TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the IPhone thing should come into question. Most of her later posts on FB are "via iPhone".

Could be an iPod Touch, or similar device.

Is there a link to her fb? I could not find it via the search on fb.
Did she continue to post after she was reported missing?
Did she own an iphone or use her mom's, dad's or close friend to post?
Thanks in advance!

We don't even know if she took her device with her, do we? Whatever it is she has?

It's her mom's phone correct? I haven't heard that she has it. If she did it would be great since they could ping it.

Children seem to be vanishing everyday before our eyes!
I am so angry that children can not have the luxury of being a kid.
I had that luxury.
Things seemed so different growing up in the 50's and 60's.
Being 11-13 walking downtown to get a pizza at 11 pm was safe.
I look at my little town and would not do that as a 61 year old woman!
My town has changed, new people, drugs,RSO........unbelieveable.
What a horrible change.
God Bless all that is involved in loving and finding Hailey.
There are no words to comfort the parents......they are living in hello right now.

And then there's passionflower... a poster I've known for 2-1/2 years and has a heart of gold.

We stand united, passionflower and I, helping Hailey. Hugs to you locals!!

I just know lots of the guys working on this case personally and know that they want her found safe and sound almost as much as her mom and dad. I just want people to know that we trust these guys are doing the best that they can with what they know and have. God bless them and guide their hands and minds to find her and bring her home safe.

Amen! It's not the fault of local LE that this case didn't meet the criteria for an Amber Alert....not their fault that Hailey had been missing for God knows how long before they were notified. I believe they did what they could then called for help when it was determined that they probably weren't dealing with a runaway. I worked dispatch for a tiny police dept. in Nevada.....and, I get VERY upset with some of the comments about small town LE. It's unfair and unfounded and ill informed. Bless you all...

o/t...why is Colorado pronounced Colo-RAY-do instead of Colo-RAH-do like the state?? :waitasec:

And then there's passionflower... a poster I've known for 2-1/2 years and has a heart of gold.

((HUGS)) from me as well :)

There is nothing on her own page, not since before she was missing...one friend posted on 12/29 about it, and then a few posts have been made by others, about her being missing.

I think we heard she had an ipod, not an i-phone?

Is there a link to her fb. I could not find it via the search on fb.
Did she continue to post after she was reported missing?
Did she own an iphone or use her mom's, dad's or close friend to post?
Thanks in advance!

X_files (I'm Western WA myself):

I saw her old MS today I dunno what cell phone info may have been shown. I don't think that info has been privy yet, and maybe cause it was noted a throw-away. I dunno. :(

I just know lots of the guys working on this case personally and know that they want her found safe and sound almost as much as her mom and dad. I just want people to know that we trust these guys are doing the best that they can with what they know and have. God bless them and guide their hands and minds to find her and bring her home safe.

Not sure how to word this, but the Brittany Smith disappearance in Roanoke, VA is local to my area. I was born and raised in Roanoke and very proud always of our LE, as well as our media. I did get the feeling people not from here were not thinking too highly of our LE. Our LE (police chief) held A LOT of pressers. Some people seemed to be put off by him and I sort of got the feeling they thought because of his "country sounding demeaner" that he was not doing enough. I finally posted that I was from here, and proud of the LE and media and if you "stick around, you may be impressed". I think in the end, the way this man pulled all of the agencies together and the command center he set up was crucial to this case and getting the word out. Anyway, just wanted to say I understand what you are saying. I could see the pain in the faces of our LE during the pressers and I am sure yours are doing all they can and probably not getting any rest either.

Amen! It's not the fault of local LE that this case didn't meet the criteria for an Amber Alert....not their fault that Hailey had been missing for God knows how long before they were notified. I believe they did what they could then called for help when it was determined that they probably weren't dealing with a runaway. I worked dispatch for a tiny police dept. in Nevada.....and, I get VERY upset with some of the comments about small town LE. It's unfair and unfounded and ill informed. Bless you all...

o/t...why is Colorado pronounced Colo-RAY-do instead of Colo-RAH-do like the state?? :waitasec:

I was wondering the same thing. It's such a cute little accent though!

There is nothing on her own page, not since before she was missing...one friend posted on 12/29 about it, and then a few posts have been made by others, about her being missing.

I think we heard she had an ipod, not an i-phone?

Do you have a link to her page? Is that allowed TOS?
I am still trying to find her on fb to avail only findHD sites.
thanks!

humble, thankyou

"o/t...why is Colorado pronounced Colo-RAY-do instead of Colo-RAH-do like the state?? :waitasec:

I was wondering the same thing. It's such a cute little accent though! "

I think they are pronouncing it that way because of the attention or because they really don't know much about that town! Many of them just pass through. Nothing there to really stop for. I have always know it as C-City or run right through the word Colorado with my hick accent!

:waitasec: Their policy must have changed then. They would not respond to the family's request to search for the Wix girls because they didn't have LE's blessing. KlaasKids did respond. That was about 4 years ago, IIRC.

(I do appreciate both organizations, BTW!)

snip
group says it gets involved in a case when it's asked to do so by law enforcement or the family of the missing person.[/U]

A question for the locals.

This is intended to be asked respectfully and is not meant to be argumentative in any way. I am truly curious as to the feelings regarding where the investigation would have gone had BD and CD not taken it upon themselves and called in for all the additional help.

From the outside looking in, it seems that none of the other 8 agencies that are there now would have been there if it hadn't been for a few locals finding this site and getting the proverbial ball rolling in regards to media and suggesting Hailey's parents contact other LE agencies aside from the local LE. It has been said and agreed that the local LE was not prepared for something like this, and they were/are doing the best they can, and therefore they don't deserve to be bashed.

However, do any locals feel that Hailey would still be classified as a run away if her parents had done nothing more than trust local LE?

On her MS or FB.....I think she says she got an Ipod touch last year? I'm not sure...back when someone 1st found her FB or MS it was talked about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne