TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets kind of confusing. She has an iTouch and from what I understand FB automatically uses the iPhone app program to identify posts from such. I'm not sure if there is a browser on the iTouch.

Yes, using any i-device will have it show up on social sites as "iphone" as they all use the same base OS.
If you have access to wi-fi then you can surf the net on an itouch just like a computer, there is a browser that it comes with. You can google, check email, buy from amazon, whatever.

I've been thinking the same things. By all accounts, Hailey is highly intelligent, but just how savvy is any 13 year old girl? Someone knows something. Someone saw her. This is so frustrating.

Exactly! My Haylee is also very smart, but savvy? Hardly, and I do not mean that in a negative way. She is wonderfully still naieve in many ways and I see that in a lot of her friends as well. They are growing up, but certainly not grown by any stretch of the imagination. In my opinion only, it's the rare 13 year old who would be that bold.

They put TES on standby and will call them if they need them. Instead of letting them come in NOW and search.

Hello all. I am a new member to WS, I joined in order to keep up to date with Jonathan Fosters case since I am local to it. Haileys case sucked me in as well because I was so shocked that NOTHING was being said about it on our media.

All I can say to this and all the new "mis" information that seems to be spreading is OH MY HECK! Wth is going on? :( This little girl needs to be home safe in her own bed and like yesterday!! Please CCity officials...do whatever it takes, even if that means letting Tim Miller and his wonderful group do their thing.
(Of course it is only my assumption that they don't have a reason to allow them.. Only my opinion!!)

Just got back from searching out near Buford and Dunn....everyone is working so hard help find Hailey. People have taken off of work and moms, dads, grandparents, everyone is out there combing through all parts of Mitchell County. People are searching near the river/creek beds near his grandmother's home in Dunn as we speak. Thanks to all who are searching!!

Sounds like it is time for the family to get on the phone with the media and let them know about TES being held.... Enough publicity and LE will open the gate. I have no affiliation with TES and I can't even say that I am a fan the way many on here are, but it has been 11 days, TES has experience and manpower and that is needed right now.

Did anyone else notice that on her missing person's poster and in the Find Hailey Dunn FB page album, the pictures look like a webcam photos?
Mother stated that they don't have a computer. We have found out that only 1 cell phone is in the family. She had an iPod, yet we don't know if it is an iPod touch where she can access her FB or MS. I know kids around here can get on their FB and MS while at school on in a computer class. So did she go to the public library or school to get on FB or MS? We don't know if those have been searched.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=37596&id=165260016852020

I have an iphone and it posts as such when i use facebook, my sister has an ipod touch and uses it just like a phone, she calls me all the time, its crazy, not sure if she just downloaded an app for it or "jailbreaked" it, sorry not sure exactly what "jailbreak" consists of as I have an extended warranty on my phone and don't like to do anything that can voic out my warranty.

Did anyone else notice that on her missing person's poster and in the Find Hailey Dunn FB page album, the pictures look like a webcam photos?
Mother stated that they don't have a computer. We have found out that only 1 cell phone is in the family. She had an iPod, yet we don't know if it is an iPod touch where she can access her FB or MS. I know kids around here can get on their FB and MS while at school on in a computer class. So did she go to the public library or school to get on FB or MS? We don't know if those have been searched.

The 4th generation itouch also has a camera.....

Hello all. I am a new member to WS, I joined in order to keep up to date with Jonathan Fosters case since I am local to it. Haileys case sucked me in as well because I was so shocked that NOTHING was being said about it on our media.

All I can say to this and all the new "mis" information that seems to be spreading is OH MY HECK! Wth is going on? :( This little girl needs to be home safe in her own bed and like yesterday!! Please CCity officials...do whatever it takes, even if that means letting Tim Miller and his wonderful group do their thing.
(Of course it is only my assumption that they don't have a reason to allow them.. Only my opinion!!)

Welcome! I'm new too and I share your sentiments on this case!

mom had 1 at one time because she met her boyfriend on myspace, so maybe she just couldn't afford internet anymore, or maybe the hard drive crashed and no money to buy another......

I have been busy most of the day contacting agencies and doing various other stuff. I have not been able to keep up here as well as I would have liked to. I spoke to Billie not 30 minutes ago, and she was under the impression that they are coming. I am about to call TES again and see what is going on, but before I do, would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of what has been learned (and I use that term loosely) today?

Thanks

I have been busy most of the day contacting agencies and doing various other stuff. I have not been able to keep up here as well as I would have liked to. I spoke to Billie not 30 minutes ago, and she was under the impression that they are coming. I am about to call TES again and see what is going on, but before I do, would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of what has been learned (and I use that term loosely) today?

Thanks

Last I saw they were told to be on stand by in case they are needed.

Has anything else been said about the dog tracking her scent to the motel?

On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At one of them, the Western Suites, which is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on the girl's scent in the parking lot. It led to a ground-floor room, but no further. A search of all 24 rooms produced no other evidence.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-refuses-issue-amber-alert-missing-girl-hailey/story?id=12547213

Yes, the dogs got a "hit" in the parking lot. They could not trail in any direction from it however. They were also said to be good in the 24-72 hour range and I believe they brought them out at either day 4 or 5, so this is past their expertise. There was nothing on the surv. video. I am leaning towards this being a false hit, it happens.

ETA, they did not track to the motel, they were drop trailing and were going from motel to motel. I am still trying to track down info as to whether dogs were ever used from her house as the PLS. So far it doesn't look like it, other than some bad reporting that has been clarified.

It gets kind of confusing. She has an iTouch and from what I understand FB automatically uses the iPhone app program to identify posts from such. I'm not sure if there is a browser on the iTouch.

There is safari on the itouch. The difference between the iPhone and the itouch is the phone and a camera. The iPhone has 3G and also uses wifi if it's available because it's a little faster. The itouch only has wifi, the Internet is accessed through safari. The fb app is an apple app and is great but a lot of people I know would rather do certain fb things w/safari whether on a touch or phone due to bugs. I'm dizzy now but hope that might help.

We've only learned that the city mgr. or someone from LE is saying that Billie was not told whether she or anyone else passed the LD...

That is about it, really :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member