TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So with the latest development we know that BD thinks that a man who supposedly made threats against her and HD a year ago (or whenever it was) should be a suspect and that LE should question him, but SA who threatened both BD and HD (to kill them no less) should not be a suspect and that LE needs to be looking elsewhere. Does this strike anyone else as odd? And just how can BD explain that away? Why is the one man more of a suspect than SA?

Personally I think that BD needs to stay away from all media. No more interviews, no more talking to them period. If BD wants to have the information out there about HD then let CD do the talking. He seems to be able to make sense and doesn't lie at the drop of a hat (IMO).

Peli the article Wise Old Owl provided for my question a few posts up, said she had been at her fathers until Christmas Day. Two weeks to a month.

About 3/4 of the way down the page.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=yahoo_feeds

Thanks grandmaj and I was seeking confirmation before I said, we really can't say with any kind of confidence what kind of shoes she was wearing. She could have received other shoes to wear while at her fathers house.

Seems there has been a case recently where they arrested and charged a young man for the murder of a young woman... can't remember who it was, though I believe it was in another state. TN? NC? Somewhere like that.

Yes, once in a while LE gets really lucky and finds the perp within days... it's not all that common, though.

But I think sometimes it's not just a matter of not having a suspect, but having the proof they need in order to charge them.

The only case I can think of at the moment where everything happened extremely fast was Samantha Runnion's case. Her body was found less than 24 hours after she was reported missing, and her killer was arrested a few days later, before her funeral. Samantha's case seems to be exception, not the rule, though.

Hah, I'm not BD's public relations manager and think she should say what she thinks and not speak trying to please someone with her answers. It is what it is.

Thanks grandmaj and I was seeking confirmation before I said, we really can't say with any kind of confidence what kind of shoes she was wearing. She could have received other shoes to wear while at her fathers house.

And to add even less certainty, she could have bought new shoes at the Dollar Store or Alco Dept store on Sunday 12/26.

Here's the thing that keeps me shaking my head about yesterday's mystery man bombshell. Why on God's green earth would Billie release this to the press if not to deflect attention away from SA and/or herself? Doesn't appear that LE approved that information to be released. So, if you really believe that mystery man may have taken your daughter, wouldn't you avoid doing anything to tip him off that he was being pursued? Hailey could still be alive. Wouldn't you be afraid that he would kill your daughter and hide her remains if he knew LE was on his tail?

With LE's search area narrowing in on SA's stomping grounds, wouldn't be surprised if more unbelievable jaw-dropping developments are released via Ms. Billie Jean. For more details, stay tuned for the upcoming press conference. :dance:

If LE can't find him, how could they possibly be pursuing him? This is CCPD we are talking about...they have three officers.

My fear is that CCPD may not have shared this threat with the other investigating agencies. I am not surprized at all that CCPD can't find him. I don't believe for one minute that Texas Rangers, FBI and Secret Service couldn't find him pretty quick.

MOO

Here ya go grandma -

QUOTE:
Cecilia G said she had never interacted with Dunn’s extended family.

The first time she saw Hailey’s mother was on television, she said. And Hailey never had spent the night at friend’s her house, even though two were close friends.

M B Garcia, her mother said, had visited the Dunns’ home overnight.

“My daughter, I let her visit her and spend the night,” she said. “And the last time I did, I didn’t like it, because I heard they were walking the street with other kids”

Garcia said she never let her daughter spend the night at the home again.

Later, she said that her daughter told her that Dunn had expressed a desire to move in with her birth father, which Garcia said her daughter indicated led to a family altercation around Christmastime

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/?partner=yahoo_feeds

I wish we knew when the altercation occurred and when Hailey spoke to MB.

Well I don't know Daisy :crazy: LOL Only what that says. :blowkiss: My feeling is this. I think they checked it out as well as they could. Maybe the little boy was actually elsewhere that day(Monday) with his Mom or CD. Maybe LE doesn't want to show their hand on that? Maybe if they could have found a video with Hailey on that day at a store it would hold more weight.

I think we are all guessing. And maybe what Mrs. Burroughs said isn't exactly what LE said about the 7 year old.

BLAHHHHHHHHH there are not many answers from LE. That is the problem.

While I realize the quote is third-hand info, it does concern me that the age of the child was specifically mentioned as a reason why he couldn't be believed. Which makes me think the child may have said this, but it was discounted by LE.

If what the child says is correct, this does not prove that SA didn't do anything to Hailey (based on when he said he last saw her). But, it would show that BD was not involved with the disappearance of her daughter, since she was at work during this time.

You know, some mothers get very jealous and upset when a child of theirs says they want to live with the other parent. I remember my own stepdaughter saying this to her mom, and her mom would be in tears and lay the guilt-trip on her. (Years later and now at 13, she moved in with us last June.)

If BD is part responsible for the disappearance of Hailey, could it be that she didn't want CD to have her? Perhaps she was very mad at Hailey for wanting to move in with CD? Perhaps very jealous?

Heck, men whose wives leave them do this very act of making them disappear because if they can't have them, no one else will.

I do think this altercation at Christmastime holds the key here. And Hailey would definitely have told MB everything as they were best friends. Hailey had no one else who would listen to her. IMO

I can't see her as being angry if Hailey wanted to live with her dad. He said she was in and out of his house every day, so I don't see that living with him across the 2 back yards would be a problem for Billie.
And didn't she go and stay with someone else a year or so ago?
As for the altercation at Christmas... I don't know of very many moms and daughters who don't get mad at one another and do a little foot stomping and yelling once in awhile. It happens. Not saying it couldn't be possible, but I just don't believe Billie did anything to hurt Hailey... not physically.
I could be wrong, it's JMO, and everybody is entitled to their own.

Hah, I'm not BD's public relations manager and think she should say what she thinks and not speak trying to please someone with her answers. It is what it is.

I believe that is what she intends to do.

I hope that the statement will be available to be viewed in it's entirety on various MSM websites. Part of the problem with people thinking that Billie's statements are misleading is the way NG and news agencies cut and paste interviews to fit a timeslot.

MOO

I wonder how Hailey was able to get to events held at night...concerts, etc. Did she have to ride in BD's car being driven by SA. That had to be a lousy choice - like did she want to play in the band if she had to ride alone in the car with SA at the wheel "and SA being in charge of her destination". Perhaps she kept her friends to a minimum because of the "transportation issue". Has it ever been verified with other parents that Hailley often slept over at a friend's house. (Without so much as a toothbrush, and that Hailey would come home the next day and shower and brush her teeth after she got home.) Some kids may do this, but I don't see a planned night away from home with the clothes Hailed was "described: as wearing when last "seen" by SA.

While I realize the quote is third-hand info, it does concern me that the age of the child was specifically mentioned as a reason why he couldn't be believed. Which makes me think the child may have said this, but it was discounted by LE.

If what the child says is correct, this does not prove that SA didn't do anything to Hailey (based on when he said he last saw her). But, it would show that BD was not involved with the disappearance of her daughter, since she was at work during this time.

I have a 7 year old grandchild that is too smart. Really a bright child. Now I've been thinking about this. If someone came to him the next day and said where you walking with Grammy down by the park yesterday he would remember the details very well and say yes.

But if someone said to him what day were you walking with gram down by the park? He might have trouble pin pointing the day. He'd probably remember if it was within 2 days. But if he was not asked for several days I don't think he could say oh yes that was Monday.

Here ya go grandma -

QUOTE:
Cecilia G said she had never interacted with Dunn’s extended family.

The first time she saw Hailey’s mother was on television, she said. And Hailey never had spent the night at friend’s her house, even though two were close friends.

M B Garcia, her mother said, had visited the Dunns’ home overnight.

“My daughter, I let her visit her and spend the night,” she said. “And the last time I did, I didn’t like it, because I heard they were walking the street with other kids”

Garcia said she never let her daughter spend the night at the home again.

Later, she said that her daughter told her that Dunn had expressed a desire to move in with her birth father, which Garcia said her daughter indicated led to a family altercation around Christmastime

If that's true did that altercation lead to whatever happened to Hailey? Was SA included in that altercation?

Good point!! How old is the little boy? I thought about 7, right?
I think what the problem with the little boy is, by the time Hailey was reported missing, and depending on when he was questioned, he might not be positive about which day it was. Children his age have been found to be credible witnesses, but usually when they are questioned immediately.... not several days later.
I am assuming, of course, that this info didn't come up immediately, like the day she disappeared.
I've got a 6-1/2 y.o. grandson. If he was in the same situation, he would remember that it was 'yesterday', but I'm not sure he would be able to say what day of the week it was.

Well I don't know Daisy :crazy: LOL Only what that says. :blowkiss: My feeling is this. I think they checked it out as well as they could. Maybe the little boy was actually elsewhere that day(Monday) with his Mom or CD. Maybe LE doesn't want to show their hand on that? Maybe if they could have found a video with Hailey on that day at a store it would hold more weight.

I think we are all guessing. And maybe what Mrs. Burroughs said isn't exactly what LE said about the 7 year old.

BLAHHHHHHHHH there are not many answers from LE. That is the problem.

Grandma, Hi!
Do you know if it was absolutely positively confirmed that Hailey was caught on video buying food at either the Dollar General Store or the Dollar Store? tia
btw-love your post.:seeya:

Grandma, Hi!
Do you know if it was absolutely positively confirmed that Hailey was caught on video buying food at either the Dollar General Store or the Dollar Store? tia
btw-love your post.:seeya:

I don't think it has been confirmed what she bought. I believe that it has been confirmed she was seen on Video tape on Sunday at a store I'm not sure which one.

If she gives a presser and does little more than defend and make excuses for SA, it will be a nightmare and she will regret not having a PR person. moo

I don't think it has been confirmed what she bought. I believe that it has been confirmed she was seen on Video tape on Sunday at a store I'm not sure which one.

Thanks, I'm heading to the links thread to find a link.

Good point!! How old is the little boy? I thought about 7, right?
I think what the problem with the little boy is, by the time Hailey was reported missing, and depending on when he was questioned, he might not be positive about which day it was. Children his age have been found to be credible witnesses, but usually when they are questioned immediately.... not several days later.
I am assuming, of course, that this info didn't come up immediately, like the day she disappeared.
I've got a 6-1/2 y.o. grandson. If he was in the same situation, he would remember that it was 'yesterday', but I'm not sure he would be able to say what day of the week it was.

:lol: Get out of my head. See my post a few up from yours about my grandson. :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme