TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it is important to know if Hailey was saying she was sleeping somewhere and wasn't doing so. That could mean the existence of a "secret friend" of some sort, possibly even one old enough to have their own place, if no one checked with her mom. If she wasn't at MB's on her sleepovers, where was she?

Search for missing Colorado City girl continues

COLORADO CITY — Law enforcement officials continue to chase leads from evidence collected Wednesday from missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn’s home.

A helicopter search for the 13-year-old middle school student who has been missing for 10 days started about noon today.

About 4 p.m., the helicopter landed in a field of brush near 21st Street. Authorities spent time searching the wooded area south of Interstate 20.

20110106-184501-pic-291304117_t607.jpg

more here

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/2011/jan/06/75021/

===========================================

Law Enforcement Moves Forward with Hailey Dunn Investigation

Texas Rangers spent the day combing through 13-year old Hailey Dunn's room searching for some type of lead.

"It's frustrating that it's been nine days," said Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, "but I know that they're working hard, and they're working long hours."

But still no sign of the missing girl.

"I want Hailey to know that I just want her to walk through the door," said Dunn.

more here

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328636

Elite Search Group Closely Watching Hailey Dunn Case

Members of the elite Texas Equusearch recovery team tell bigcountryhomepage.com they're aware of and watching the case involving missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

TES has been involved in some of the most high profile missing persons cases including that of missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

more here

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328916

Update: Helicopters, Billboards Drawn Into Search For Hailey Dunn

<snip>

Authorities in Colorado City are continuing their efforts at searching and getting the word out.

City Manager Pete Kampfer said helicopters have been provided by the Department of Public Safety to help search for Hailey. Search officials used horses and dogs – and even state prison inmates – to search creek beds in Colorado City and the perimeter of the city.

Kampfer said the helicopters are just more tools being added to the search.
"They can be used for not only search but for surveillance," Kampfer said.
The helicopters are also being used to fly in special agents. The FBI has been involved in the case since Monday, and FBI agents interviewed Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, on Thursday. After these interviews were completed, Billie Dunn refused to comment to reporters gathered there.

Kampfer said the billboards have been donated by Lamar Advertising to inform the public of Hailey's disappearance. Hailey's disappearance will be displayed on billboards from Abilene, 70 miles east of Colorado City, to the Midland-Odessa area, some 80-plus miles to the west.

more here

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26391662/detail.html

Yea, I forgot about all that with Marc and TM and NG. What a mess that all turned into.

Still, wonder what kind of repoire TM has with the Texas Rangers? Same state. It would be great for him to come - he finds them and that is his only objective.

Really hope someone puts a bug in Billie and Clint's ear about it - what could it hurt?

Thanks! That's a better way of saying they need LE's blessings. :highfive: That's what I meant to say the first time.

lol...but, it does make sense, right? He would need LE to tell him places of interest to search and stuff.

:waitasec: Their policy must have changed then. They would not respond to the family's request to search for the Wix girls because they didn't have LE's blessing. KlaasKids did respond. That was about 4 years ago, IIRC.

(I do appreciate both organizations, BTW!)

Yes, there is the catch, the family can request for them to come out (it does not have to be LE), however LE must give consent to TES to begin operations. And why would any LE agency NoT give their consent? Hmmm, that goes back to my earlier post of ego and pride.

Yea, I forgot about all that with Marc and TM and NG. What a mess that all turned into.

Still, wonder what kind of repoire TM has with the Texas Rangers? Same state. It would be great for him to come - he finds them and that is his only objective.

Really hope someone puts a bug in Billie and Clint's ear about it - what could it hurt?

Exactly...Tim Miller would be the very 1st person I would call if I had a missing loved one.

I wonder if LE used any luminol or lights in Hailey's room/home?

Yes, there is the catch, the family can request for them to come out (it does not have to be LE), however LE must give consent to TES to begin operations. And why would any LE agency NoT give their consent? Hmmm, that goes back to my earlier post of ego and pride.

I will have to hope that for the sake of the family that they can put their differences aside and approach it professionally...

More importantly to find another precious child

Yeah well....that's a huge beef I have in the Wix case. Before one of the mods scolds me for going OT, click the link below Adrianna's pic in my siggy line if you want to read all about how LE not being trained has affected the Wix girls. :banghead: I know what that's all about and if we were to compare, LE in Hailey's case is stellar!

IIRC, Tim and NG aren't big fans of each other. And, IIRC, Mark Klaas isn't a fan of Tim Miller, either. Lot's of bad blood over the Haleigh Cummings case....

Oh yeah, I'm well aware of the bashings that have gone on amongst them, but you know what, I don't really give a rat's arse. There is a missing child. There are resources and they are not being used, because of bad blood? That makes them just as guilty as the rest of them. Losing site of what the flip they're supposed to be doing. Drop the fricken politics and go back to your roots. These are people who formed these organizations out of their own tragedies, they should know better.

Exactly...Tim Miller would be the very 1st person I would call if I had a missing loved one.

First I'd post here, then I'd start making calls, TES would be at the top of the list, right under the FBI

I really think it is important to know if Hailey was saying she was sleeping somewhere and wasn't doing so. That could mean the existence of a "secret friend" of some sort, possibly even one old enough to have their own place, if no one checked with her mom. If she wasn't at MB's on her sleepovers, where was she?

This is what I want to know. I thought the shed at first, but surely someone would have seen her. Also it would probably be too cold in there. What about her Dad's? Maybe she wasn't allowed to stay there all the time so made excuses so she could stay there and be away from the boyfriend. Her Dad probably covered for her so not to cause trouble with the Mum. I honestly cant help but think that the boyfriend was up to no good with her, but she was scared to tell him.

Yes... ego and pride....

And deep in the heart of Texas...

:)

Me too, Amster! But... that's just cause I know about him via WS. I honestly wouldn't have know about him before 2008.

I just can't believe it is eleven nights now. I really thought the Texas Rangers and FBI would conduct some tough interviews and come out with someone in cuffs by yesterday.

I wonder if they have ever had a situation before when multiple people failed LD tests? That must have thrown them.

Back to the beginning....

At what time on Tues. did Billie go to the police station to report Hailey missing? How did she get there? Did she have her car that day? Where was SA?

She had a phone # for MB. Did she know MB's address?

Yeah well....that's a huge beef I have in the Wix case. Before one of the mods scolds me for going OT, click the link below Adrianna's pic in my siggy line if you want to read all about how LE not being trained has affected the Wix girls. :banghead: I know what that's all about and if we were to compare, LE in Hailey's case is stellar!

OMG the poor mother/grandmother :(

Back to the beginning....

At what time on Tues. did Billie go to the police station to report Hailey missing? How did she get there? Did she have her car that day? Where was SA?

She had a phone # for MB. Did she know MB's address?
She had called her son at her house from work. She asked if Hailey had come home yet and when told no - she told her son to text her friend (MB) and tell Hailey to get home.

He then called MB and found out Hailey had never made it there. He called mom back and she said she left work right then and went to the police station. She said she had a co-worker take her there - IIRC. I do believe it was sometime around lunch time so I'm thinking from 11AM to 1ishPM.

The Heidi Search Center is based here in San Antonio and, although they typically work on cases in San Antonio and surrounding counties, this is their mission statement:

"The Heidi Search Center, Inc. is dedicated to preventing
child and adult abductions and locating missing persons
by conducting community education programs, advocating
community awareness, facilitating search and location efforts
and offering assistance and referrals to those with missing
loved ones nationwide."

IMO, it couldn't hurt for the family to contact them.

http://www.heidisearchcenter.com/

She had called her son at her house from work. She asked if Hailey had come home yet and when told no - she told her son to text her friend (MB) and tell Hailey to get home.

He then called MB and found out Hailey had never made it there. He called mom back and she said she left work right then and went to the police station. She said she had a co-worker take her there - IIRC. I do believe it was sometime around lunch time so I'm thinking from 11AM to 1ishPM.

About 3pm.

http://www.oaoa.com/articles/colorado-58242-dunn-city.html

According to a news release from the Colorado City Police Department, Billie Jean Dunn reported her 13-year-old daughter Hailey Darlene Dunn missing around 3 p.m. Dec. 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx