TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need someone with a better memory than me to help me out with something.

BD is claiming that right before she took her LDT she was told that SA had failed his. BD then takes her LDT and "fails" but then blames it on the stress of what she had just heard because she had put so much faith in LDTs. Promptly after "failing" her own LDT she is then interviewed by LE for 10 hours. BD has claimed that she told SA to leave when she found out about him "failing" his LDT. Now, didn't we find out that SA left the house during the time that BD was with LE?! SA went to his mother's house? Then we also heard from DD that SA skipped town or something to that effect? So the really confusing part for me is this...........when exactly did BD have a chance to tell SA to leave the house? Or did he leave on his own and this is another mistaken statement made by BD?

Well it is snowing again tonight in Memphis and still no Hailey anywhere:(
Going to bed with prayers that she will be found alive and safe soon.

CZ,

The only way I would feel better about BD and SA taking and passing a polygraph is to first know for a fact if either were on any drugs at all during the polygraph. At this point in time the only thing that would allow me to belive either one of them is if I saw the results of a drug test that was negative for all drugs.

A few others have had a problem too. I don't know. Maybe try the Mirc way to get in?

Salem

I had problems and found out my Java wasn't updated. I finally got in there earlier today.

Two questions if anyone can answer.

WHY did Le use the dogs at the local hotels?

Approximate location of where the dogs stopped when following Haileys scent toward her friends.

Originally, LE said that the dogs started towards Clint's house, stopped, turned around and made a beeline towards MB's house, and then went to the motel. I posted this early on, and that is what I asked to have removed because LE didn't want it released. Billie later went on to say this on NG. LE changed that and said that the dogs didnt really track anywhere, and they took them by vehicle to each place and all of the motels in town, and only got a hit at the houses and the one motel. So I have no idea which is correct.

Actually it was me that asked CZ for her opinion and I think I know why she was hesitant to answer now..I worked with DSS for many years as a Guardian ad Litem, so what is normal or acceptable for one family may not be for another. One of the first things I was taught was not to compare how clean a home was, how interactive parents were, values, etc. based on our own lives, homes, relationships..and that was hard to do at first. Then you realize there are many families that are nothing like your own, but are happy, loving homes, nonetheless. I'm certainly not saying that's the case here...that's just part of what I was trying to find out..CZ has said many times that she knew Billie and did not know anyone else well. She knows that many of us don't believe Billie and I'm sure she figures she won't change our minds anymore than we will change hers..I just appreciate any insight that she gives us myself...just sayin..

Are you referring to my post/my comment? I wrote what I wrote in reference to the assertion that their relationship was just like anyone else's, but maybe more intense. I don't see how on any level, a relationship that involves threats against your partner's life (and their ex-partner's life) could in any way be construed as normal. Someone who exists in such a volatile relationship might think that is how all relationships are, but that does not mean they are right.

I remember early in the Haleigh C. case when everyone was freaking out that Ron called Misty a b!tch. I didn't think that was odd - my ex called me a b! and the c word everyday for 3 years. It wasn't unusual to me and I thought all guys talked to their girlfriends that way. Clearly I was wrong.

Trust me, I don't think all families should be perfect cookie-cutter ones. That was not what I was commenting on. Trust me. I don't expect all families to look like mine. I would be sad for people if their families were like mine. I'm a mediocre mom and i've never married either of my 'baby daddies', both of whom are pretty creepy and live with their parents even though they are in their late 30s. (lol?)

As for your last sentence: well, we all appreciate different things in life and anyone who is registered here has the right to post. :cow:

Originally, LE said that the dogs started towards Clint's house, stopped, turned around and made a beeline towards MB's house, and then went to the motel. I posted this early on, and that is what I asked to have removed because LE didn't want it released. Billie later went on to say this on NG. LE changed that and said that the dogs didnt really track anywhere, and they took them by vehicle to each place and all of the motels in town, and only got a hit at the houses and the one motel. So I have no idea which is correct.
So they got a hit at the friends or close, thats what i am interested in. Thank you so very much.

Oh, passion.... don't read tonight! I did the other night after my family were asleep, and had to check and double-check the locks, and leave the bathroom light on. Wait until daylight, my friend.
funny you should say this as I just tacked a blanket up over a window in my mudroom thats usually open....waiting for a masked maniac to pop its head in it....not happy.... not to mention im into scary chit and gore and im skeered after reading those links..... :eek:

Awww, I don't have the right plug-ins on my netbook to chat. Sounds like fun, and it sure beats marking essays. :)

I've been thinking about my close friend of about 15 years, we don't see each other as often as we'd like since I had to stop working, but we are in touch regularly by email/phone. I have not even met her boyfriend, though they have been together almost 4 years already and more or less live together. I know I would believe her, 100% for sure, if something horrible like this happened, but I certainly could not vouch for him. I guess I would think that she would not be with anyone who she felt had "this in him".

I appreciate where CZ is coming from and can understand why she can't say much about Shawn. And I will remain neutral on Billie for now.

Actually, Billie is usually very animated... and hilarious.

Now, well, she does have to work to keep it together. I can see her struggling, but then again, I know her moods. I think what you are seeing as a 'flat affect' is actually a tremendous effort to not break down. Also, you have to realize that (especially on NG) the camera is only about two feet away from her face - and it is a big, obnoxious camera.

And, I remember seeing on one of the other threads a discussion about whether or not she can hear the 'experts' talking about Hailey, and possible scenarios. She can hear every word they say.

bbm~
Well, between you, me and the fence post, I would have NEVER guessed that! I don't ever even see a mood change and that bothers me to no end. It seems as though (to me) that when discussing what happened to Hailey, she could just as easily be talking about what she was cooking for dinner that night. I know she's a friend, but just trying to be honest from the outside looking in...The only time I felt like I was seeing much of any reaction from her about anything was when NG was trying to pin her down. Even then I felt like it was anger. CZ, I know people react differently, but I have lost 2 children and been tranquilized because of it...it dulls some emotion, but never takes it away. Just saying that I do know what that feels like. If what we are seeing is her holding it together, in all seriousness, you may want to tell her not to..if she is worried about what people think.. I think there are many like me that are wanting to see something we perceive as real emotion for someone besides SA. I do see some peek out when she speaks of him..but not Hailey. You know her, so of course you're not watching with the critical eye we are...I sure hope we have news soon. I know this has to be taking a major tole on you as well..

Ok, I'd like to ask a question that may make you feel backed into a corner, so I will totally understand if you don't want to answer for any reason, but I HAVE to ask or bust :crazy:..

You said that you didn't believe that Billie was home that Monday when the incident happened. Do you believe that because you believe Billie or would it be impossible because she was still at work around 4pm? I'll leave you alone now, whether you answer or not! Good Luck to you CZ..and it is good to 'hear' from you and know you're ok!

Well, both I guess. Before you brought it up earlier, it never crossed my mind that Billie might have been at home. Also, if she had been at home, I think DD or Clint would have said something.

SherryK, thank for for taking the time to write that post. Sometimes I sit and read this thread wondering if there is anyone else out there who doesn't get a thrill out of seeing this mother's every flaw laid bare for the world to see. It is so clear to me that BD is truly trying to do all she can to bring Hailey home.

I hope that time away from SA will help her to see clearly that she has been decieved, and that she will have the courage to cut all ties with him for the sake of her own sanity and the safety of her kids.

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

According to this sworn affidavit:

The Colorado City Police Department responded to 1804 Chestnut Street in February of 2010 to a domestic dispute. ADKINS was alleged to have threatened to kill Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute. ADKINS first informed investigators he never threatened Hailey DUNN, but later confirmed to investigators he did in fact threaten the lives of both Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute.

ETA: This interview/interrogation of SA was conducted'witnessed by 3 LE officers - Sides, Gilly, and Police Chief Bivins. I have no reason to believe that all 3 officers (including Police Chief Bivins) are not reporting the truth of what was stated by Shawn Adkins.

Wow. If this is true (and I am not arguing with you), then Shawn admitted to this during a recent interview after Hailey's disappearance, not back in Feb 2010, because Bivins was not chief back then, Dooley was.

Which could in turn mean that (if he is the pathological liar everyone thinks he is) he never actually threatened Hailey at all..... especially not in February, but might have just thrown it out there. Or not.

Just thinking out loud....

Are you referring to my post/my comment? I wrote what I wrote in reference to the assertion that their relationship was just like anyone else's, but maybe more intense. I don't see how on any level, a relationship that involves threats against your partner's life (and their ex-partner's life) could in any way be construed as normal. Someone who exists in such a volatile relationship might think that is how all relationships are, but that does not mean they are right.

I remember early in the Haleigh C. case when everyone was freaking out that Ron called Misty a b!tch. I didn't think that was odd - my ex called me a b! and the c word everyday for 3 years. It wasn't unusual to me and I thought all guys talked to their girlfriends that way. Clearly I was wrong.

Trust me, I don't think all families should be perfect cookie-cutter ones. That was not what I was commenting on. Trust me. I don't expect all families to look like mine. I would be sad for people if their families were like mine. I'm a mediocre mom and i've never married either of my 'baby daddies', both of whom are pretty creepy and live with their parents even though they are in their late 30s. (lol?)

As for your last sentence: well, we all appreciate different things in life and anyone who is registered here has the right to post
. :cow:

I never said that is was normal..just that it happens much more often than some realize but does not always mean the end of a family. ..I can tell you that from personal experience that it's no way to live. My ex husband once told me that he never broke a bone or put me in the hospital..therefore her was not an abuser, but he beat the chit out of me nevertheless....and obviously I would NEVER recommend moving someone into your life that was an abuser, but more often than not..you are already in it when the abuse starts..at least I was and only 16 years old...

The only reason I posted in response to you was because I was the one who asked CZ that..AND she was hesitant to answer because she could only do so from her own perspective and said so...

As far as the bolded...I agree completely and NEVER suggested otherwise, k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87