TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the official spokesperson, I believe. At least he talks more than Chief Bivins. If many folks in C-City don't use internet or watch the news, I guess they have to take his word for it unless local radio goes against the grain and questions it.

I would rather he not say a word than for him to attempt to perpetuate lies.

I guess what I don't understand about the amount of the reward....WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?????????????? For pete's sake have we became a nation that won't do what's right unless we are paid for it? I mean most people who knew anything would tell without a reward. If it takes that to come forward it's like rewarding a sorry butt anyway.

ITA! IMO it is like he is trying to 'promote' how AWESOME his community is by offering SO much for a reward for Hailey! Boasts about it left and right. Who cared about the amount...and CYA! It's not about YOU...it's not about your CITY (town),....it's about HAILEY.

I don't see where the reward amount is relevant, hoping the amount would not prevent anyone coming forward. Large rewards have not helped in other cases, although they may make the phones ring more...more work for LE.

I caught back up after being gone 2.5 hours and see I have not missed anything really :(

I can only speak for myself, but my comments are located in my head....

OOOOoooooooo, well while you have them on the phone, can you tell them teh said "$%^&^&%$$# &*%%^$#%@#%$&%&^%$", TIA.

He is, TGI. But I am less than impressed with his handling of the case, and get the feeling he's not really being kept "in the loop" where LE is concerned.

I think he's saying what LE is telling him to say about the case.

Also, the first article i saw about the $25,000 said that the extra money had been "pledged". I guess i'm missing something, i don't see what the problem is. :dunno:

where is the coverage of the helicopter search! I mean REALLY!

and why is it that the colorado city paper reports the fbi is on the case but it was never once reported on when they came ONTO the case!

unbelievable.....

The FBI has been on the case for 2 days now.

Nancy's page says both Billie and Clint will be on tonight.

If Shawn really failed his polygraph that is going to be interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Or maybe he is saying that now that it is coming out that she didn't like Shawn?

Actually, those posts were dated around the 1st/2nd of January. IIRC, the first press reports of a friend saying she didn't like the BF are more recent. I'm sure her family was aware (before this all hit the national news) that she wasn't happy about the divorce, or her parents moving on with their personal lives. Very normal reaction for a child of divorce, and probably more so when they are at the tween/middle school age. MOO, etc

The Hailey Dunn case returns to Nancy Grace on HLN Thursday night, the first national broadcast to give attention to the Colorado City teen's disappearance.

KTAB is told the first 45 minutes of the show, which airs from 7 to 8 p.m., will cover the latest developments in Dunn's disappearance.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

I wish I was more hopeful that a national show would make the difference in getting Hailey home safe, but am having such bad feelings about this case and don't think the outcome will be anything but local...:(

I am wondering "whom" from that neighborhood/friends circle works in that hotel. Check out time should be 12 and maybe check in time 3 p.m.

We still see no cadaver dogs brought forth today.

I think he's saying what LE is telling him to say about the case.

Also, the first article i saw about the $25,000 said that the extra money had been "pledged". I guess i'm missing something, i don't see what the problem is. :dunno:[/QUOTE

ITA, this city mgr is former FBI reportedly, he probably did not get a degree in public relations. No doubt, he is trying to talk to the citizens that employee him not us WSers and do damage control. He is not a spin doctor. As the city mgr. however he does need to protect the city's (taxpayers) liability.

I guess what I don't understand about the amount of the reward....WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?????????????? For pete's sake have we became a nation that won't do what's right unless we are paid for it? I mean most people who knew anything would tell without a reward. If it takes that to come forward it's like rewarding a sorry butt anyway.

IMO, the difference is that I have printed out over 400 posters and sent them to rural areas, where I had co-workers posting them all over---twice---only to learn later that the amount had never been confirmed.

While personally, I could care less if there was a reward or not, as it wouldn't prevent me from doing "what's right"; however, since a reward is aimed at motivating those individuals who do care to provide information they might have, it just might make a difference in someone speaking up---or not.

IMO, if it takes rewarding a sorry butt to bring Hailey home, then I'm ok with that!

IMO, the difference is that I have printed out over 400 posters and sent them to rural areas, where I had co-workers posting them all over---twice---only to learn later that the amount had never been confirmed.

While personally, I could care less if there was a reward or not, as it wouldn't prevent me from doing "what's right"; however, since a reward is aimed at motivating those individuals who do care to provide information they might have, it just might make a difference in someone speaking up---or not.

IMO, if it takes rewarding a sorry butt to bring Hailey home, then I'm ok with that!

I totally agree, but you know, in the cases Natalee Holloway, Morgan Harrington, etc., rewards have not helped solve the horrible crimes.

I understand why it's important to you. But honestly having to have rewards to get someone to tell what they know about a missing child, it really a sad reflection on what society has become. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx