prison system will either have tracking or trailing, which are different. The issue here again though is that generally prison dogs are looking for someone who recently escaped, not someone that has been missing for 4 or 5 days. A fresh trail is much different than an aged trail and dogs that haven't trained on one or the other can have a high failure rate.

Sarx - we posted some info for you...I don't know how to multi-quote but there are several posts on previous page w/ info on the dogs.

My children had that freedom in Colorado City and I wouldn't change it for the world. With me being a single mom they were home alone alot, since I did teach them the value of working. If you haven't noticed the kids in Colorado City are really never alone... it is one big family. And we are mad someone came into our backyard and hurt one of ours. And I don't even live there anymore. Also, look where this case is at. Everyone took a stand... like one big family. I moved my daughter away from there to a bigger town and have regretted it ever since. She goes from planning what sport she is playing next week to seeing kids smoking crack behind the school. All within a few months her life changed.
I'm with ya. When I was a kid we moved from a small town (which later was the same place where the previously-mentioned things happened) to Memphis. I went from a school where the principal measured our dress lengths daily to a school that was happy if you just had on clothes...a school which was "fondly" referred to as the "dope capital of Memphis." That's one reason I had a little silent chuckle over the friends not looking "the type." There is no "look" to "the type." Not in cities anyway. I worked at a gym at a Presbyterian Church in Memphis that was nothing but a country club with a tax break, and I saw two security guards fired because they dared to report teenage church members drinking in the church parking lot!

There is nowhere safe,not even on a dirt rural road in Oklahoma where those two girls were killed and it still hasn't been solved.This is not the world we grew up in and any child could be taken at any given day.I'm sure her mother never thought this could happen to her child and look where she is today.

I do understand that, especially with the internet. The monsters are everywhere... even at home.

Living in Colorado City you are not subjected to those horrific stories that are the norm in the bigger metros.

I am scared we have a predator in our own backyard and I do wonder why there haven't been any alerts posted from LE about protecting the children. There is a child missing and until she is found everyone should be keeping a close eye on theirs. I think this may be the wake up call.

That is good to know as well...technology is wizzing by me...I can hardly keep up!

Me too... I am still trying to figure out what BBM & MOO means. LOL

I don't know if any teenage mom could afford to have a phone if they didn't offer monthly/unlimited. And she has 2.

It has not been mentioned on MSM re LE but, for what it is worth, someone on the 'findhaileydunn' FB mentions that BO also had a polygraph today

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...569910#!/findhaileydunn/posts/124735200927494

Ah my tee mouse, sounds like the church I grew up at- preacher & deacon kids were the sneakiest:) I know, I was one! appearances can be deceiving

Snort! I guess I can relate! I'm a Presbyterian Preacher's Kid! Or maybe I should say I'm a "reformed" Presbyterian Preacher's Kid?!

Me too... I am still trying to figure out what BBM & MOO means. LOL

I don't know if any teenage mom could afford to have a phone if they didn't offer monthly/unlimited. And she has 2.

BBM-Bolded By Me
MOO-My Own Opinion

I am somewhat confused on what can be the difference between an old trail vs. a fresh/most recent trail. :waitasec: What distinguishes that to a dog?

David says that Shawn signed the paperwork to take a third but then refused to take it and left the building.

According to David, the Dunn family and police had not seen Shawn since that last polygraph refusal.

Hailey’s two uncles corroborated that story but police are not releasing information about any polygraph tests at this time.

Hailey’s uncle Dale says he took a polygraph test and passed it and added that Billie may have taken one Wednesday night as well.
http://cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

On Jan. 4, television personality Nancy Grace discussed Hailey’s disappearance on her CNN Headline News show. Kampfer called the program “sensational and inaccurate.”He said that although Grace reported that bloodhounds had been used by police to track Hailey to a nearby motel, that was not the case.

“It is inaccurate that dogs traced the scent to the hotel,” he said. “Dogs showed activity at the hotel, which could have been a number of things. It’s not evidentiary.”

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

What bothers me about hotels being so close to where Hailey lives is that lots of construction, oilfield, etc crews stay in them.

DBF & I have stayed at hotels in small towns & it gave me the creeps w/ all those men staying there...the parking lots are lined at night w/ nothing but pickup trucks & company vans....DBF had to go get ice & the Cokes because once I got in the room I wasn't getting out for anything...even in the daytime.

Those crews are norms there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members