TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly unlucky... under suspicion... while someone else is getting away with taking his girlfriend's daughter.... you mean like Amber Dubois' stepfather???

Yep... very well could be.

Yeah, I do.
I've always thought that SA looks like a good suspect, but that's as far as it goes. He could just be incredibly unlucky and someone else is getting away with taking Hailey.

No one is going to convince me that the amount of traffic down that street on Monday January 31 is the same as it was on Monday December 27. There is no way.

My cousin was arrested for a NON homicide, that was fairly well publicized. It barely made it to the front page/top story for a few days. Nothing like Hailey's case at all.

The traffic in front of the house went from 1 or 2 cars an hour to 12 or more. A car went by at least every 5 minutes. There was barely time to run out to get the mail, take the garbage out, or run out and jump in your own vehicle before the next car came by. His case never even made it out of the STATE news media. The media was never camped out in front of the house. There was never news conferences.

There are people driving by, just to drive by. There are people driving by to yell mean things. There are FAR more people driving by that house than there was on Monday December 27th. Just like Caylee's and Zahra's and all the others. :twocents:

I want to bring up also from the p.c. video the amount of car traffic going down that street. Now thats an example of what its like there at 1:00 in the afternoon on a Monday.

Or maybe it just means that an arrest will not take place UNTIL that time.

Since it's not a direct quote... he could have said "We will keep searching until we find Hailey. We will not make an arrest unless we sadly find a body."

I don't think there is any way, whether they know who did it or not... that they could immediately arrest someone upon finding a body. They would still have to connect them to the crime. They aren't going to arrest them and start the clock going when they just "know" they did it but haven't even processed forensic evidence from a crime scene yet.

Authorities say they will keep searching until they find Hailey, adding that if sadly, they find a body, then an arrest will take place at that time.

When I read this it tells me that LE already knows who killed Hailey -- or is this just more Kampfer speak ;)

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26683465/detail.html

Mel

Pete Kampler made some comments shortly after Billie's "press conference" yesterday. One of those comments stated something along the lines of once Hailey is found and brought home, arrest(s) would be made.

Does anyone have a link to this specific comment, please?

Authorities say they will keep searching until they find Hailey, adding that if sadly, they find a body, then an arrest will take place at that time.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26683465/detail.html

So the day that Hailey was reported missing, and Billie returned home from the police station around 3:00, no one had informed Shawn, yet that Hailey was missing.
As far as Shawn was concerned, Billie was still at work, correct?
Why on earth did Billie say that Shawn called her on her cell phone, around 3:00, and DD took the call and informed him what what was going on.
Why would Shawn not call her at work, as far as he knew that is where she was supposed to be, he knew she left the cell phone there for the kids.

:star1: Good thinking, Jo!

So the day that Hailey was reported missing, and Billie returned home from the police station around 3:00, no one had informed Shawn, yet that Hailey was missing.
Why on earth did Billie say that Shawn called her on her cell phone, around 3:00, and DD took the call and informed him what what was going on.
Why would Shawn not call her at work, as far as he knew that is where she was supposed to be, he knew she left the cell phone there for the kids.

Do we have SA's phone records for Tuesday yet? He may have tried to call BD at work first, then tried the cell left at the home. I'm sure if we wait BD will unconfuse us. :no:

I would very much like to hear the results of MBs interview as I am sure that holds alot of info/background. I dont find her mother forthcoming with credible information. A target for SA? A target to attack her with opinion and rumours?

MB is off limits, as she is a minor. Not a mod, just don't want to see this thread closed. We've been warned way too many times.

Hugs,

Mel

She uses plural pronouns. Could there be a small group of locals collecting funds they are claiming are to help Billie who are not authorized to do so and are not turning the collections over to Billie. Perhaps she was trying to warn OTHER people not to be duped.

"There are some people who are going around demanding or begging for money. I am disgusted that these individuals who never held down jobs are exploiting Hailey to get a handout. I’ve always worked and supported my kids by myself and I will return to work as soon as I am able. I do not want a handout. And if anyone asks for money on my behalf please know the request isn’t coming from me and I’m not getting mone
There are some people who are going around demanding or begging for money. I am disgusted that these individuals who never held down jobs are exploiting Hailey to get a handout. I’ve always worked and supported my kids by myself and I will return to work as soon as I am able. I do not want a handout. And if anyone asks for money on my behalf please know the request isn’t coming from me and I’m not getting money"

BD's press conference statement on Monday when coompared with her previous explanations on timelines and events point out to an inconsistency in "truthiness".

Hi Pondering,

She did speak on camera - at length. As a mother I would not involve my child in a missing persons case - but, unfortunately, the deed's been done.

The one benefit I came away with is how much Hailey is loved and missed by this close friend.

I won't mention her name, as she is a minor. But it's on an MSM linky.

Mel

Are you referring to MB? If so, I've never seen her on camera in an interview, and I'd like to add it to my resources. Could I get a link please? I'm unable to find it.

TIA

ETA: Doesn't have to be MB lol. I haven't seen interviews with any of Hailey's friends, and if they're on MSM, I'd appreciate the links. Thanks!

I'm sorry but I don't understand why BD would not want to involve SA when it was SA, and no one else but SA, that told BD that HD was going over to her dad's house and then to spend the night with a friend. Shouldn't BD have called SA first to see if he had confused MB with another friend that HD may have spent the night with?

On another note, I noticed that not only was BD trying to (IMO) make veiled attempts at putting down CD for any donations he may or may not have received that BD also tried to (IMO) discredit CD by leaving out a significant part of the story about her son needing to break into their home, namely the part of DD going and getting his dad. This story has also changed now from DD going home that day to DD and a friend going to the house that day with them going into DDs room after saying hey, what's up or how are you doing to SA. We have seen that CD said that DD came and got him on that day.

Please, please, please! Can somebody PLEASE post a link to a statement that DD went to get CD that afternoon? I keep seeing references to it, but can't track it down.

Please, please, please! Can somebody PLEASE post a link to a statement that DD went to get CD that afternoon? I keep seeing references to it, but can't track it down.

You lookin' for Monday or Tuesday?

ETA: I don't have a Monday, only a Tuesday.

NG Jan 4

GRACE: OK. Let`s back it up a little bit. Did you see her at all that day?

CLINT DUNN: I didn`t see her at all that day.

GRACE: When did you first learn she was missing?

CLINT DUNN: I seen her the day before. Later on that night, D came over — my son came over and asked me…

BILLIE DUNN: Tuesday.

CLINT DUNN: … or Tuesday, he came over asking me if I had seen her, if she`d came over that day. And I hadn`t.

GRACE: OK.

CLINT DUNN: So it was the next day.

Hi Pondering,

She did speak on camera - at length. As a mother I would not involve my child in a missing persons case - but, unfortunately, the deed's been done.

The one benefit I came away with is how much Hailey is loved and missed by this close friend.

I won't mention her name, as she is a minor. But it's on an MSM linky.

Mel

Can you provide a link to MBs on-camera statement?

Yuppers, and don't forget to add the snark "I don't know why, but he didn't call them".

Really an odd way of going about things vs. just calling 911. I also wonder why she went to the station - did she not want LE at her house, the house, her living room.

Hey, she says it, not me ;)

MOO

Mel

She also says that later on, Officer Anderson(?) came by and took a more detailed report.

You might panic given that your daughter wasn't where you thought she was, but I'm guessing that you keep/kept/would keep fairly good track of where your daughter was. Given what we know in the media, it does not seem that BD is the type of mother to know where her children are at all times of the day or night.

Her 13...THIRTEEN...year old daughter decides to spend the night with a friend that she has never spent the night with before. When this very young teenager does this, she does not ask permission to spend the night, does not expect her mother to meet the other friend's parents, and feels like it's enough to tell her mother's boyfriend that she's decided to do this. Quite frankly, if I'd have done that as a thirteen year old, I'd probably still be grounded (and I'm in my 40s).

I understand that some parents aren't as strict as mine was...but given BD's apparent lack of strict parental control regarding her daughter's sleepovers, I utterly fail to understand why she hit the panic button so soon. Given her lack of follow up regarding her daughter's activities the night she was supposed to be with her friend, it's entirely plausible that there was a lack of communication regarding HD's whereabouts. WHY immediately panic? So HD's friend said HD wasn't there and had not been there...well, maybe SA had gotten the friend's name wrong. Maybe HD (who had, remember, told SA that she was going to her dad's and then to her friend's house) had decided to stay at her dad's and forgo the friend's house. Why panic before making follow up phone calls to see if there was a misunderstanding? It's not like BD was all over her daughter's whereabouts before. Why the sudden panic given the rather casual attitude before?

If I read what Princess of Oz was saying correctly, it was her assertion that BD did not panic until she learned that HD had not even made it as far as Clint's. If she had gone there and then disappeared, the likelihood she was with some friend somewhere was greater. But if she never made it across the street, something had to have happened to her.

I could swear in the beginning it was said that DD entered through the window that he had to break....maybe what he was unlocking was not the door, but the window to slide it up to crawl in?

Might be Texas-speak again, but I think reaching through the window in order to unlock a door would be making entry by way of a window...

strange timing for a broken window .... imo

My daughter once locked herself out of our duplex, with her keys and cell phone locked inside her (running) car. She tried to get in trough a basement window, inside one of those metal half-circular "wells". The glass shattered. The window was an aluminum casement window and the window could not be removed to go get it reglazed. The glass that had come out was really thin, and I suspect, based on the amount of sealant around it, it was a home repair, and that the glass used was from picture frames. I had no clue how to fix it, so we put a piece of cardboard in there, since the basement was unfinished and was where the furnace, oil tank, and washer/dryer were. It kept the place dry, and warm, and it was not until we moved out over a year later that I realized we'd never really gotten it fixed.
Who knows when Hailey broke the window. Could be a while ago.

A List of the Inconsistencies/Lies/Distinct Differences between what LE have stated{thru court docs/affidavits}and what Billie Dunn has stated today as well as in print has a Timeline of the Events according to her..Let’s look..some are minor..some not so much..and some are major..
~LE states on December 27 that Adkins arrived at work at 6am..went into breakroom..purchased a DR.P and came face to face with his supervisor..without speaking one word he walks past the supervisor and he leaves WSI at 6:10am
~Billie states today that Shaun went to work on December 27 at 6am to quit his job..cleaned out his locker..turn in his coveralls..and left around 6:30am

I noted something interesting in the affidavit that might explain some of the apparent discrepancies in what SA claimed happened at work that morning. SA claimed that he quit his job after an altercation with a supervisor, but he didn't say when this altercation occurred or with which supervisor. LE was then informed that there was no altercation on the monday morning. But perhaps the altercation took place the day before, was not a big deal for the supervisor (and so he didnt remember it) but was a big deal for SA. So he just picked up his things the following day and left without a word. That would bereasonable and consistent with what Billie is claiming.

~LE states that Shawn Adkins had firmly said that he ONLY WENT STRAIGHT AND DIRECTLY To his mom’s house in Big Spring and that he did not return to CCity after leaving work at 6:10am.. Along with that LE stated that Adkins cell phone pings showed that he was infact in/around 1804 Chestnut during the time of 6:38am-6:56am as his phone was pinging there during those times. The last ping at 6:56 came from that location and then all pinging ceased completely and did not have any activity nor pings whatsoever until at 9:38am when Adkins phone pinged in Big Spring indicating he was at his mom’s residence.
~Billie states today that Shawn did not go directly to Big Spring but instead after Adkins left WSI he went to his grandmother’s home in the Dunn area. He knocked at Grandma’s and “they” did not answer. At that time Shawn got back in the vehicle and drove the way of I20 to get to Big Spring to his mom’s house..That he did not come back to Ccity and that he arrived at his mom’s residence before 8am as his mom had not yet left for work{which supposedly she leaves at 8am}

The affidavit doesnt say he claims not to have gone to CC, it only says he traveled straight to he mothers house. It doesn't say what route he took, he may have taken the route through CC because that was the way he was used to going even though it wasn't the shortest route that day.

The pings don't show that he was at home in CC, they just show that he was in range of that tower, which means it could be quite some distance away.

By the way, what tower services Snyder, and why did they not mention any pings for that tower in affidavit? Did they not look? Surely those pings would be just as relevant?

~LE states that Shawn Adkins phone continued to ping in the exact spot{mom’s house in Big Spring} from 9:38am when it mysteriously picked back up from having last pinged at 6:56 in CCity.. From 9:38am until 2:40pm Shawn Adkins phone consistently pinged from Big Spring as well as a flurry of 11 phone calls during that same period of time. LE per the affidavit has Adkins in Big Spring until atleast 2:40pm on the 27th.
~Billie states that Shawn left Big Spring before 2pm and was home at 3:00 where he encountered Hailey for a brief 15mins before she left saying that she was going to dad’s for a little bit and then to a friends to spend the night..{obviously if LE have Adkins in Big Spring until atleast 2:40 per his cell phone pings..it would not even be possible for Shawn to have arrived home to see Hailey for 15mins..be given the msg to give to mom..and to witness her leaving Chestnut at 3:15pm of the 27th..NOT WITH HIM IN BIG SPRING AT 2:40PM ON THE 27TH}

Pings don't lock you to a specific location, they just show which is the nearest tower that can recieve the signal. That will likely be quite some distance from the town. Also, the affidavit says "which captured 11 phones calls from 9.38AM until 2.40PM". That implies that the first and last calls took place at those times and were captured by the Big Spring tower. Because these are the exact same time range they reported for the pings, it is quite possible that they are getting the phone records and tower pings confused (or they don't understand the difference). Depending on what the range of the Big Spring tower is, he could have been half way to CC when that last call was made, which would have given him time to arrive in CC at around 3PM. Again, they don't mention anything about pings after 2.40 appearing in CC or Snyder, which you would think was obviously relevant to the timeline discussion. This once more suggests that they are getting pings and phone calls confused.

The comments added in red are something to think about. I don't have a lot of confidence in these cops.

She has no direct knowledge of him calling her at work and being told she had left because Hailey was missing. But he could have done just that. His next call would probably be to her cell. Even if DD had been the one who answered it, SA could have gotten more information from him than the coworker who'd answered at the hospital.

The comments added in red are something to think about. I don't have a lot of confidence in these cops.

That's great..but all of the inconsistencies cannot just be easily explained away.. No one here is on any type of a witch..just stating what doesn't add up..and what our opinions are..

And it was Billie Dunn that stated that Shawn Adkins would NOT have gone the long out of the way route{the one thru CCity} from work if he were going directly to his mother's as he had originally claimed.. It is in NG transcripts per Billie.

And as far as pings I am not confused in the least bit. I have done plenty of thorough studying of how they work{way before this case}..the areas they cover..etc. etc.. I think many understand..certain that I..myself do..down to exactly where every verizon tower is in the whole entire area of Snyder..CCity..Big Spring..etc..nothing has been confused..

So it was mine? I am sorry. It is so hard not to answer posts sometimes.:doorhide:

If it was, then we both did it. I did a hypothetical scenario thing... "is it possible that..."

Sorry for that. It didn't occur to me there would be a problem, since MBs mom had implied the girls had done so previously when staying at Hailey's. And I hope it is okay to say that, or I screwed up again.

She also says that later on, Officer Anderson(?) came by and took a more detailed report.

After the fact of Billie going to the PD..not surprising that LE would want to further interview getting all details..etc for the "report"..

Investigators will tell you that alot is gleaned in these first hours..especially wanting to be at the home..wanting to see if it can be discerned that its not a runaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly