TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe LE has done/is doing all they can. Besides the locals, the FBI AND the Texas Rangers are involved.

The problem is...we don't know what the problem is. Whether or not BD and SA are responsible for HD's disappearance (together or separately), the inability to tell a consistent story by the primary players, coupled with possibly drug addled minds, SA lawyering up, and the group dynamics of this area (though a small town everyone seems to keep to themselves), LE is up against a brick wall. They'll either need to play hard ball or let it go another few months until something turns up. Sad to say.........

I still find it hard to believe that there aren't a significant amount of ppl coming forward to say, "Yes, that was a tragedy waiting to happen" or "There is no way those ppl had anything to do with it."

Respectfully Snipped from grandmaj's post

I am sorry Granmdmaj..I am just so frustrated..chances are she is no longer alive , she is lying in the cold and dark all alone reaching out for us to help her. My heart is breaking , I want to help I want her found and home. I can't do anything from 1200 miles away but sit and watch everyday and be disappointed each time another day passes.

I feel the same. I wish some of the "grant" money that the STF left the other day could pay for me to fly to TX and stay w/ a host family and i could spend a few days searching for bd's daughter. I do not believe in anyone making any money off a child! I think this is what your family, friends and community are for. To help in time of need. With food or place to stay or whatever. Any money given should be for search and rescue ONLY. imo. I'm still seething at what to me looks like a way for STF to get publicity. They could've sent out a press release instead of the parents (of ST) flying to TX to give her this "grant" money, do the local 5 pm news and they were out of there. So who pays for all that travel when paypal could've worked. sorry not fully on topic but uurrrrgh... I don't want parents to jump on board to disappear their children to turn a penny and get a new career. sorry i know it sounds harsh.

Personally, I think TM went over and above the call of duty in the Haleigh Cummings case. He did everything he could think of to get information from them in order to find that precious little girl. All it did was cause anger and frustration. I'm pleased with him for trying something "out of the box", but because it didn't work, I hope he doesn't try it again.

The Laura Recovery Center helps coordinate communities: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126204"]What is the Laura Recovery Center? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] and KlaasKids spent as much time as possible helping the community as well. I'd bet TES looks at the lack of cooperation from the people surrounding Hailey and the fact that two other teams have done what they would do and are now looking for other missing persons. (for the reasons Grandmaj mentioned)

May the Lord shine down on all three wonderful organizations! They are all angels on earth, IMO!

So... let me get this right...

"Joe Schmoe" from the community can volunteer and join in the search. Local PRISONERS were involved in the earliest search efforts, yet TES can't search? WHy can't they just turn up at the Civic Center, register like all the OTHER volunteers, and get involved?

Maybe it is because they really are THAT good, and LE is concerned about them finding evidence in the area related to their "unsolved crimes" and making them appear incompetent. If LE suspect there are DOZENS of "missing people" to be found in the area, and TES comes up with even one... they may fear looking inept.

*ding-ding-ding* I do believe we have a winner. :)

Chock full o' past tense:

“Cheerleading wasn’t her favorite thing,” Dunn said. “She loved softball, volleyball, and basketball. She was first chair saxophone in band.”

Hailey, who vanished without a trace on December 26 or 27, has captured national headlines, creating a media frenzy in Colorado City, her picture displayed on billboards along Interstate 20 and portrayed as the “perfect cheerleader” on Nancy Grace.

“That’s not who she was. She’d rather kick a boy before kissing him,” Dunn said. “She’s very tomboyish.”

Dunn recalls her daughter breaking lots of windows in the backyard while playing ball. “Any kind of ball, she broke a window with it,” she said.

“She was always bored at home and watched a lot of TV. She wrestled with her brother, D. They practiced different (martial art) moves on each other,” Dunn said.

And then:

There’s no evidence my daughter is gone. I decided as long as I believe she’s alive, she is. I’m going to believe she’s alive.

:waitasec: :maddening:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/haileys-mom-clings-hope

I will say that NG did not in anyway compensate Billie or Clint for appearing on her show. At one point, there was a rumor going around town that she was getting like $5k an episode.

Billie and I were talking about this one day while the camera guy was setting up, and he was appalled. He said that any reputable news show is not allowed to pay their guest (besides transportation costs and hotel stays) because if they did, it would be considered 'tabloid' at that point.

Not to mention that these networks would go bankrupt pretty quick, considering how often NG has family members on the show in cases like this.
As far as the Somer T. foundation giving money to Billie rather than Clint, it was their decision... they obviously had a reason... and who knows whether they might decide to help Clint out too... or some other organization might. Diena was given a very hard time by the public and some WSer's during that investigation, and no doubt understands what Billie is going through right now. Clint does not seem to be getting the same flack. I think I've read that he was not employed at the time Hailey went missing, so how did he pay his bills then? And where did he get the money to buy pot?
Maybe Diena doesn't feel that his situation is quite as urgent? IDK. JMO.

Good Morning All! I've been MIA a few days and hope that you all have been doing well! :) I've become so wrapped up in this case that I decided to take a few days off. I kept up with news articles, but tried to stay away from reading opinions and/or discussing the case with anyone, so I could just sit with my thoughts. I wanted to see if anything changed my opinion, if I just let things sink in a bit and didn't debate or go over scrap of info we do have. I am sad to say that I am still as confused as before. None of my questions went away. None of my concerns were quieted. However, my fear has increased. My fear that someone close to HD was involved. My fear that we are no closer to facts or the truth than we were at day one. My fear that this case will grow cold. However, I strongly believe that LE has much more than they are willing to give to us. Well, I guess I am safe to say I know they do. They have the full phone records, confirmed work-times, statements from co-workers, family members, friends of the family and friends of HD. They have items from the house, car, shed, cell phones and computers. They have video of HD from Sunday. All of this information HAS to add up to something. It has to give them an opinion (even if it's not enough proof to make an arrest) regarding who may be involved and who's story is adding up. This at least should be able to tell them which direction to focus, even if it doesn't narrow down the 900 mile search area. So, I am just keeping my faith in what LE has and hoping that this information will either lead them to HD or lead them to the person who can lead them to HD. I wish we knew more, as I am frustrated and impatient, but I am hoping that they will continue to move forward for Hailey. I am glad to be back, catching up and debating what little information we know. I missed all of your great information, opinions and insights! :)

Meanwhile, investigators continue to sift through evidence to establish a time line for Hailey's disappearance.

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

The move toward a criminal investigation is based upon evidence from search warrants, voluntary searches, interviews (to include polygraphing) and suspicion of time table.

“When you start piecing all things together, it points a finger at a small group of individuals or one individual as being suspiciousKampfer said. Although investigators still consider Shawn Adkins, former boyfriend of Hailey’s mother Billie Dunn a prime suspect, Kampfer said there were other “persons of interest.”

ummm....
this tells me the neighbors bs story is of interest....and imo the conveniently moved out neighbor is an "associate" of billie and SA....why else would the neighbor make up a sighting? hence the suspicion on a small group of individuals... jmo

speaks volumes to me...

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers

Thorough, objective research and analysis of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.

Because the people with the most information about the circumstances surrounding Hailey's disappearance - Billie and Shawn - are lying, withholding information, obfuscating, manipulating, and playing games.

Hey, lying, withholding information, obfuscating, manipulating and playing games has worked thus far in the Haleigh Cummings case. Maybe BD and SA should be back together, maybe LE can arrest them when they go to buy the next drugs! :banghead:

Respectfully, the ONLY priority is Hailey. No one should have been turned away at any point in time. JMO of course.

Have to agree. A child is missing. Take any and all help available!!

Meanwhile, investigators continue to sift through evidence to establish a time line for Hailey's disappearance.

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

The move toward a criminal investigation is based upon evidence from search warrants, voluntary searches, interviews (to include polygraphing) and suspicion of time table.

“When you start piecing all things together, it points a finger at a small group of individuals or one individual as being suspiciousKampfer said. Although investigators still consider Shawn Adkins, former boyfriend of Hailey’s mother Billie Dunn a prime suspect, Kampfer said there were other “persons of interest.”

ummm....
this tells me the neighbors bs story is of interest....and imo the conveniently moved out neighbor is an "associate" of billie and SA....why else would the neighbor make up a sighting? hence the suspicion on a small group of individuals... jmo

speaks volumes to me...

Yeah but the neighbor was addicted to drugs.. That alone makes him not credible...same goes for certain other people involved in the case.

Chock full o' past tense:

“Cheerleading wasn’t her favorite thing,” Dunn said. “She loved softball, volleyball, and basketball. She was first chair saxophone in band.”

Hailey, who vanished without a trace on December 26 or 27, has captured national headlines, creating a media frenzy in Colorado City, her picture displayed on billboards along Interstate 20 and portrayed as the “perfect cheerleader” on Nancy Grace.

“That’s not who she was. She’d rather kick a boy before kissing him,” Dunn said. “She’s very tomboyish.”

Dunn recalls her daughter breaking lots of windows in the backyard while playing ball. “Any kind of ball, she broke a window with it,” she said.

“She was always bored at home and watched a lot of TV. She wrestled with her brother, David. They practiced different (martial art) moves on each other,” Dunn said.

And then:

There’s no evidence my daughter is gone. I decided as long as I believe she’s alive, she is. I’m going to believe she’s alive.

:waitasec: :maddening:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/haileys-mom-clings-hope

:( Oh my gosh. Although I'm an admitted fence sitter here, :fence: reading this post gives me cause to think about jumping off. Not good - not good at all. :(

Perhaps from LE's standpoint there is some private land they may think is a target search area and haven't received landowner's permission nor do they have the necessary probable cause to get a warrant. I'm not sure if TES could assist with a search on a warrant. They can't search private land without the owner's permission. No one can do that. Just a thought...

TES has special equipment to search from overhead on the properties they cannot get permission to foot search.

“When you start piecing all things together, it points a finger at a small group of individuals or one individual as being suspicious,” Kampfer said. Although investigators still consider Shawn Adkins, former boyfriend of Hailey’s mother Billie Dunn a prime suspect, Kampfer said there were other “persons of interest.”

ummm....

speaks volumes to me...

I think this just proves that text to MB pinged from somewhere other than the home.

I seriously doubt that LE is so "inept" that they are not allowing TES to search because of fear of finding evidence of other missing persons. Hailey's case is really quite simple. Had the two people that lived in the home with her, excluding her brother of course, been up front and honest with LE from the get-go, TES could have already been there and searched. However, we know that they haven't been. Who wants to go to a town to search for a missing child when the parent and the parent's BF has been less than truthful with the investigation? I'm sorry to be so blunt but there are other families out there who have cooperated with LE who TES would be much better off volunteering their time and efforts to. Maybe when Billie Dunn can actually muster an ounce of sympathy or concern for her daughter and put her thoughts on Hailey instead of Adkins, then the truth can finally be found. I think given the circumstances they have done any and everything they can to find Hailey. Maybe some of the frustration should be directed towards her and Adkins instead of LE.

Yeah but the neighbor was addicted to drugs.. That alone makes him not credible...same goes for certain other people involved in the case.
I respectfully disagree

Does not appear to me at all that they just wrote this guy off as a druggie....

the article is above and beyond pointing out that this is a major issue.

druggie or not... the article specifically states it is pertinent to the investigation.... even then a "druggie" has nothing to gain by voluntarily inserting a lie into an investigation....

moo

Why in the everlovin' he!! am I even trying if LE can't even get a good timeline? lmao

:floorlaugh: :banghead: :waitasec: :crazy:

Personally, I think TM went over and above the call of duty in the Haleigh Cummings case. He did everything he could think of to get information from them in order to find that precious little girl. All it did was cause anger and frustration. I'm pleased with him for trying something "out of the box", but because it didn't work, I hope he doesn't try it again.

The Laura Recovery Center helps coordinate communities: What is the Laura Recovery Center? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community and KlaasKids spent as much time as possible helping the community as well. I'd bet TES looks at the lack of cooperation from the people surrounding Hailey and the fact that two other teams have done what they would do and are now looking for other missing persons. (for the reasons Grandmaj mentioned)

May the Lord shine down on all three wonderful organizations! They are all angels on earth, IMO!

I agree with you 100%. I admire Tim Miller. He tried everything possible to bring Haleigh home. He indeed even ventured outside of his expertise and risked his reputation and was nearly "sacrificed" for his efforts. If a loved one of mine is ever missing I pray that Tim will help find them.

I hate to ever think that any LE is...less than honorable, but this case is making me wonder. Do they have a reason not to find Hailey? It seems as though they are throwing up their hands, did all they could, don't blame us and yet won't let the experts in. Makes me almost wonder if they suspect someone in LE, or if SA hung around with someone in LE...

What did Klemfer say, life goes on, basically? Well yeah, but you named a suspect. Did you forget about that part?

Geez, maybe they were serious about not being able to make an arrest until/unless Hailey is found.

Without a body or some type of forensics like an excessive amount of blood or decompensation proving to be Haileys they can't prove she's dead. There's aways the possibility that she ran away or was abducted. Would be a very difficult case to prosecute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roberasparrow