TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it really gets me thinking they are sitting there thinking, "Ok, so it's $10,000.00, that won't make me talk, but if they up it to $25000.00, then I will, Yeah, Then I will." It's almost like putting a price tag on something that should not have price tags.

Sadly, the amount of the reward can sometimes make a difference in who a suspects "friends" are and what they are willing to ellaborate on. Particularly in hard times... The more the $$, the deeper people will dig for information at times.
This appears to be a VERY tight knit community and I honestly can't imagine anyone with direct knowledge not coming forward by now.
Bring Hailey home!

Actually, those posts were dated around the 1st/2nd of January. IIRC, the first press reports of a friend saying she didn't like the BF are more recent. I'm sure her family was aware (before this all hit the national news) that she wasn't happy about the divorce, or her parents moving on with their personal lives. Very normal reaction for a child of divorce, and probably more so when they are at the tween/middle school age. MOO, etc

I agree with your comments. Her family probably was aware. It is important to the general public following the case though. That information combined with the possibility he refused a poly certainly creates more suspicion in my mind toward SA.

ITA! IMO it is like he is trying to 'promote' how AWESOME his community is by offering SO much for a reward for Hailey! Boasts about it left and right. Who cared about the amount...and CYA! It's not about YOU...it's not about your CITY (town),....it's about HAILEY.

Yes...I found it rather ironic that the reward amount increased almost immediately after NG picked up the case!

I suppose some people might not turn in a casual friend for $10K, but would for $25K...?

I'd like to see Tim Miller get in on the hunt.

I agree and have made the suggestion before.... here it is again.

I really think that Billie or Clint should call Tim Miller, Texas Equusearch to come in and search. If I lived in Texas and was in this situation I would take full advantage of the fact that they are in the same state! (Although they will go anywhere to search for someone, it obviously makes it easier.)

The request has to come from family or law enforcement.

http://texasequusearch.org/contact-tes/

I suppose some people might not turn in a casual friend for $10K, but would for $25K...?

I honestly don't think it's so much that, but more of a "remember when so-and-so hung out at x" or "don't you remember that so-and-so used to go 4-wheeling ..." Things that might normally not even be brought to the attention of LE (locations and such) because they were a part seemingly normal activity get called in when the $$ gets higher.

I agree, it should NEVER take a reward to bring a loved one home.

This has probably been mentioned, but does the hotel have a restaurant?

I wish I was more hopeful that a national show would make the difference in getting Hailey home safe, but am having such bad feelings about this case and don't think the outcome will be anything but local...:(

I think the pressure from the national media is what got the locals OFF their BUTTS to start actually LOOKING for the answer. In this case, IMO it made all the difference in the world. Atleast now they aren't claiming she's "just a runaway." I do have faith this will be resolved, one way or another. That little girl needs to be brought back home. Her parents need answers

IMO, there is a hint in Dad's posts that explain why LE may have treated her as a runaway. In one of his pleas to her, he says she can live wherever she wants. So maybe she was very unhappy and wanting to maybe move in with Dad, which made the police lean towards a runaway situation. Honestly that scenario is preferable to what her disappearance will otherwise mean.

I am sad for her family too, a parent's worst nightmare. :(

OMG, crying now. Heartbreaking! It really does not appear to me that this child has run away, but i'm wishing with all my heart that that is the case. At least she can come home again that way. Taking a self imposed break.

I agree with your comments. Her family probably was aware. It is important to the general public following the case though. That information combined with the possibility he refused a poly certainly creates more suspicion in my mind toward SA.

I agree with your sentiment, it does give a bad appearance (if these reports are accurate). Having this kind of national exposure is a double-edged sword. Hopefully, it will get HD back to her loved ones. Meanwhile, the media glare and the fallout of public opinion has to be difficult for everyone involved, KWIM?

I am fervently hoping that she has come to no harm, that she's alive and well somewhere. I guess I'd have to place myself on the fence as far as what really happened or who might be involved if it's a case of foul play. I just don't have enough in the way of facts to feel sure one way or another.

I think he's saying what LE is telling him to say about the case.

Also, the first article i saw about the $25,000 said that the extra money had been "pledged". I guess i'm missing something, i don't see what the problem is. :dunno:[/QUOTE

ITA, this city mgr is former FBI reportedly, he probably did not get a degree in public relations. No doubt, he is trying to talk to the citizens that employee him not us WSers and do damage control. He is not a spin doctor. As the city mgr. however he does need to protect the city's (taxpayers) liability.

IMO He's a blantant liar.

With the way LE has been searching the shed, the home, etc taking bags of evidence of some kind...I do not get the feeling that LE believes Hailey is a runaway any longer.

anyone have a # for Kampfer please PM it to me. I have a comment or two I'd like to share with him.

Good luck!!! LOL---If you can't reach him maybe you could try his wife and she can tell him to put a sock in it! Grrrr....

I understand why it's important to you. But honestly having to have rewards to get someone to tell what they know about a missing child, it really a sad reflection on what society has become. That's all I'm saying.

I gotcha - I figured it out after I had posted that - sorry!

I am just so #$$% at how he's "seemingly" trying to be the hero now---when we know the "real - deal"!

And yes - you are 100% right---it's a sad, sad day when $ has become the sole motivator for doing the right thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop