TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since DD is now in Snyder with his uncle, I'm thinking he has probably switched schools?

If so, I sure hope he still gets to play on the football team; something positive to give him some sense of familiarity. Hailey is very proud of him playing on the school team (according to Clint).

A little O/T, just thinking about how weird it would be to have your proud sister just gone.... Praying for Hailey and DD...

Same stuff....different day. No closer to what happened to Hailey. :banghead:
That's the irony of it...same days...different stuff...on the timeline.

(Oh joy! Lots and lots more snow. Just what we need.)

Where is the specific information that the calls he deleted were to BD? I seemed to have missed it, even in my obsession with this case. Thank-you!

In the affidavit:

When asked by Investigator Sides for access to his cellular telephone to check on call history and text messages, ADKINS’ allowed Investigator Sides to look at the phone. Investigator Sides looked at three phone calls that where placed from ADKINS phone to the name Billie.

As the interview progressed, ADKINS provided information to investigators that possibly could contradict some of the information just viewed on ADKINS’ cellular telephone.

When asked if Investigator Sides could look at the phone again to verify what he had seen earlier on ADKINS’ phone, or confirm that ADKINS was correct, Investigator Sides witnessed ADKINS delete information from his cell phone and then hand the phone to Investigator Sides.

Investigator Sides was unable to view the call log information that had been viewed earlier. Investigator Sides then asked ADKINS’ “What happened to the phone call list and ADKINS was unable to give an answer.

and from Billie:

GRACE: When we were told that — when police wanted to look at his cell phone, he started deleting numbers, did he explain that to you?

DUNN: What he told me was, they wanted to see where he had called me at work. He showed it to them on his phone. They said, OK, gave it back to him, and they said show me again. And he says it wasn`t there.

We stash the weed in the N on the sides..... :crazy:

The occassional pot smoker I (cough cough) know is partial to Uggs not tennis shoes.

And much to her very properly raised DH's dismay is known to leave the house in pajamas and slippers.

He has slowly grown accustomed to it but you would have thought I was naked the first time he realized, yes, I am going to the store dressed like this. Don't like it, stay home.

As part of his alibi, SA arrived home close to the time he usually is expected. He expected someone to be there to validate his time of arrival to cover for the fact he was not working. imo

ITA
I would like to know what he told his mother that day when he got there before she left for work (as per Billie, as per Shawn). If indeed he was at his mother's place what was he doing there? Was he faking being at work?

You would think there would have been sightings of his vehicle that day. I haven't heard LE ask for the public to come forward with information like that.

January 10 - post by Billie Dunn's friend czgtz

01-10-2011, 11:18 PM czgtz

Billie only took ONE polygraph. She was going to take one the same day that SA took his first one, but LE told them that his results were off because he took Ativan also, so she DID NOT take one that day. She told LE that she would not take Ativan until she took her poly, and asked them AT THAT TIME if she needed to stop taking the pain meds and abts, which was the only other thing she was taking. LE told her that those would not matter. She only brought it up because she thought on NG that they were accusing her of using drugs to skewer her results. She did not mention the Ativan again because she had already explained that.... she was not trying to be dishonest, and had no idea that she gave the impression on tonight's NG that she was changing her story.

January 12 - Nancy Grace

BILLIE DUNN: They told me he couldn`t take the first one because he had taken the anxiety medication also.

GRACE: OK. What about the second one?

BILLIE DUNN: And the same thing with the one they set up — the same thing. We didn`t know it was set up for Monday.

Since it was stated he got there before his Mother went to work, was there anyone else that saw him that day? (at his Mothers) Is the phone pings the only thing that puts him there during the day?

Yes, those appear to be gauging earrings.

Okay..how old is BD?.. 33...What person who is of this age wants to gauge their earlobes? Why would an older person want long, flappy earlobes?

Frankly, I don't know why ANYONE would want long, flappy earlobes. Gauged ears always make me think of that old song..."Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro?...". Of course, we do have the freedom to do with our bodies etc., etc. so c'est la vie.

However, I suppose if you subscribe to the train of thought that Billie wants to act younger than her age and therefore may have felt competition with her daughter, it could tie in, in a purely speculative way. :)

She is 33, not 83. I hope when I am 83, I'm still sportin' fashion trends that appeal to me.

For Heaven's Sake - how does this help us find Hailey? HOW? If you can answer that in a logical fashion, I will ask all the mods and Tricia to allow this line of discussion. Otherwise, KNOCK IT OFF. It really is not important if she wears a uniform, a tee shirt, combat boots, eye makeup or curls her dang hair. It all has NO BEARING on what happened to Hailey.

Please check your biases at the door before you start posting. It is a waste of time to have to read post after post about whether or not BD likes tatoos, holes in her ears (what those people that get ten holes in their ears, are they bad too?) or eats eggs for breakfast. If you can not logically tie it in to Hailey's missing - LEAVE IT ALONE!

Salem

Since it was stated he got there before his Mother went to work, was there anyone else that saw him that day? (at his Mothers) Is the phone pings the only thing that puts him there during the day?

On NG, IIRC, Billie said that Shawn told her his uncle was at the mom's that day and saw him...

...(snipped)...

January 6 - Nancy Grace

GRACE: What was Shawn Adkins' response when he found out she was missing?

DUNN: He came straight home. He had been pretty upset, he appeared shaken to me also and started being supportive to me.

BBM:

I can’t help but think that the bolded statement above is actually based in fact of how SA reacted WHEN whatever happened to HD happened?

MOO MOO MOO

Re: "while my sister-in-law took me around to a couple of their houses before going to the police station."

I keep going back to this. BD never went to MB's house for a face-to-face with MB or her mother. HD supposedly tells SA she is going for a sleepover at MB's and BD never bothers to call MB's mother or go there. I will never understand that.

I'm beginning to wonder if the changes in BD's timeline, are in order to align with the one SA gave LE. jmo

Re: "while my sister-in-law took me around to a couple of their houses before going to the police station."

I keep going back to this. BD never went to MB's house for a face-to-face with MB or her mother. HD supposedly tells SA she is going for a sleepover at MB's and BD never bothers to call MB's mother or go there. I will never understand that.

That is because it makes no sense.

Of course as the mother of a teen the FIRST thing you would do is show up where your teen was suppose to have been for the night. To see if she is there, to see if her stuff is there, to see is something looks or feels off, and to look into the eyes of her friend (who you know and has spent the night at your house) to see if you believe her.

The lack of frantic rustling up of local teens was one of the first huge redflags to me that someone already knows the outcome because they are not investing the energy of someone who truly does not know and is checking all possibilities.

January 3 - post by Billie's friend czgtz:

01-03-2011, 08:03 PM czgtz

I am on the phone with Billie right now:

When Billie got home from work Monday, her BF told her that he came home early and that Hailey had left shortly after that.

Last edited by czgtz; 01-03-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

January 31 - Billie Dunn press conference

Shawn called me while I was at work that afternoon. I asked him about the kids. He told me that David wasn’t home yet, and that Hailey had left to go to Clint’s, and then was going to a friend’s to spend the night.

THAT IS A HUGE DISCREPANCY IMO. I am sorry, but that is hard to ignore.
This is integral yo the case as well. It is a major difference in the story.

In the first one she says " when I came home from work on Monday.."
????????????????????? That makes it sound like she was dropped off from work, and not at all like she came home with SA, as we have been told.

Just noting for reference, the time of 1:00pm was reported up until Jan 4, when it changed to 3:00pm.

ETA: And that's very interesting to me, because your child went missing that much later, upon leaving your house, you'd sure want everyone in the community wracking their brains to remember what they doing around the time she left, in case anyone saw her, or saw what happened to her.

And there was an entire community focusing on 1:00pm, instead of 3:00pm, the time she allegedly 'really' went missing, all the way up to Jan 4, more than a week after she went missing.

Which could be the reason, or part of the reason, for the change in time. So which is the red herring? 1pm or 3pm?

Oh what a tangled web. Poor Hailey.

imo, both.

per a Beane post, SA said he got home early, and HD left shortly after.
If he got home at 6:30 qm, and she left shortly after, she left about the time his phone was turned off and off for two hours afterward, and turned back on in Big Springs.

I think Salem's post( Salem is a moderator here BTW) was a subtle point, that we are not sleuthing when we start getting into personal appearance. She was trying to direct the conversation away from the surface stuff that has nothing to do with the case.

I think we need to get back to the basics of facts here and not what someone ate for breakfast and not what someone wears, or whether they brushed their hair. KWIM?

We need to get back to the elevated level of pushing some data around and determining where it fits in the whole scheme of things.

January 10 - post by Billie Dunn's friend czgtz

01-10-2011, 11:18 PM czgtz

Billie only took ONE polygraph. She was going to take one the same day that SA took his first one, but LE told them that his results were off because he took Ativan also, so she DID NOT take one that day. She told LE that she would not take Ativan until she took her poly, and asked them AT THAT TIME if she needed to stop taking the pain meds and abts, which was the only other thing she was taking. LE told her that those would not matter. She only brought it up because she thought on NG that they were accusing her of using drugs to skewer her results. She did not mention the Ativan again because she had already explained that.... she was not trying to be dishonest, and had no idea that she gave the impression on tonight's NG that she was changing her story.

January 12 - Nancy Grace

BILLIE DUNN: They told me he couldn`t take the first one because he had taken the anxiety medication also.

GRACE: OK. What about the second one?

BILLIE DUNN: And the same thing with the one they set up — the same thing. We didn`t know it was set up for Monday.

And yet the affadavit states that SA walked out of the first two. Doesn't say anything about him taking narcotics. It does say that about BD though on her first one.

And I pointed out yesterday that the first poly was supposed to be on Dec 31st. BD claimed they had taken Ativan the night before. The discard date on the bottle is Dec 31st so it appears that she just got the prescription the same day...therefore she couldn't have taken it the night before.

She might have taken something else but not the prescribed Ativan IMO. Perhaps that was why she so quickly ran to the doctor after HD's disappearance. She needed something legal to avoid withdrawal since LE was now all over her house?

And why was only SA scheduled for the second one on the Monday? The second one that he once again walked out on according to the affadavits. But BD is stating that he couldn't take once again because of the Ativan.

So either SA was lying and manipulating his way through those first couple of weeks and BD was just believing his carp and repeating it, or she was making this stuff up herself. Which is it?

MOO

BBM:

I can’t help but think that the bolded statement above is actually based in fact of how SA reacted WHEN whatever happened to HD happened?

MOO MOO MOO
Yes that statement has always bugged me to, what was he shaken about ? And the fact that BD noticed he was shaken ? If she thought back on that moment , would that not throw a red flag up for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member