TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm - is this another 'new' unnamed person or the one that made the threat?

Unnamed Person Could Have Information On Missing Teen

More than a month into the disappearance of 13-year-old Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, and her mother is now saying there's a person who could give police more information about her daughter's whereabouts.

Billie Dunn told KTXS off camera she believes there is a person who has information about her missing daughter.

more here, including KTXS waiting on confirmation from LE about this unnamed person

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26664667/detail.html

OK so they are going along with their investigation and suddenly 2 weeks ago
"Someone #1" reminds LE that one year ago "Someone #2" allegedly threatened BD and HD.

So of course now LE has to investigate this. They can't leave any stone unturned.

Now if "Someone #2" is not in the area and it is learned that they moved to a distant place and has not contracted friends, has not been seen, and can not be found, it is a dead lead.

Now what is more interesting to me is who "Someone #1" is. What is this person's relationship to any of the players in this case if any? What is this person's relationship to the person they reported to LE? What had happened which caused them to report this incident? Did LE find it a credible threat at that time? Was this person talked to about this alleged threat at that time?

I'm waiting for LE to weigh in on this one!
Yes! Those are the other questions I wanted to ask last night, G'ma, but when I logged on it was late and everyone was standing in the corner like this :ziplip:, so I let it go. :innocent:

If this story is true, I'm really curious about how the recollection of the year old threat came forth. Did a little birdie call LE after Hailey disappeared and remind them of the threat he/she reported last year? Or did a LEO just happen to remember it? I tend to think it's the former, because if it were the latter, I'm not sure they would've told BD now, if her story is true.

Also, which LE agency fielded the initial report?

If someone thought it was serious enough to report to LE, why not tell BD, too? Makes me think someone is a complete stranger who's never met BD. Or, they were not on speaking terms, and "someone" reported it mainly to protect Hailey fro harm.

Who would threaten to hurt BD and HD, instead of BD and her children?

And why, why for the love of Pete, would BD broadcast this information to the world??? Is she really unaware of the potential repercussions if this person has Hailey?!?!?! Even if it's too late to save her, letting the perp know that LE is onto him will only drive him deeper into hiding!!! :ziplip:

If Hailey really did make it to MB's and went with her and another boy somewhere out in public on Monday late afternoon---that would be huge.

That would require a huge coverup by a lot of people. And I would wonder how that would be possible in this small town where everyone knows each other.

The Dollar Store seems like a favorite kids destination. Wouldn't other kids have seen them and said something after she was reported missing? When my kids were that age, and we would drive around, they would see EVERY kid on the street and make a mental note of who was with who and when.

I really think there would be more corroboration if this were the case.

I would hope that LE has looked at where MB actually was on that day and who she was with to suss this sighting out.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334376

Quote:
Garcia says she'll never forget what it was like to see her daughter questioned by police and the FBI.

"I got to a point where I broke down too," she recalls, "and started crying with her."

Things that make ya go "hmmmm".

hmmm - is this another 'new' unnamed person or the one that made the threat?

Unnamed Person Could Have Information On Missing Teen

More than a month into the disappearance of 13-year-old Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, and her mother is now saying there's a person who could give police more information about her daughter's whereabouts.

Billie Dunn told KTXS off camera she believes there is a person who has information about her missing daughter.

more here, including KTXS waiting on confirmation from LE about this unnamed person

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26664667/detail.html

Sounds like the same one to me.

ITA and I think its now been stretched from someone who threatened BD and HD into someone who could have information on Hailey being missing.

Yes! Those are the other questions I wanted to ask last night, G'ma, but when I logged on it was late and everyone was standing in the corner like this :ziplip:, so I let it go. :innocent:

If this story is true, I'm really curious about how the recollection of the year old threat came forth. Did a little birdie call LE after Hailey disappeared and remind them of the threat he/she reported last year? Or did a LEO just happen to remember it? I tend to think it's the former, because if it were the latter, I'm not sure they would've told BD now, if her story is true.

If someone thought it was serious enough to report to LE, why not tell BD, too? Makes me think someone is a complete stranger who's never met BD. Or, they were not on speaking terms, and "someone" reported it mainly to protect Hailey fro harm.

And why, why for the love of Pete, would BD broadcast this information to the world??? Is she really unaware of the potential repercussions if this person has Hailey?!?!?! Even if it's too late to save her, letting the perp know that LE is onto him will only drive him deeper into hiding!!! :ziplip:

Exactly.....

I'm waiting for LE's response.

Quote:
Garcia says she'll never forget what it was like to see her daughter questioned by police and the FBI.

"I got to a point where I broke down too," she recalls, "and started crying with her."

Sounds normal to me. I'm sure LE put MB and her mother through the wringer since the finger was pointed straight at them. It would be terrifying to be 13 and have LE grilling you over your missing friend. I'd cry to if that was my kid going through that.

Quote:

Well, it sounds to me like they interrogated her so that's good. I don't think she is hard core enough to match wits with the FBI investigators. IF she had been with Hailey on Monday night I think we would have known that already. I am sure she had to provide for them a timeline of her events and who she was with and it must have checked out.

BBM: Apparently, BD is either entirely clueless that releasing this information would possibly have dire consequences for her daughter, if in fact this mystery person has Hailey. If he did the worse possible thing to Hailey, killing her, then her announcing to the world is only going to drive him deeper under the rock he is apparently under, since LE or anyone else for that matter can't seem to locate Mr. Mystery Man.

My opinion is that if LE can't seem to locate Mr. Mysterious Threat Man, they would be advising the public of his very existence. LE would be releasing a description, name, make of vehicle, or something. And they would also be advising the general public if Mr. Mysterious posed a threat to the public in general.

I think this is a ploy by BD to get people looking at Mr. Mysterious Threat Man to deflect attention away from SA and quite possibly herself. I think something is about to be released that will have a negative impact on SA and maybe BD. So, by having the general public focused on Mr. Mysterious Threat Man, maybe we won't notice the action focused on SA and possibly BD.

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

I agree. So why doesn't she identify the person? She's already spilled the beans and tipped the person off that LE is looking for him. The harm is done.

I don't know what's going through BD's mind, and having never walked in her shoes, I honestly don't know with 100% certainty what I would do. I *think* that I would listen to LE and keep it under my hat. But if I chose not to, and I really believed this person might hold the answers, I wouldn't be playing games with the media. I'd be breaking my neck to find him and wearing a t-shirt with his face on it.

Theory Only: I think that whatever happened to Hailey had just happened when DD started trying to get into the house, and SA had Hailey hidden and maybe gagged. And then got her out of the house when he went to get Billie. I'd bet either DD took off again, or went into his room and closed his door. So I don't think it matters if the hairdresser saw her that morning. Hailey may have even sent the 2pm text before SA got back to the house and they had an altercation, she was threatening to tell her mom or dad, etc...So Hailey may have been left someplace between the house and Billie's job, and he picked her up early. I wonder if there was more than one call on that Monday afternoon between Billie and SA and that is what SA was trying to hide.

I don't think Hailey is alive, and I hate that I feel that way. I've really taken to this little girl and I dread this case becoming another of those unsolved cases with a suspect named, and the child not being found.

If I'm wrong, which there is a good chance I am, I hope LE knows much more.

They may have told Billie they were looking into someone else just to appease her that SA was not being targeting and maybe that is what she is talking about with the other man...who knows...

I can't seem to get a reading on BD from her interviews and I understand and take into account that drugs can damper emotions, however the concern she has for SA is over-the-top given the situation. I wonder if she is involved, when SA told LE they should look at both of them if Billie took this as a possible threat in that if he goes down, she goes down too?

Billie is not trying to deflect any attention away from SA. Although it has upset her that SA was named a suspect (and why wouldn't it... the man you love accused of doing something to your child - and every emotion that would come with that) she realizes that, by his own actions, he has put himself in the hot seat. She does however want every single avenue investigated.

The threat by someone in the past was brought to her attention by LE - she didn't just pull it out of thin air. And she is meeting with PK in the morning to go over what all she can discuss and to what detail she can go into when she makes her statement Monday. She is not doing this without LE's blessing.

Well, it sounds to me like they interrogated her so that's good. I don't think she is hard core enough to match wits with the FBI investigators. IF she had been with Hailey on Monday night I think we would have known that already. I am sure she had to provide for them a timeline of her events and who she was with and it must have checked out.

Why assume it checked out? Isn't LE saying that things aren't matching up? Many assume they are referring to BD, but have they actually said that? I don't recall LE saying who, what, which things aren't matching (or however they are wording it).

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just pointing out that we should be careful about assumptions, knowing so little of the actual facts.

This new news sounds like a cat and mouse game and it's frustrating. Here's two media reports of a mystery person that supposedly made a threat towards BD and Hailey over a year ago. Who? Seriously, why not just let the cat out of the bag and name the person too?

Is LE not in communication with BD on a regular basis? If they wanted this information out there, I would think they would have stepped up and told the media. Because they haven't, either it's part of the investigation or they don't deem it credible.

It doesn't seem to me that LE and BD are in communication or, if they are, they aren't telling her much. And if they aren't telling her much, there's a reason why.

I'd love to know who this person was who went to LE and filed a report over a year ago without the knowledge of LE. I've never heard of a situation as such.

Dang....she'll go to any length in order to deflect attention away from her lover, won't she? I bet LE is giving her all the rope she needs. Go for it, Billie. Everything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. The clincher will be when SA makes a deal and implicates her.

Now I kind of feel like my words are getting twisted a little.

Billie is making a statement Monday. She is meeting with PK tomorrow. They will discuss what can be released to the media. She is not going to talk about anything that they don't want her to on Monday. PK does not care that she is making a statement. He is also invited.

Why assume it checked out? Isn't LE saying that things aren't matching up? Many assume they are referring to BD, but have they actually said that? I don't recall LE saying who, what, which things aren't matching (or however they are wording it).

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I'm just pointing out that we should be careful about assumptions, knowing so little of the actual facts.

I am assuming it checked out because they have said there is no credible evidence of a sighting of Hailey on Monday. Thus the apparent sighting of her with MB HAS been discounted.

And it does not appear as though MB and her family are currently under suspicion or investigation anymore/

I think people had better start using their alert button instead of the snark on this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howellsy