TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand taking a shot at CD for not working... when her own BF also walked out of a perfectly fine job (as far as we know). Isn't he also 'not working'? The scales seem off balance here.

Actually, why poke at CD anyway? Does she have such a vengeance for him that she has a need to smear his name through a public press conference?

She's getting what she needs. She has donations. She had Somer Thompson's mom there. Why drag CD through the mud... When the other parent of your child is also suffering, that is stooping very low, IMHO.

I have lost all respect for this woman.

Well after todays timeline SA couldnt have done it either. So end of case until LE names another suspect.

I do not think BD has any involvement in the disappearance of HD. I think this "press conference" is her way of keeping things going forward in this investigation. I would also argue that her usage of the media accomplishes more than CD passing flyers. I do not think CD is involved either and I do not think it is about choosing sides. As far as the remarks made by BD regarding LE or CD, that is just frustration. BD does not know why all of these sightings of HD are discredited, all she can do is believe that they are true. If CDs gf NS saw HD that afternoon or evening, then later said she doesn't know if she did or not, I can see why BD would want to point that out. She wants every rock looked under and I respect that. It doesn't help her case to be in denial about SA, we can all agree on that, but again she is just taking him at his word at this time. Does she think SA is involved? No, she has said so. So if that is what she believes it makes sense to me that she would be frustrated about other leads not being pursued as vigorously as she would like them to be. Could that come back and bite her? Of course, SA looks great as a suspect. She is a mother whose child is missing, and after a month of this is probably a wreck. I am sure LE knows a lot more than they are willing to share with even BD. So why is everyone faulting her for trying, in her way, to make sure that all is being done to find HD?

Wow JB, great first post. Welcome and I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm not sure I'm buying SA's excuse for his cell pings in Colorado City that morning (driving through town). Someone posted the link to the expert's statement on NG a few posts back (thanks) and I'm going to look for his statement. Didn't the expert say they could pinpoint a cell ping within an acre of where the phone was located?

You know, the story is changing now. No one mentioned Dunn earlier. I guess once those cell phone pings told the story, I believe SA's timeline of events was changed to fit the pings.

Though I don't necessarily think BD had hands on responsibility, I do find her statements in the press to be very suspicious. Because she's been cleared as a POI, her statements in MSM can still be discussed, right?

It's certainly moved along a lot faster than Kyron's case.

We have a named suspect, SW affidavits that tell us - sworn by LE - that the named suspect showed positive on Hailey's location, and walked out of his poly.

And sworn by LE in an affidavit that the mom failed on participation in Hailey's disappearance and walked out of her poly.

I love it - no guessing on who's involved here, and who LE's looking at! Shawn and Billie.

O/T, I told H this morning I had a weird dream and couldn't remember it, but this post reminded me I dreamed Kyron was found. Don't know why, and too bad I'm not a psychic.

I do not think BD has any involvement in the disappearance of HD. I think this "press conference" is her way of keeping things going forward in this investigation. I would also argue that her usage of the media accomplishes more than CD passing flyers. I do not think CD is involved either and I do not think it is about choosing sides. As far as the remarks made by BD regarding LE or CD, that is just frustration. BD does not know why all of these sightings of HD are discredited, all she can do is believe that they are true. If CDs gf NS saw HD that afternoon or evening, then later said she doesn't know if she did or not, I can see why BD would want to point that out. She wants every rock looked under and I respect that. It doesn't help her case to be in denial about SA, we can all agree on that, but again she is just taking him at his word at this time. Does she think SA is involved? No, she has said so. So if that is what she believes it makes sense to me that she would be frustrated about other leads not being pursued as vigorously as she would like them to be. Could that come back and bite her? Of course, SA looks great as a suspect. She is a mother whose child is missing, and after a month of this is probably a wreck. I am sure LE knows a lot more than they are willing to share with even BD. So why is everyone faulting her for trying, in her way, to make sure that all is being done to find HD?

:heartbeat: I could hug you for this post. I have been trying to get the same words out when typing, without upsetting anyone (I love my WS family).

NOW would be a great time for her to get a lawyer and shut up. And I bet she's talking on the phone with him...

Does it not make you look like you are not a creditable person when you change your statements so much? How is that legal? She has to have broken a law now?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

What happened to the 'deer in the headlights' look that DD encountered when he came home? :waitasec:

I don't understand taking a shot at CD for not working... when her own BF also walked out of a perfectly fine job (as far as we know). The scales seem off balance here.

Actually, why poke at CD anyway? Does she have such a vengeance for him that she has a need to smear his name through a public press conference?

She's getting what she needs. She has donations. She had Somer Thompson's mom there. Why drag CD through the mud... When the other parent of your child is also suffering, that is stooping very low, IMHO.

I have lost all respect for this woman.

That's what I was wondering..How does that help bring Hailey home in any way? ...and what if she were to come home and hear what her mom said? IMO, Clint has gone far and beyond the call of duty in making sure he didn't make any such remarks about BD..Speaks Volumes to me....

Both states I've lived in have both state ids and license. Perhaps records are kept if people have had both types of state ids. Maybe in Texas everyone has both...idk, never lived there.

I know in CT once you get your DL you're supposed to turn in your State ID.

Well, I hope that Billie receives a flood of tips to help her find Hailey following her presser.

I hope that one of those tips bring Hailey home.

I hope that DD is able to return home.

Does anyone have info on how many children have been found by the 3 search organizations involved?

Respectfully, Salem....the only portion that contained quotes was this:

BBM

Billie Dunn was considered a "person of interest" in the investigation, but has been ruled out, said Pete Kampfer, spokesperson for the investigation.

Why didn't they quote the whole portion if that was really what he said?

You are right salvarenga, but it is just a technicality. LE is saying she is cleared. We need to roll with that.

We can still discuss what has been published and theorize and speculate, but we need to remember at this point BD is a victim. This will be a difficult line to walk - because there are many inconsistencies all over the place and those can be discussed. Just no name calling or being mean, kind of thing, kwim?

Salem

That's what I was wondering..How does that help bring Hailey home in any way? ...and what if she were to come home and hear what her mom said? IMO, Clint has gone far and beyond the call of duty in making sure he didn't make any such remarks about BD..Speaks Volumes to me....

I think the jab at CD may have been out f pure resentment. HIS name isn't being drug through the mud, his life isn't being picked a part as much, his gf isn't being pointed at for this and I think it is unnerving to her. Kind of like a "why isn't anyone picking on him and his side of the family?" or "hey why isn't anyone gossiping about him, so let me throw a few blows in his direction."

This is just my opinion, but it's how it seems to come off to me.

I've been googling like crazy trying to find an actual quote from Kampfer saying that BD has been ruled out, but I cannot. The only thing I get is the little blurb from the latest Big Country article, which isn't a quote, but just says that Kampfer says she has been ruled out.

Anyone else have any luck finding a direct quote?

Now that we are here...after the presser and the quote about BD being cleared as a POI, I only have this:

Is their anyone out there that has any useful information that helps find Hailey Dunn????

Quoting myself to clarify..In this last month I have not seen an interview, or press report where those closest to Hailey have contributed anything helpful to the end of finding this beautiful young lady. iykwim. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman