TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling all oogy and blechy and sad. Maybe I should leave for the night, but please know locals... I understand. Until NG said "200 miles from a large city" I didn't, but then... oh yeah. You are small town like me. In fact, Billie and Clint moved faster than would be expected in "small town like me". And kudos to them. I know your lil town was overwhelmed (although I will have to say that the local polygraph guy may have to defer to FBI polygraphy...) We alll want Hailey home... that's what WS is about. Trust me when I say there is no ill will from any WS member. Peace be with your community tonight. I know what kind of hell you have just received.

I just know lots of the guys working on this case personally and know that they want her found safe and sound almost as much as her mom and dad. I just want people to know that we trust these guys are doing the best that they can with what they know and have. God bless them and guide their hands and minds to find her and bring her home safe.

I think local LE are doing all they know to do. A lot of what they are doing now should have been done a lot earlier. Small town LE really care about their community but just did not know how to handle. I wish they would hold daily briefings just to keep rumors down. I do not think Billie is knocking LE at all. NG takes some things that are said and repeats them a little different.

My heart breaks every time I see or hear Billie, you can feel her pain. As a nation we need to figure out something to stop the abduction of our children, educate LE, Parents, schools, ----I do not know what I am trying to say just that it seems that there are more and more cases..

My gut tells me that this is a stranger abduction.(I do not want it to be the boyfriend) Good night all- Prayers that Hailey will be found safe and soon.

http://www.kwes.com/global/category...d=5447070&topVideoCatNo=121765&autoStart=true

DPS Trooper: "We can Monday morning quarterback all day long....."

If you are not from C-City, and you cannot personally see and feel the agony, fear, the hours upon hours of work and searching and the REAL effort being put forth by the LE involved, then hush. I came to WS to find out ways to help with searches, investigations and how to help in any way. Now I feel like a line has been drawn.
Please suggest ways to help, stop bashing our PD and the rest of the LE that's helping.

Please understand, I think everyone is just looking for someone to bash.

I am scared to think of what this is doing to those officers involved, life changing.

My prayers to them and their families.

Does anyone know how far away Haileys boyfriend lives. Is it within walking distance? If not is there a bus service or something that runs nearby? As a teenager I used to say to my parents that I was staying at a friends house but would travel to my girlfriends then sneak through the window and stay the night. I would make sure I was out of there first thing in the morning though.

I personally apologize to any and all locals. WS always has been pro-LE. I know those guys and gals out there working this case are just as (if not more) frustrated and desperate than anyone. Especially in small towns - I bet a lot of them probably know Hailey or Billie.

For that reason I kinda think the Texas Rangers and then the FBI just swooped in and feathers got ruffled.

Hailey has to remain the number one objective and everyone involved has to find a way to work together to find her. If any search organizations offer their services I truly hope they are welcomed.

I am a local and I am VERY upset at the way that our LE guys are being portrayed. I don't think that people understand but FYI...
Our Police Chief is an Interm Police Chief that has only been a traffic cop. And he hasn't been one for very long.
NOTHING like this has ever happened here so our LE are trying their best to learn as they go.
I know that these guys are working their tails off and I can't believe that people that are on the out side looking in would say things that make our LE look like they don't care about this sweet innocent little girl.
I don't doubt the amount of dedication to their jobs the members of the CCPD have but this case should serve as a wake-up call to small PD's across the country. Every PD should have plans in place which help guide them through this type of thing. I'm sure there are many resources out there that can help with outlining the basic things that need to happen when somebody goes missing. Time is so crucial when somebody disappears every hour spent trying to figure something out is a tragic waste, especially when there are many resources who know what to do. Again, I'm not criticizing their dedication, just their preparedness which is something that I'm sure many PD's and sheriff's offices need to take a look at.

Children seem to be vanishing everyday before our eyes!
I am so angry that children can not have the luxury of being a kid.
I had that luxury.
Things seemed so different growing up in the 50's and 60's.
Being 11-13 walking downtown to get a pizza at 11 pm was safe.
I look at my little town and would not do that as a 61 year old woman!
My town has changed, new people, drugs,RSO........unbelieveable.
What a horrible change.
God Bless all that is involved in loving and finding Hailey.
There are no words to comfort the parents......they are living in hello right now.

It's heartbreaking watching BO. It's almost too difficult to watch as a mom.

So... did she have an iphone and noone knew about it?

I agree the IPhone thing should come into question. Most of her later posts on FB are "via iPhone".

Could be an iPod Touch, or similar device.

Please understand, I think everyone is just looking for someone to bash.

I am scared to think of what this is doing to those officers involved, life changing.

My prayers to them and their families.

I disagree, I think a lot of people are just frustrated. A lot of us have followed many cases and the level of police work we are used to just isn't there. I do not doubt for a second that LE wants to bring her home. I'm thankful they have support from other agencies now because they need it bigtime. JMO!

My wish for all who love Hailey and the community is for peace of mind and answers. Her family is going through a torturous time & an unbearable living hell. Like being trapped in a nightmare & you can't wake up. My heart and prayers go out to all!

Hailey, darlin' girl - where are you?

I just know lots of the guys working on this case personally and know that they want her found safe and sound almost as much as her mom and dad. I just want people to know that we trust these guys are doing the best that they can with what they know and have. God bless them and guide their hands and minds to find her and bring her home safe.

Hugs to you mommaJack! :)

I trust they are too, and I know this has to be hard for everyone in your town. Thanks for posting here.

I personally apologize to any and all locals. WS always has been pro-LE. I know those guys and gals out there working this case are just as (if not more) frustrated and desperate than anyone. Especially in small towns - I bet a lot of them probably know Hailey or Billie.

For that reason I kinda think the Texas Rangers and then the FBI just swooped in and feathers got ruffled.

Hailey has to remain the number one objective and everyone involved has to find a way to work together to find her. If any search organizations offer their services I truly hope they are welcomed.

Oh WOO... you know I love you, WS loves you, and half the North American contintent loves you. You are just that good. And special.

I just have guilt... I'm not Catholic but I'm from IA. LOL

We don't even know if she took her device with her, do we? Whatever it is she has?

I agree the IPhone thing should come into question. Most of her later posts on FB are "via iPhone".

Could be an iPod Touch, or similar device.

who bought it?
who paid for her internet time?
no one knew about this phone?
I'm still waiting for video to load..........

One of the twitter feeds someone posted upthread (I'm sorry I don't have the link) had a tweet stating that the CBS Early Show may do a story on Hailey. Does anyone know if that's true? Should we email the Early Show to get them to give this story some attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne