TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a query about Polygraphs. Put down the tomatoes, it's a general query.

If I were about to take a LDT and I was either stressed or had a few lies to hide, wouldn't I be wise to actually consume the type of medication that BD is taking? It is an anti anxiety type medication and would surely help to keep me calm? yes?

So IF the above is true, and if the parties have this medication in their systems, then wouldn't they be more likely to pass the test?

If SA loves Billie and Hailey as much as he claims...he should call up LE, make an appointment to talk with them, bring your lawyer if it makes you feel better, and go answer some questions. Answer every question they ask, and volunteer info on anything they don't ask. Offer to take another LD administered by the FBI. Explain why you didn't tell Billie you went back to CC, why you went into work and left, and whatever else needs explaining. If you are innocent, it shouldn't go too badly for you.

I agree....

If S...is..innocent.....he can take another poly...and where he can explain any inconclusives in his answers...and remove a lot of questions pointing to his suspected involvement...

BUT...maybe his involvement...hinges ....not just on the polygraph.....but other pieces of evidence...we know nothing about....Time will tell...

all my opinion...my 2 cents...

The problem is that the two adults in the home, SA and BD have different agendas, they are both protecting their reputations, and the only one left talking (because there was a change in the planned story maybe) is trying to fulfill her need to be seen as doting whilst protecting SA from blame.

I think BD protects SA because she "has" to believe in his innocense. Otherwise, she would have to face the possibility that she brought her daughter's attacker into their lives. Not blaming BD, just theorizing on why she may feel compelled to protect him, even now.

In the affadavit for searching of digital media, it lists numerous digital devices taken, including a "pink apple shuffle". BD said (I think? i dont have a link, sorry) that Hailey had an ipod that was lost or broken, then later was at the house left behind when she left. everyone has discussed Hailey making posts online from an iphone, which also could be attributed to an itouch, but not an ipod shuffle, which is what is listed in the affadavit. and as its a pink one, i would imagine it is Haileys and not someone elses in the home. anyway, my point is the ipod shuffle is a small ipod that has no screen and cant do anything except play music, meaning if hailey updated her FB page from an iphone, it was someone elses.

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/galleries/2011/jan/13/affidavit-search-data-storage-media/23369/

An Ipod shuffle is a very small and inexpensive MP3 player only. They come in many colours. An ITouch is what she is believed to also own and used to post to her FB. It is a big upgrade from the shuffle and would allow her to play MP3's and have wi fi access to the internet among many other things. It is not a phone and does not have a camera in the version she would have had. They are black front/chrome back and I believe they stated they took a black MP3 player as well so I am hoping that is the ITouch that was either broken/lost or both just prior to Christmas. But I do believe it was also stated that she got a new MP3 player for Christmas that had camera capabilities. More than likely that was an IPod MP3 player. The newer ones have camera and video capabilities but no WI FI access.

HTH

jmo, but I would think so. I also think you have to tighten a muscle or some other un noticed body part when you answer yes to something they know already so it would throw the whole thing off.

I tryed bi-feedback years ago and this little piece of tape with a wire was stuck on my head. We chatted for awhile, and i sorta moved to get slightly more comfortable, and the darn thing went off like a fire alarm. The lady was sure we had touched on a topic that I had terrible feelings about. needless to say, i never went back.

jmo again, but BD worked and SA didnt. as a ward clerk she wasnt making a lot of money, but....Hailey got a pricey gift like that? What did DD get? I never bought more for one child than the other.

I think BD protects SA because she "has" to believe in his innocense. Otherwise, she would have to face the possibility that she brought her daughter's attacker into their lives. Not blaming BD, just theorizing on why she may feel compelled to protect him, even now.

:welcome5:

[ I read somewhere that those types of meds can skew the results, but the examiner can Determine during the pre-test portion of the poly whether or not the person can still take the poly and get accurate results.

If I were about to take a LDT and I was either stressed or had a few lies to hide, wouldn't I be wise to actually consume the type of medication that BD is taking? It is an anti anxiety type medication and would surely help to keep me calm? yes?

So IF the above is true, and if the parties have this medication in their systems, then wouldn't they be more likely to pass the test?

NSS, according to the expert on NG's show, Ativan can skew results on truthful answers in a negative way. I'll see if I can find the transcript.

IIRC, LE said they "found her to be under the influence" at the time of the first LDT. Now, that could have come to light in a variety of ways - questioning or what have you, but one thing that pain pills (opiates) do is constrict the pupils. That would have been an easy "tell" for LE. Anti-anxiety meds have really no precise physical indicators like that other than if she took a bunch, she would have slurred speech.

And yes, the anti-anxiety medication would have relaxed her to a point of possibly passing, IMHO, but I'm no expert.

IIRC, LE said they "found her to be under the influence" at the time of the first LDT. Now, that could have come to light in a variety of ways - questioning or what have you, but one thing that pain pills (opiates) do is constrict the pupils. That would have been an easy "tell" for LE. Anti-anxiety meds have really no precise physical indicators like that other than if she took a bunch, she would have slurred speech.

And yes, the anti-anxiety medication would have relaxed her to a point of possibly passing, IMHO, but I'm no expert.

And we only have BD's word that it was Ativan......it could have been anything.

I agree. I understand why she defends him to a point, I'd want to believe him, not to protect him but because believing SA is involved means giving up hope that Hailey is alive.

An Ipod shuffle is a very small and inexpensive MP3 player only. They come in many colours. An ITouch is what she is believed to also own and used to post to her FB. It is a big upgrade from the shuffle and would allow her to play MP3's and have wi fi access to the internet among many other things. It is not a phone and does not have a camera in the version she would have had. They are black front/chrome back and I believe they stated they took a black MP3 player as well so I am hoping that is the ITouch that was either broken/lost or both just prior to Christmas. But I do believe it was also stated that she got a new MP3 player for Christmas that had camera capabilities. More than likely that was an IPod MP3 player. The newer ones have camera and video capabilities but no WI FI access.

HTH

i have an iphone 4 that my boss gave me, because i did the best handstand at work (this is the truth, my boss is mad wild!) but it doesnt make calls as the calling part of it is broken, it doesnt pick up signal. it does work as an itouch though, and i use it for music and on the wifi at home, and this weekend when i was staying in London i just scanned for the free wifi networks and connected to them. you can also put the program "skype" on them - itouch - and broken iphone, and use it to make calls to other people with skype accounts. my only reason for picking up on that is did billie say it was definatly an Itouch? as the apple i device listed in the affadavit is an ishuffle. and on NG she said it was at home and broken, not lost. surely if an itouch was at home and just broken the police would have taken it and it would be listed.i might be looking into this whole apple i-product thing way too deeply, did billie definatly say it was an itouch?

im doing the apple crumble shuffle right now. with custard. mmmmm.

Well if she is innocent and he is guilty then she might hold the key to where her daughter is if she'd think real careful about SA's behaviour and contacts over the past 3 years and especially in the days leading up to Hailey's disappearance.

She has plenty of time to blame herself for bringing him into their lives later, right now she needs to realize that her information may be crucial to finding her daughter, not trying to throw out alternative theories so she can keep believing in someone who has no regard whatsoever for her or her children apparently.

Unless she's guilty too of course. Then I suppose she should be doing exactly what's she doing right now, confusing and hindering the investigation.

MOO

HTH

My daughter has the new ipod touch 4g & it has WIFI. She can also text without phone service.

Colorado City, TX—The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334596

Raw Interview: Out-of-State Tips in Dunn Investigation

I agree. I understand why she defends him to a point, I'd want to believe him, not to protect him but because believing SA is involved means giving up hope that Hailey is alive.

In one of the interviews where she is trying to explain the inconsistensies she says that she was upset when she heard he failed the LDT, but then when she found out she failed it too, she just didn't know. She was implying that she knew she was innocent and still failed, so maybe the same was with him.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/

For those who aren't sure about the differences between an ipod touch, ipod shuffle, etc. etc. Click on the links so you can see what capabilities they have.

(mod snip removed quote)

Oh no Mel! Please let me clarify - I AGREE with you. :) I would have expected her to take things along to sleep over at a friend's house, too.

It's just that when Billie says it wasn't unusual for her not to take anything along when spending the night, we don't know where Hailey was spending the night. If she was talking about Hailey not taking anything to stay over at a friend's house, all I can say is that doesn't square with my experience with girls that age.

Colorado City, TX—The Mitchell County district attorney is working to build a case in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn to hand over to a grand jury, Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said. But right now, there isn't enough evidence to arrest the only named suspect, Shawn Adkins.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334596

Raw Interview: Out-of-State Tips in Dunn Investigation

Is it just me or does it seem that Sheriff Toombs pretty much believes SA is the main suspect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member