TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She just stared. Honestly I did not know who she was, but I was thinking to myself. "If you have the energy to pace the porch, get your shoes on and come and help us search". Then when I was told who she was, I thought no wonder she is just staring at us.

I know each person has the right to have an attorney, however I am always very suspicous of persons who have nothing to hide and then refuse to speak or answer questions. I would think if they had nothing to do with it, the attorney would at least speak on their behalf and answer any questions possible to find a missing child.

Does BD have an attorney? I can not find that she does. She stikes me as the type of mother who would basically refuse one due to the fact she seems to have nothing to hide at all. She seems like a mother who is about to emotionally and physically give out.

There was a mention of her needing to get sleep. Yes she needs sleep, she needs to be keep her emotional and physical health up. I know that in times of trauma that it is easy for a person to think that no way could a person think about sleep but the human body requires sleep and at some point the body will give into that no matter what circumstances are presenting themself.

I find nothing at all wrong with BD needing sleep. She needs sleep, support, care, food, sympathy, love and kindness and someone to find her little girl.

I would be EXTREMLY suprised if BD knows anything more than what she is stating. I would be very unsuprisded to find out SA know much more than he is stating.

I am hoping for a safe return of Hailey. I am also hoping that BD is treated with care. I feel so bad for her. There hasnt been a case in along time that I was just so sure that the mother had nothing at all to do with a missing child.. with the exception of Somer Thompson. There were people here making accusations on her left and right and clearly she was in pain and torn up just as BD is.
I agree with you about attorneys, but in this day & age, sorry to say, they are a necessity...especially in cases like this. The internet, with forums, social networks, instant newspapers, etc...causes too much misinformation & rumors to get out. People, like parents of missing children, need to be legally represented. If nothing else, the legalities, would be one less thing to worry about. I think the dad should get an attorney too. He looks broken. I'm sure there are lawyers who would offer their services, either free of charge, or at a discount. If I was an attorney, I would. I'm worried about these people. As for SA's attorney, telling him to not comment...I can't blame him. maybe he sees a bus, coming his way. Also, with him being represented, too much media & LE attention is redirected elsewhere. It's not fair for the mother to shoulder that attention.

I just want to say..I am in Indiana and wish I could do more than follow a thread and make suggestions.. but to all of you that are trying to find her THANK YOU

She just stared. Honestly I did not know who she was, but I was thinking to myself. "If you have the energy to pace the porch, get your shoes on and come and help us search". Then when I was told who she was, I thought no wonder she is just staring at us.
Well, I guess that tells us where the focus is at........LE is going after him.

I feel bad for anyone in her position. It has to be stressful, and no one wants to believe anyone they are related to could do anything that some want to accuse him of. With that said, I hope she's taken the time to search her own property.

Actually I searched an abandoned building next to the grandmother's property. The Grandmother stood outside and watched as we searched. Someone in our group spotted Shawn, but I did not see him.

wow....you're definitely one of Hailey's angels! That is creepy about grandma watching....

It was said in an earlier post that safety glasses and a knife cover was found, that was true. I wasn't in the group that found it. Our group found nothing.

Majieof3, a lot of people are concerned that LE might not have told people not to touch or disrupt evidence. What kind of briefing did they give you? TIA

I think Hailey was on the phone when he showed up....and, he couldn't take the chance that she hadn't told whomever she was talking to that moms bf just showed up.....so, he had to admit seeing her.

Very interesting theory. I can see very well how that may have happened.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328246

I hope I pasted that correctly.

I find it very odd choice of words that someone that lives in a home with a child and knows the little girl would say tha:

"I would never do anything to that little girl," said Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, "I love her with all my heart"

that is very odd that he would refer to her as "that little girl". He is living in the household and in contact with her everyday.. why not just call her by her name.. especially being in the same sentence that "I love her with all my heart"

I can not help but keep thinking about that quote and statement. It seems as if he subconsciously seperating himself the family bond but at the same time saying love's her with all his heart.. very confusing statement. The "that little girl" bothers me alot. I really think it is subconsciously leaving her actual name and replacing with "that little girl" is a way to in his mind make her not so real that he did somthing.

yes there is ALOT of oilfield here its prob one of the biggest employers around here other than the prison, possibly more IDK but it is also a very popular thing for people here to hunt and fish. alot of open spaces for hunting

I know nothing about oil fields..........are there wells that a person could
be put into? is it a dangerous area?

Actually....thinking about this....he quits/gets fired that morning....says he went to his moms house....then to Billies house at 3. Why didn't he just say that nobody was home when he got there? That he didn't see Hailey? IF, if, if he is the perp....there has to be a reason he made up such an elaborate lie. Right? Maybe Hailey was on the phone when he got there and he knew the phone records could be checked?

Or possibly he wanted or needed more time???? Once Billie arrived home from work if the BF had said he had no idea where Hailey went. There is no doubt Billie would have started looking for her by calling friends and family and then police. By the BF telling her Hailey was going to her dad's and then to a sleepover this set Billie at ease-- Thus, buying him time.

Sadly, it has crossed my mind that IF he was involved or responsible for Hailey going missing waiting until after he took Billie work the next morning would have given him a larger window of time to conceal or dispose of Hailey.

It absolutely makes me sick to even think these thoughts but you are right, Amster...There has to be a REASON to LIE IF he is involved.

I truly pray the BF had nothing to do with her disappearance. And I am holding out hope she will be found alive!

Majieof3, a lot of people are concerned that LE might not have told people not to touch or disrupt evidence. What kind of briefing did they give you? TIA
Excellent question!!!!

And Majieof3...before we pelt you with questions...have you had a chance to eat? Recoup and regroup a bit?

I find it very odd choice of words that someone that lives in a home with a child and knows the little girl would say tha:

"I would never do anything to that little girl," said Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, "I love her with all my heart"

that is very odd that he would refer to her as "that little girl". He is living in the household and in contact with her everyday.. why not just call her by her name.. especially being in the same sentence that "I love her with all my heart"

I can not help but keep thinking about that quote and statement. It seems as if he subconsciously seperating himself the family bond but at the same time saying love's her with all his heart.. very confusing statement. The "that little girl" bothers me alot. I really think it is subconsciously leaving her actual name and replacing with "that little girl" is a way to in his mind make her not so real that he did somthing.

Billie called Hailey "that little girl" on Nancy Grace last night. To me it is very strange that they call her that.

I feel bad for anyone in her position. It has to be stressful, and no one wants to believe anyone they are related to could do anything that some want to accuse him of. With that said, I hope she's taken the time to search her own property.

I can't imagine what his family is going thru. Innocent or not it's alot to deal with.
I also hope she searched her property. There was no chance that any of our group was going to even attempt it, although I would have felt better if she had invited us too. We won't give up. Everyone here is ready, willing, and able to do whatever is nessecery to bring HD home.

I've read it in a previous thread. Someone said, " HD is one of our own". I'll tell you something, that is a community that stands behind each other. It's like every man and woman out there was HD's mother or father. So determined to make a difference.

I can't imagine what his family is going thru. Innocent or not it's alot to deal with.
I also hope she searched her property. There was no chance that any of our group was going to even attempt it, although I would have felt better if she had invited us too. We won't give up. Everyone here is ready, willing, and able to do whatever is nessecery to bring HD home.

to be right on her property would a search warrant be needed????
Best to have FBI do that place............

Is their video of the BF/SA saying that? I'd like to look at the body language.
Thanks in advance!

Billie called Hailey "that little girl" on Nancy Grace last night. To me it is very strange that they call her that.

When my daughter was missing for a few hours, I kept telling these kids to find my kid, then I would say I just want my kid back. I also said find my kid and I won't call the police. I don't know why I didn't call her by name but I didn't after I told them who I was. I just know my brain was running a hundred miles an hour. I couldn't think straight and I only dealt with this for about 6 hours. I can't imagine how Billie and Clint are still holding it together.

I agree with what the PP said. It was something that struck me in the same fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx