TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very, very sorry for what you went through, and I sincerely hope you are able to cope with the aftermath. Your story is so much like so many other girls, this is what happens in many homes and it is horrifying!

I take it that you didn't try to tell your mother about the abuse because you wanted to protect her? But even if you had, she might have been one of those who didn't believe it, or was too scared to do anything about it. This happens a lot, and I've been told that many moms are in complete denial, and refuse to accept the truth. Some mothers say they have nowhere else to go, or they're afraid of their spouse, that he might kill them or the child.

Nearly all abusers will try to make the child feel guilty, that it's their fault, and either threaten them or the rest of the family if they tell the truth. Don't ever think you did anything wrong! You were a child, you had your reasons for not telling someone. So many girls never report it, so you are not alone. But your mother was the adult, she should have been protecting you!

Again, I am so sorry for what happened. May God bless your life and help you to heal!!

Thanks so much.
I do remember telling my mom more than once that i didn't want him to come in my room at night anymore to "pray".
That was his excuse.
I told her that i couldnl't sleep cuz he was always in there at night and please make him stop.
To this day, she says she never remembers me asking her that at all. :(
She seems to be in denial. :( :(

maybe i need to take a little drive 2morrow and check it out myself

OMG, yes it is 87, the road from Lubbock towards Lamesa. I didn't even think of saying what road and just assumed it was the only one. Sorry. Also, I don't know what color blue Haylie was wearing. This was a med. blue I guess, and I don't know if we'd already passed O'Donnell or not, but am positive about the sign and the sign that said Draw.

Just more blowing of hot air by Billie Dunn trying her best to take focus away from her beloved boyfriend. I've no desire to sit and watch her continue to try to make excuses for his being named a suspect and I certainly have no desire to sit and watch her try to throw someone else under the bus. Best thing she can do is leave the press conferences to LE.

~jmo~

Did the paper make a mistake when quoting BD in this article or is she really calling herself by her first name?

That's what I thought at first, but I think what she is doing is saying what was said to LE when the threat was reported. I can't think of a better way to express that...I hope you know what I mean. lol

CZ posted on here last night that she had the actual statement in hand and was typing it out for BD.

So she is proofreading it and typing it up for BD?Why can't she give her own explanation of things?I don't understand why she can't speak for herself and tell what happened in the disappearance of her own child. KWIM

Could someone please post the best tip line phone number to use for this case?

Just more blowing of hot air by Billie Dunn trying her best to take focus away from her beloved boyfriend. I've no desire to sit and watch her continue to try to make excuses for his being named a suspect and I certainly have no desire to sit and watch her try to throw someone else under the bus. Best thing she can do is leave the press conferences to LE.

~jmo~

Well MB and the little boy didnt work so now shes got to use the "cousin Joe" approach.

He's someone the "whole family knows well", yet nobody bothered to tell her that he threatened her AND Hailey? Gimme a break!

Really? I thought CZ posted that the person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends nor connected to SA.

Soyesterday, it is interesting that you state right up front that your stepfather was a pastor. In my work with emergency shelter teenage girls, most of the adult male abusers were men in some kind of position of authority. Much can be said about that; one thing is that it made it VERY hard for girls to tell. Most were told that no one would believe them if they DID tell. So sorry about your experience. Its also interesting that many girls reported they were MORE hurt/traumatized by their mother's failure to protect/support than they were by the sexual abuse itself. ***hugs***

ETA: I am soooo hoping this was NOT what was going on with Hailey.

I was never threatened... I was pretty young though, i just knew something about what was going on was NOT ok but because i enjoyed the attention I thought I'd be in trouble.

Hi
Of course you don't have to answer, but was the person that was abusing you someone outside of your family?
That's one thing that i remember is i never....not even once....liked the attention from him that way. I was so repulsed from it.
I mean i had a dad that stayed in my life already.
But this was my step dad since i was like 3 years old and i had a father/daughter relationship w/ him too.
So when this started happening, i was horrified. It wasn't something that i ever wanted that kind of attention from him at all.
But i know alot of kids that have gone through that that did in some ways like the attention and that made them feel even more guilty. :( Even though it wasn't their fault.
I did though......like the attention from other guys alot. Way too much.
I couldn't get enough of that for sure.
Were you a teenager or a little girl? :(
Sorry if i asked too many questions.
You can tell me to butt out.
I AM sorry what happened to you too.
There's too much of this out there. :(

So she is proofreading it and typing it up for BD?Why can't she give her own explanation of things?I don't understand why she can't speak for herself and tell what happened in the disappearance of her own child. KWIM

Because they have to go thru all the inconsistancies that have been pointed out here so she can explain them away and get her stories straight.
Watch and see how many are recognized.

Really? I thought CZ posted that the person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends nor connected to SA.

I don't know,I thought CZ had just talked to BD and came back to tell what she had told her to say to us.I guess it's in the thread from last night,I can't keep up.

I'm going to take SA at his word. No doubt about it---look at me and Billie!

Because they have to go thru all the inconsistancies that have been pointed out here so she can explain them away and get her stories straight.
Watch and see how many are recognized.

100% spot on with your assessment concernedmother!!!

~jmo~

I'm still pondering about how a mother and daughter could "wrong" an adult man? BD says in that article that he only threatened BD and Hailey. Was this someone they bought something from and possibly "conned" him down on the price? Possibly a home "contractor" that did work and Bd didn't pay? Possibly bought a dog from? Car repairs? I just don't get it.

HOW could a mother and daughter "wrong" a grown man? Such an odd choice of words.

Soyesterday, it is interesting that you state right up front that your stepfather was a pastor. In my work with emergency shelter teenage girls, most of the adult male abusers were men in some kind of position of authority. Much can be said about that; one thing is that it made it VERY hard for girls to tell. Most were told that no one would believe them if they DID tell. So sorry about your experience. Its also interesting that many girls reported they were MORE hurt/traumatized by their mother's failure to protect/support than they were by the sexual abuse itself. ***hugs***

Definately.
I thought my mom would be more disgusted by this and hurt by all this when she finally found out the truth.
I mean i felt like i suffered all the years "for her" to keep her safe and happy and then when she found out a few years ago, it wasn't the reaction i had expected at all.
I felt like she "mourned" the life she thought we all had for a few weeks and then was ready to move on......and w/ him still.
It wasn't fair. It isn't fair.
And yes, alot of abuse seems to be from pastors....Christians.....people who you wouldn't expect.......it's too much.....

QUOTE=passionflower;6078866]sounds like a Cindy A trick[/QUOTE]

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:[

he did make the threats towards me and Hailey only. He felt like we had wronged him."
How could a little girl WRONG an adult man? Come on, really?
Just threatened her and Hailey? WHY?

I don't know,I thought CZ had just talked to BD and came back to tell what she had told her to say to us.I guess it's in the thread from last night,I can't keep up.

01/28 Post

Quoting CZ's last paragraph (don't know how to bring over post):
BBM

The person who made the threat is not one of Billie's friends (or connected to SA). I can't say anything more about him. LE has been looking for him even before they told Billie.

Sorry, I don't know how to quote a post from a closed thread. The link to the post is below.

CZ Sez...
"Yes, I suppose that is correct. Although I actually have her statement and timeline here so that I can type it up for her, so I do not want to give the impression that he is going to actually look at exactly what she is going to say and give it his 'stamp of approval.'"

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6075341&postcount=236"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6075341&postcount=236[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen