TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know . . . that's the $20,000 question! :)

After I read about the BTK killer and the way he just walked into people's houses in the middle of the day, I started keeping my door locked all the time even when all of us are at home. My kids make fun of me, but it gives me peace of mind.

And I live in a small town too where crime is rare.

My daughter in law still almost laughs at me for doing this...but....I am in a small town also....we have occasions where perps are missing, escapees, etc., and all they have to do is walk in if the door is open. My storm door is always locked as well as the main door. I have been a member here long enough to see what happens if you don't protect yourself. It may come back to bite me in the butt....but right now this is how I choose to live...forgot to add weird sales people who come door to door and we have had plenty of those. When I have the grandchildren I have a horror if I go outside while they are asleep that someone could come in and snatch one!!! I know I am paranoid,lol.

So just for clarification, SA has told BD and LE that he was at his mother's house both days, Monday and Tuesday?

Unfortunately, I cant clarify what he told LE... I know he has talked to LE since I last spoke with him.

You questioned DD? What did he tell you about that event? Was SA holding anything? What did SA say to him? What did he say to SA? What was the "deer in the headlights" look all about?

TIA
bumpty bump bump :)

(in case you didn't see it)

Another oddity. BD says they were out of money and had to go all the way to the ATM to get a little money. I assume that's all they had til payday. There SA has walked off his job yet he's out running around from CC to Big Spring two days in a row using all that gas. Billie must believe his reasoning since she thinks he's innocent and must not mind not having any money or seeing it all spent on gasoline running back and forth to Snyder and Big Spring.

I don't dread your questions. I just don't want to stir things up to a frenzy and start an argument.

It is hard to answer this particular question - because everyone loves someone that another person might not have any use for. But I will give it a go. I am putting a disclaimer smack dab in the middle though that this is coming out of my mouth, not Billie's. Shawn is funny, and I have heard Billie talk about how sweet and caring he is. They have gone through ups and downs like anyone else (although maybe more extreme), and she feels like she can count on him. The kids were not scared of him. While of course I have not had the opportunity to talk to Hailey about this, DD has not given any indication that he dislikes Shawn. I dont really know what else to say, because I cannot just reach into Billie's heart and pull her feelings out.

And of course there is the fact of not wanting to believe that someone you love can do something awful..... but it is more than that. Maybe Billie is in denial, as so many people say, but I don't see it. She knows him, and for whatever reason feels in her heart that he is not capable of hurting her kids.

I really appreciate you answering that! That's exactly what I was curious about..and I knew you said that you that you did not know him well. Just trying to get a 'feel' for their relationship and IF by chance (you already know I'm suspicious of both at this point) Billie had nothing to do with it, I'm trying to get an idea about why she's so convinced that he didn't. Is it hard for Billie to talk about her feelings? I'm going to be honest..her seemingly flat affect in her speech does her no favors whatsoever and for the most part, at least to me..it doesn't seem to be tranquilizer related. Has she always spoken like that?..Just kind of a flat tone..I don't know how to describe it. When she talks about Hailey being missing, it just seems like just casual conversation..no big deal..I was curious if that was a natural tone for her?

Respectfully, we will have to agree to disagree on this point. Just as you cannot believe Billie, I cannot believe what many of the other people quoted have said.

But the 911 calls in BD's own words speaks volumes...

Ya know . . . that's the $20,000 question! :)

After I read about the BTK killer and the way he just walked into people's houses in the middle of the day, I started keeping my door locked all the time even when all of us are at home. My kids make fun of me, but it gives me peace of mind.

And I live in a small town too where crime is rare.

OT: We had a crime in our fairly quiet neighborhood about 10 yrs ago, when someone got off a bus a few blocks away, walked up the street, saw an 8-yr-old boy playing in his great-grandmother's front yard with some kids, and stabbed the boy to death. His 80-yr-old great-grandmother ran out of the house and jumped on the attacker, and she also was stabbed but survived. A stranger tried to help but was stabbed as well. At the time, we lived about 6 blocks away, and a neighbor called to tell me that the assailant was still at large and to lock my door (we didn't lock it at the time). I locked it that day, and have done so every single time I go in/out since then. It changed the neighborhood forever. The really sad thing? The great-grandmother kept him after school b/c his parents felt like it was a safe neighborhood for him...

WAIT....I said a passed polygraph would allow me to look beyond them........BUT FIRST they both must pass a drug test BEFORE taking the polygraph.

I don't dread your questions. I just don't want to stir things up to a frenzy and start an argument.

They have gone through ups and downs like anyone else (although maybe more extreme), and she feels like she can count on him. The kids were not scared of him. While of course I have not had the opportunity to talk to Hailey about this, DD has not given any indication that he dislikes Shawn.

Snipped by me. Respectfully.

No, that isn't like 'everyone else's ups and downs.' It isn't a normal relatinship when you call 911 because someone is threatening your life, only to move in with them a short time after. It just isn't. I'm sorry if you think it is, though.

The kids were not scared of him? That really shouldn't be a criteria through which you measure a relationship. Oh yeah, things are fine because my kids are not scared of my boyfriend. Shouldn't that be a given?! Hailey, according to the evidence, DID NOT LIKE SA. Many people have gone on the record and stated that. Even BD stated that Hailey didn't like him, although she glossed over that real quick.

Funny? Halloween and Slipknot and smoking pot on boats with teenagers and wearing custom made masks while holding deer entrails. He's like a regular barrel full of monkeys, that Shawn. hohoho

I realize the OP asked for your opinion, but this is the same stuff BD tried selling on NG. Billie has an answer for everything in all her interviews and everyone else is wrong, lying or doesn't get it. This is no different. IMO.
:cow:

Answering another question from upthread:

To be honest, the lie detector tests have no bearing on why I think SA has something to do with Hailey's dissapearance. He could take 10 more for all I care.
Last to see her.
Lied about quitting his job, but didn't go to work that day.
He's the boyfriend.
911 calls.
Creepy professions of love for Hailey in the press.
Retaining a lawyer and not talking, not trying to help.
Those are some of the reasons, off the top of my head, who I think SA is involved.

As for Billie, I think she is covering for him, based on what she has said, and not said, in the media. Again, don't care about the LDT.

:cow:

It varied. I believe the hospital in Snyder is on a rotating schedule.

Ok, I'd like to ask a question that may make you feel backed into a corner, so I will totally understand if you don't want to answer for any reason, but I HAVE to ask or bust :crazy:..

You said that you didn't believe that Billie was home that Monday when the incident happened. Do you believe that because you believe Billie or would it be impossible because she was still at work around 4pm? I'll leave you alone now, whether you answer or not! Good Luck to you CZ..and it is good to 'hear' from you and know you're ok!

~Respectfull Snipped~

I'm not CZ - but I'm going to answer this - the question was pretty much answered on NG. LE got it wrong. SA threatened BD and CD.

Unless there has been something further on this issue, it has been settled, actually.

Salem
Mod

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

According to this sworn affidavit:

The Colorado City Police Department responded to 1804 Chestnut Street in February of 2010 to a domestic dispute. ADKINS was alleged to have threatened to kill Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute. ADKINS first informed investigators he never threatened Hailey DUNN, but later confirmed to investigators he did in fact threaten the lives of both Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute.

ETA: This interview/interrogation of SA was conducted'witnessed by 3 LE officers - Sides, Gilly, and Police Chief Bivins. I have no reason to believe that all 3 officers (including Police Chief Bivins) are not reporting the truth of what was stated by Shawn Adkins.

It looks like the OP is offline now, but I am really curious about this statement. Of course I would be glad for everyone to feel differently about Billie, but I got to thinking. Now, I promise I am not trying to start any type of argument here, or question anyone's opinion, but I really would like to hear from anyone who would jump in and answer this.

If Billie took another poly, and passed, would that in your mind absolve her of any knowledge of Hailey's disappearance (or coverup after the fact)?And along those same lines, what if Shawn took another and passed - would that change your feelings on him at all, or has he already proved himself to be involved simply by his odd actions at work and with LE?

I have mixed feelings on this regarding BD. Just what I have seen of her flat affect and inability to answer a question directly lead me to think she would fall into a category of being a rare case of someone that cannot be polygraphed accurately. Is there such a thing? There were a few times on NG where I was in pain waiting on her to give NG an answer. Simple questions that she just danced all around. It does not mean I think she is lying but that I think this is her manner of communicating long term. I question if she is capable of communicating any other way. I am not sure she could pass a poly on questions as simple as where she lives and what she does for a living. Maybe they ought to try that and see.

I have a friend that I love dearly that lies in ways that blow my mind. We could go together to the same event and someone ask her the next day what we did and her version was so deluded that I would be left speechless as to what was being relayed. I would feel helpless as to not wanting to intervene and embarrass her and floored that she seemed to honestly believe what she was saying. Is she a psychopath? Heck no. Could she pass a poly on a simple matter? I don't think so. I watched her tell a reporter one day that she had some college degree and this was just not true. Why is she like that? Well I could guess a few things but really I don't know. Nor do I think she knows lol.

If SA passed one, it would definitely give me reason to think differently about him. I don't think he can nor do I even think he wants to and the not wanting to part gives me serious doubts about him. Who enjoys messing with LE? Your average person wants to cooperate and not play games with them. Very bothersome and disturbing to want to play games with the guys that can lock you up.

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

The Colorado City Police Department responded to 1804 Chestnut Street in February of 2010 to a domestic dispute. ADKINS was alleged to have threatened to kill Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute. ADKINS first informed investigators he never threatened Hailey DUNN, but later confirmed to investigators he did in fact threaten the lives of both Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute.

Well, you can see I'm behind on the news. Thank you!

Salem

You questioned DD? What did he tell you about that event? Was SA holding anything? What did SA say to him? What did he say to SA? What was the "deer in the headlights" look all about?

TIA

He didn't say much about it at all, just that Shawn was 'standing there' and he didn't say anything to me about the 'deer' look. He pretty much made a non-issue of it, and I did not press him on it to get the answers you are wanting. I asked what Shawn said, and he said 'nothing'.

Sorry... I know this is one thing you are all really wanting to know about. But when our kids are around, we usually try and talk about anything other than Shawn and his possible involvement.

We are going wild in Chat!!!

Salem

You can join us right here :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68121"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Actually it was me that asked CZ for her opinion and I think I know why she was hesitant to answer now, she was just trying to answer my questions to the best of her ability I think and was worried she would get pounced on..

That said, I worked with DSS for many years as a Guardian ad Litem, so what is normal or acceptable for one family may not be for another. One of the first things I was taught was not to compare how clean a home was, how interactive parents were, values, etc. based on our own lives, homes, relationships..and that was hard to do at first. Then you realize there are many families that are nothing like your own, but are happy, loving homes, nonetheless. I'm certainly not saying that's the case here...that's just part of what I was trying to find out..CZ has said many times that she knew Billie and did not know anyone else well. She knows that many of us don't believe Billie and I'm sure she figures she won't change our minds anymore than we will change hers..I just appreciate any insight that she gives us myself...just sayin..

czgtz: I want to thank you for coming to us and answering all the questions that have been asked of you. I commend you for it. I know that there are alot of questions concerning BD and her charachter. I know that some persons have stated that how can you know her so well if you havent really had a lot of contact with her since she was seeing SA.

I just want to say that I do in fact find you extremly credible.
I have a friend whom I havent talked to in a while (years) however I have known this person so long that I DO know what she is like. I think it is easy for persons to say ohhh, how well can you really know she is a good mother.. I do find that a little insulting to you. I think that everyone reading this has a close friend, relative, x lover, even a parent that they do not really communicate with in a few years HOWEVER they do know that person well and very well may know that person better than a co worker that has casual conversation.

I guess in short I am saying that If someone were to try and find someone who knows my charachter, my beliefs, my worries, my funny stories, my past loves gone wrong... if they asked my neighbor who sees me everday or co worker who sees me each day or even parents at my kids sporting events.. would they know my personal life.. NO THEY WOULD NOT.. however a good friendship that I have had for a long time EVEN if I had not talked with the person in detail for a few years.. THAT person could give much better insight to who I am vs a casual co worker or neighbor based on the years that they did have close contact with me.

I just wanted to say Thank you for answering any questions. I personally am behind BD 100%. I think every word she has or will state will be taken apart and I have read things that she did not say, or persons who twist the words as "what if she meant it this way" then that starts more rumors and people go off of that..
WHAT I do NOT see or read is anyone picking apart SA's words.. and why is that??? HE is an attorney and has zipped his lip. That right there says to me he is hiding somthing.
Just let BD know that many people can see in her that she would not hurt or participate in any harm to her child. I do see BD as scared, nervous, frail, and perhaps not just the best speaker in front of a camera.. there is no crime in that..I myself can not even stand in a group of people and talk.. called a phobia. That is just me, but it is understandable to be under great pressure espcially on national tv knowing that the town is watching and probally making critical remarks.

My deepest prayers go out especially to BD. She is the one who is talking and trying to help the most of anyone yet she is the one that is picked apart.

with that being said, I will always keep the door open as to ANYTHING is possible.. if things take a turn that I didnt expect then I will chalk it up to anything can happen in this crazy world. At this time I stand behind BD and I do believe her.

Anyone that does question BD involvement, that is what this is all about different views.. the one common thing is we all want to know what happened to Hailey.
When the news and information gets few and far between all we have left is to go back over and over the same information. I wish that we could learn some new information anything at all.. but most of all I wish Hailey to be safe and sound.

I really appreciate you answering that! That's exactly what I was curious about..and I knew you said that you that you did not know him well. Just trying to get a 'feel' for their relationship and IF by chance (you already know I'm suspicious of both at this point) Billie had nothing to do with it, I'm trying to get an idea about why she's so convinced that he didn't. Is it hard for Billie to talk about her feelings? I'm going to be honest..her seemingly flat affect in her speech does her no favors whatsoever and for the most part, at least to me..it doesn't seem to be tranquilizer related. Has she always spoken like that?..Just kind of a flat tone..I don't know how to describe it. When she talks about Hailey being missing, it just seems like just casual conversation..no big deal..I was curious if that was a natural tone for her?

Actually, Billie is usually very animated... and hilarious.

Now, well, she does have to work to keep it together. I can see her struggling, but then again, I know her moods. I think what you are seeing as a 'flat affect' is actually a tremendous effort to not break down. Also, you have to realize that (especially on NG) the camera is only about two feet away from her face - and it is a big, obnoxious camera.

And, I remember seeing on one of the other threads a discussion about whether or not she can hear the 'experts' talking about Hailey, and possible scenarios. She can hear every word they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston