TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I caught up. Mystery man, press conference w/BD being planned. Lady getting hair done on day of "supposed" sighting has Alzheimer's. And they found really new looking socks with maybe some blood on them and some hair. Ok, IMO...in this order: BS, that should be good, uh huh, and last but not least - hinky.

For those posters that have been around WS for a while on these missing child cases, how unusual is it to have a suspect two weeks into the case?

I only wish the cases I had been on here, there was direction toward to suspect so early.

Of course I think Casey Anthony was an exception to the rule as far as my cases. So I have to wonder what evidence does LE have?

Seems there has been a case recently where they arrested and charged a young man for the murder of a young woman... can't remember who it was, though I believe it was in another state. TN? NC? Somewhere like that.

Yes, once in a while LE gets really lucky and finds the perp within days... it's not all that common, though.

But I think sometimes it's not just a matter of not having a suspect, but having the proof they need in order to charge them.

Well, I think I caught up. Mystery man, press conference w/BD being planned. Lady getting hair done on day of "supposed" sighting has Alzheimer's. And they found really new looking socks with maybe some blood on them and some hair. Ok, IMO...in this order: BS, that should be good, uh huh, and last but not least - hinky.

What does the lady having Alzheimer's mean? I thought the hair dresser saw Haylie walking with the little boy and a neighbor saw Haylie. Is that neighbor the lady having her hair done?

Continuing a discussion with BeanE from the last thread:

If I am not mistaken, you stated that there is a distinction between being told that your results on a LDT were "deception indicated" and being told that you failed the test. In other words, when the affidavit says they asked her to explain the results of her test, and Billie was unable to do so, she was not told she had "failed" the test, per se, but that deception had been detected?

If this is the case, I can see why she BELIEVED she had been told she had failed. If she had passed, what would she need to explain? I probably would have assumed that, when asked to explain why I was "being deceptive", I was being told I had "lied" and had, in essence, "failed".

Agree.

I've heard several former FBI agents, as well as LE say that in reality they do not call it a pass or a fail, that they use percentages to indicate deception. And often the results are inconclusive.

I have heard about cases where LE will tell a person they failed when they actually passed, trying to get them to break or to roll over on someone else. This is what I think they did with Billie at first, to scare her into either admitting that she helped Shawn in some way or admit that she knows what he did.

Regarding the Alzheimers-- I understood it to mean that the woman getting her hair done could not be a witness to what the hairdresser saw. jmo

I wonder about the hair that was found. I mean, are we talking about clumps of hair, like if someone was trying to escape and the captor grabbed a fistful of hair to try and hold onto (seperate from the sock)....or are we talking about a hair or two that might have been stuck to the sock, like any of our socks might possibly have a loose hair or two on them just from normal transfer. I guess we don't know the answer to this at this point.

Regarding the Alzheimers-- I understood it to mean that the woman getting her hair done could not be a witness to what the hairdresser saw. jmo

The woman who got her hair done (Alzheimers) may have been able to confirm the day of her appointment.

If she indeed suffers from Alzheimers, perhaps an aide, family member or friend, would recall the day of her appointment since she may have been dropped off and picked up by a companion.

GRACE: Billie, when your little girl would go for a sleepover, didn`t the family typically know she was coming?

DUNN: She usually asked me first. And then would ask the other family. Sometimes she would ask them first. I thought, yes, they knew she had intentions of spending the night. They should have known.

GRACE: So was there ever a time she took off for a sleepover without [MB]`s family or you knowing?

DUNN: No. I always knew where she was. If she had been at a friend`s too long, and not asked to spend the night, I need to get ahold of somebody.

GRACE: So Billie, is this the first time she`s ever gone away for a sleepover without asking you specifically?

DUNN: She`s left notes or -- no, she`s let us know.

GRACE: I`m talking about you. Did she always tell you, her mother, that she was going to go spend the night?

DUNN: Well, no, usually if she stayed somewhere it was with Clint, and she would tell [DD] or Shawn, if mom was at work, let mom know I`m going to -- I plan on spending the night with so and so.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Question...Answer. I swear, it just shouldn't be this hard.

When you have a group like the Innocence Project which operates on a national basis and has a backlog of cases to me it says that we have a problem with the judicial system in our country . The truth of the matter is that we have men and women who are sitting in prisons that are actually innocent of the crimes that they have been convicted of .The beginning of every investigation starts with a conversation between LE and the suspect. When I found out that SA hired an attorney it didnt come as a shock nor did it mean in my opinion that he was guilty of anything at all .Like it or not the truth of the matter is that there isnt a single person in this entire investigation who has to speak to LE without an attorney present if at all .Its a common misconception that only guilty people or people with something to hide will hire an attorney.For my family and friends ,they are all advised to never talk to LE without an attorney present and if they have to interact with LE at all they are to say very little.You have to remember that their job is to build a case

I will agree with all you said, except the bolded part. MANY times they do not have a suspect right away. If they do, then they're either very lucky or they have tunnel vision.

Sometimes the "obvious" person is not always the correct one, however. I really hope in this case that LE knows what they're doing. They could be overlooking someone who is sitting back laughing, believing they got away with it.

I don't recall talking about her leaving the PD at all with you today.

What is it you're looking for a source for? I'm happy to help.

ETA: In fact, how 'bout you give me some links to the posts where "you and I have been going around and around about" this "all day". This is ridiculous.

In your post, which I quoted, I changed one section of text to red and commented below it, in red. Another section I changed to green, and the corresponding comment below was also in green. You are applying the red comment to the green quote.

They are two separate issues, and that is why I used colors to differentiate. I hoped to make my meaning very clear, but apparently just made things worse.

I'm just going to lurk for a while. I keep putting my foot in my mouth.

Oh heavens!

I just got a brand new pair of glasses this week since my aging eyesight seems to be in a rapid decline.

I saw this picture and read "Bug Spraying" on the side of it, instead of "Big Spring," and then "Crime Scene Unit" on the bottom.

I thought "What the heck does bug spraying have to do with Crime Scenes?"

Maybe I need to rest my eyes a bit.

Geesh.

:rotfl:

Alot of people faile polygraphs due to being nervous or anxiety. It doesn't mean they murdered anybody.That is why they are inadmissable in court.

I think I need to research polygraphs...from what I understand, a polygraph merely indicates items/sources/places of deception. After identifying "sensitive" or "deceptive" areas, the person is called back into another interview where they go more indepth to determine the cause of the deceptive "markers" --which is the point where BD and SA had their chance to be interviewed again to clear up those deceptive areas. At that point, many times the "deception" is cleared up... So you can SHOW deception during the actual polygraph test, but you can clear it up during the interview. Likewise, you can continue to lie about it or run away and refuse to cooperate.

OT question

Case of the young girl kidnapped by her RSO uncle out west... where is it?? I've went through the awaiting trial stuff and can't find it... LOL

There should be searches going on today right? Anyone know where?

I read that there could be very cold temps Monday and Tuesday and possibly even sleet or snow.

Yes cold front coming into TX this week. It is supposed to be very cold and possible ice/snow even down here in SA.

OK but about the socks. Didn't SA say Hailey was wearing sneakers by then that got changed to wearing flip flops? You don't wear socks with flip flops.

Yep right people I'll search from there since I now have the name, thanks a ton!!!!

I think I need to research polygraphs...from what I understand, a polygraph merely indicates items/sources/places of deception. After identifying "sensitive" or "deceptive" areas, the person is called back into another interview where they go more indepth to determine the cause of the deceptive "markers" --which is the point where BD and SA had their chance to be interviewed again to clear up those deceptive areas. At that point, many times the "deception" is cleared up... So you can SHOW deception during the actual polygraph test, but you can clear it up during the interview. Likewise, you can continue to lie about it or run away and refuse to cooperate.

Dunn explained to Priscilla that she had been questioned for 10 hours and repeatedly asked if she know what led to the disappearance of her daughter. At a certain point, Dunn said she felt they weren't getting any closer to finding Hailey at that moment, and since it was after midnight, she decided to call it quits.

BBM; SNIPPED
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330806

Some folks check on where their kids are overnight; some folks don't. Some folks wait up until their teens walk safely into the house; some folks don't.

Some folks become frustrated and tired after 10-12 hours of police questioning about their child's disappearance. Wonder how many walk out?

OK but about the socks. Didn't SA say Hailey was wearing sneakers by then that got changed to waring flip flops? You don't wear socks with flip flops.

Originally they said pink tennies, then those were found in her room, so they changed it to flip flops.
After that, some people were wondering about where Billies purplish tennis shoes were, and if those were missing. I never heard an answer to that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member