TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was caught on video on that Sunday at the Dollar General (though I believe it is constantly referred to as the 'Dollar Store') and also at the Alco Discount store, which is just 2 or 3 blocks from the Dollar Store.

TMK, (and I believe I have read at least 95% of what has been released, IMO) nothing has been released about any purchases she made, or even if she purchased anything.

I think I read she purchased cupcakes and hot cheetoes and they are still in her drawer. Which to me is strange. Kids buy treats to eat and hers are still there?

I hope they release that video. Remember Casey Anthony and her purchasing at Target. You could see each item as it went down the belt.

I'd still like to know if the threat made by the man that can't be found was done online. Many people would contact cops if some bizarre member of a forum made a threat against a woman and her young daughter in a certain town. It's also the type of thing that cops might not bother to follow up on, too. Men can get angry and threaten a woman, but to threaten a daughter as well is pretty unbelievable.

I would like to know if this fellow that threatened them has been gone for a long time or just left about the time Hailey went missing.

Wonder if there were any problems with SA taking all the money and not leaving the kids with enough snacks around the house. They did say they had no money and had to go draw out what little they had left to go buy some groceries and gas. This after he ran around all over the place all day wasting gas.

Thank you for the video (hadn't seen it). Curious though - why on earth would tips go to him personally? Why was his cell phone number splashed on the screen. ermmmm....isn't this what detectives are for?

Not that I mind it, just bothered, dazed, and confoosed.

MOO

Mel

I've thought this was strange right from the beginning. It seems this started with the trip to Odessa. It seems to me that he would want to be close to home in case she was found or to stay in close contact with police. What's he doing down by Mexico? Wouldn't the crossing guards at the border have been notified when the original reports were put out? It's not like Clint can sit at the border crossing and check vehicles.

OK so they are going along with their investigation and suddenly 2 weeks ago
"Someone #1" reminds LE that one year ago "Someone #2" allegedly threatened BD and HD.

So of course now LE has to investigate this. They can't leave any stone unturned.

Now if "Someone #2" is not in the area and it is learned that they moved to a distant place and has not contracted friends, has not been seen, and can not be found, it is a dead lead.

Now what is more interesting to me is who "Someone #1" is. What is this person's relationship to any of the players in this case if any? What is this person's relationship to the person they reported to LE? What had happened which caused them to report this incident? Did LE find it a credible threat at that time? Was this person talked to about this alleged threat at that time?

I'm waiting for LE to weigh in on this one!

Backing up to another topic, I keep wondering if there was a balance due on the mask and SA had to go to his Mom's to get the funds. Generally a seller will notify a customer with the shipping information so they know when to expect their package. moo

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, Anyway, I think the link I just posted is for CZ's post which first introduces the 2 witnesses who stated they saw Hailey on Monday, Dec. 27th. At this point Hailey was allegedly walking with another girl and a boy. I don't know if this is in reference to JB or not. This post is dated Dec. 31.

TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: BBM. If this is JB, the 'another girl' could be confusion on the part of the reporter, I remember several people misunderstanding what was said and thinking Hailey was walking with JB's granddaughter.

I was not talking about JB in this post. The woman I was referring to says she saw Hailey, MB, and a boy in front of one of either the dollar store or Alco Monday. It was either late afternoon or evening (sorry, not digging my notes out right now), and she knows the date and time because she has a receipt from what she was doing.

I can't find something definite about what age a child is considered too young to be a witness. We only want to know which day, so maybe LE figures it can be verified elsewhere to avoid getting the minor involved.

I know young children do testify, and wonder why it sounds like an odd LE reason not to pin down the day.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/courts_92/courtsk.cfm

We don't know if LE cannot corroborate the sighting due to the boys age. It could be for any number of reasons. The boys age was just mentioned in the last sentence of the article posted.

Billie's neighbor said the hairdresser doesn't even know Billie or SA. See Thread 24, Page 22, Post 526 1/15/11 10:02 pm
I have learned that someone else saw Hailey Monday morning. Someone who has no reason to protect Billie or SA, and in fact doesn't even know them. This person saw Hailey more than once, and is sure that it was Hailey. LE is aware, has searched this person's house and interviewed them more than once. I am not trying to be vague about this - but I did not ask this person's permission to post. They were not told to keep it quiet, and I am not the only person who knows about it. Also, this sighting directly conflicts with what someone else told LE about seeing Hailey. Another person (child) was with Hailey. This makes three seperate sightings of Hailey on Monday (that I know of) after SA's phone placed him in Big Spring.

Billie says on Nancy Grace 1/17 that the hairdresser lives catty-corner to her and her grandchildren grew up with Hailey and DD. FBI have interviewed hairdresser twice. (see NG transcript 1/17).

When interviewed, hairdresser says she's a neighbor of Billie's and knows Hailey well but didn't recognize the 6 or 7 year old boy so she looked real hard. http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696

According to Billie, Billie's friend and hairdresser: hairdresser supposedly doesn't do hair on Sundays, sure it was Monday because she did a client's hair. Client can't verify because she happens to have Alzheimer's (according to Billie's friend, but maybe still drives herself around).

In any event, LE/FBI investigated and cannot corroborate this as a sighting on 12.27.

Good nite all. May tomorrow be the day that Hailey is found. :praying:

I think I read she purchased cupcakes and hot cheetoes and they are still in her drawer. Which to me is strange. Kids buy treats to eat and hers are still there?

I hope they release that video. Remember Casey Anthony and her purchasing at Target. You could see each item as it went down the belt.

There has been no information released about what, if anything, Hailey purchased at the Dollar General Store or the Alco Discount Store on Sunday, 12/26. Someone who saw an article/pics with contents of Hailey's room yesterday noticed the snacks and wondered if they might have been purchased on Sunday, just speculating.

I can't find something definite about what age a child is considered too young to be a witness. We only want to know which day, so maybe LE figures it can be verified elsewhere to avoid getting the minor involved.

I know young children do testify, and wonder why it sounds like an odd LE reason not to pin down the day.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/courts_92/courtsk.cfm
I can remember a couple of cases where children like 5-6 gave testimony in criminal trials. I'm not sure if there is a hard, fast rule about the minimum age a child can testify. For a very young child, I think the judge would decide whether to allow the child's statement.

This case is only in the investigative stage, and it wasn't even considered a criminal case in the beginning. The child's information would only be used to build a timeline. I'm pretty certain that if the child had given a strong, clear answer when questioned about the day, LE would not have simply dismissed it. For instance, if he had said it was the day after Christmas, and he remembered because he couldn't wait to show Hailey his new bike, or his new skates, that would've made an impression on LE. But apparently, he was vague on the day and couldn't corroborate JB's account.

This thing about SA's habits in Dunn and Snyder is very telling,there's alot to that,but it's not come out what it is.What kind of habits in two towns he lived in?The only thing I can think of is drugs.

I was afraid this would happen.

In an interview with Billie, it was mentioned that Hailey had junk food in a drawer in her room. Cupcakes and Hot Cheetos. There was some speculation here earlier that these items COULD have been purchased at the Dollar Store on Sunday, and asked if it seemed unlikely that items she bought Sunday would still be in the drawer when she left for MBs at 3:15 Monday.

It was not established as fact that she purchased these items on Sunday, or what items she DID purchase on Sunday.

I was not talking about JB in this post. The woman I was referring to says she saw Hailey, MB, and a boy in front of one of either the dollar store or Alco Monday. It was either late afternoon or evening (sorry, not digging my notes out right now), and she knows the date and time because she has a receipt from what she was doing.

Do you happen to remember when the hairdresser, JB, came out with the story of seeing Hailey? That's actually what I was looking for when I pulled that post up.

(edited for space) I'm pretty certain that if the child had given a strong, clear answer when questioned about the day, LE would not have simply dismissed it. For instance, if he had said it was the day after Christmas, and he remembered because he couldn't wait to show Hailey his new bike, or his new skates, that would've made an impression on LE. But apparently, he was vague on the day and couldn't corroborate JB's account.

You know... WHOEVER this kid is, I'd hope his parents know what day he was out walking around town with Hailey. I'd hope a child that young would need parental permission to leave the yard, and would need to provide details of when he would be back, where he was going, and with whom he would be walking before he left.

I don't know about this... During the past year and a half, HD has lived with a variety of people (here and there, sometimes for a week or a month). Her father has lived across the street (and where else?) with his gf (who was pregnant for most of this time). Her mother has had a bf not much older than her brother for several years. He, too, is in and out of the house and lives here and there. Her parents are still married. According to ppl in the community, she pretty much did as she pleased. As it seemed, the brother also comes and goes. HD's sweet, but she could probably beat up any boy in the school (according to a teacher). The household is "volatile" and was volatile even when CD lived there. Her mother and her bf had no problem with taking out the last of their money to buy drugs a day or two after Christmas. And ppl criticize LE for looking into the possibility that this girl was a runaway???

Seems to me that HD has stayed the night SOMEWHERE before and not with MB. Then?? Teachers reported her as "street smart"---maybe she is hiding somewhere.... the polygraph showed deception because in reality BD and SA ARE responsible for her disappearance. BD = poor parenting, never really knowing where she was (or caring) SA = for wishing she wasn't there

BBM
This is what I was saying on my earlier post a couple of pgs back. Where did she stay overnight the nights BD thought she was at MB.
She had to have other friends/places to go. So someone out there knows about these places maybe even MB but she may be to afraid to say anything. I DO NOT think BD had anything to do w/HD disappearance. I do think she made a lot of poor parenting and life decisions and I DO THINK she feels guilty for these decisions, especially r/t SA. I think this is the reason she is trying to defend him on not hurting HD. Because, if she accepts the fact that SA did harm her little girl she may not be able to recover from the depths of he$$ that she will go to because then she will blame herself for falling in love w/SA and bringing him into her childrens life. This is jmo.

If she goes there now I think she is going to completely loose it and I think she knows that , so imo in her mind she is thinking that she has to continue to beleive that her judgement could not be so bad that she would actually be the one who brought this man into their home and if not for that Haley may still be here, I really think when she is able to handle this mentally and emotionally she will also be able to see SA for what he really is.jmo.

As I stated, IMO BD did not harm her daughter and she really loves her and wants her home like yesterday. But I DO beleive that SA and maybe some of his buddies did harm Haley. All of this is JMO,

sweets

Do you happen to remember when the hairdresser, JB, came out with the story of seeing Hailey? That's actually what I was looking for when I pulled that post up.

No. I learned about this sighting the day I posted about it. I didn't ask her when she told LE. I will ask her about that also.

If Hailey really did make it to MB's and went with her and another boy somewhere out in public on Monday late afternoon---that would be huge.

That would require a huge coverup by a lot of people. And I would wonder how that would be possible in this small town where everyone knows each other.

The Dollar Store seems like a favorite kids destination. Wouldn't other kids have seen them and said something after she was reported missing? When my kids were that age, and we would drive around, they would see EVERY kid on the street and make a mental note of who was with who and when.

I really think there would be more corroboration if this were the case.

I would hope that LE has looked at where MB actually was on that day and who she was with to suss this sighting out.

I wonder what happened with this witness? We know the Dollar Store and the Alco both have surveillance cameras. If this woman has a receipt dated Monday, and she shows up on video tape on Monday, I don't understand how LE is saying no sightings of Hailey have been corroborated on Monday.

I think it's fantastic that Clint is searching on his own and think that all families should do that instead of just relying only on police or professional search organizations. He might put his own number on the fliers just in case some might not want to contact police, but surely the police number would be on there also.

You know... WHOEVER this kid is, I'd hope his parents know what day he was out walking around town with Hailey. I'd hope a child that young would need parental permission to leave the yard, and would need to provide details of when he would be back, where he was going, and with whom he would be walking before he left.

Well, from what we have pieced together so far--it appears as though this kid is Clint's girlfriends son. And since Hailey spent much of Sunday at their home, she most likely went on a walk with him that day. And I think that might be one reason they discount the Hairdressers version of the day she saw them.
JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member