TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whats next for shawn as far as court dates? He cant just sit in jail indefinitely without due process. I mean im fine if he rots there but i dont want him getting out on a technicality. Ive never seen something like this w a murder suspect and no news or court updates.

I have no idea, just going with what was said by the PI who I assume knows what's going on. I thought a GJ indictment wasn't necessary to move forward. But what do I know I'm in California. I personally have only seen a GJ empaneled for local government misdeeds. Here, the DA files charges and a criminal indictment is gained after a preliminary (probable cause) hearing is held.

I understand in Texas a Grand Jury can issue a True Bill, No Bill, or Dismissal.
  • In the case of a True Bill, a (normally) felony indictment is issued and an arraignment is set.
  • In the case of a No Bill, the prosecution has the option to go back to the investigation phase and then impanel a new grand jury and try again.
  • In the case of a dismissal, rather than a No Bill, then they can't be presented again.
Maybe an attorney or some other poster can clarify how all this works in Texas, I may not be stating this stuff correctly.

Reposting what I said upthread.
@TobyWong* I have to assume he has already had a hearing. The 90 day clock ran out September 14th, so just not being disclosed. WHY?!!!

COLORADO CITY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC)The case of Hailey Dunn, a teenager whose 2010 disappearance rattled West Texas and was featured on news programs across the country, received more national attention Wednesday evening.

<modsnip: copyright rule, exceeds more than 10% of the article>

Crazy that article just ends at shawns arrest in June!! And nothing but crickets since...you'd think his lawyer would want some forward movement for his client or have it thrown out if they have nothing. I can only hope theres a reason for the silence. Poor Hailey is right.

The case was one of two featured Wednesday on a program called “Still a Mystery” on Investigation Discovery, a popular cable network devoted to true crime stories.

The show featured interviews with family and friends, including Hailey’s father Clint, as well as former Midland-based reporter Jennifer Kastner, and Erica Morse, who took up the case as a private investigator.

Hailey Dunn case featured on popular true crime network | Yourbasin

My news story post above was shortened to the degree the story link is not correct.

Did anyone have a chance to watch it on InvestigationDiscovery.com ?

Who Killed Hailey Dunn
This evening, Hailey's case was featured on an episode of 'Still a Mystery' on Investigation Discovery.

This project was filmed last year, and included Hailey's friends, her father, our team, and even former law enforcement.

It is our understanding there was no update provided at the end of the show about the current status of the case. On June 14, 2021, Shawn Casey Adkins was arrested and charged with felony murder in the death of Hailey Dunn.

Her father is appreciative of all who worked on this project, and asks that you continue to pray that the accused will soon have his day in court, and justice for Hailey may finally be served. No trial date has been announced.

#justiceforhailey2019 #JusticeForHailey2020 #justiceforhailey2021

As someone said above I think he might have entered a plea bargain, and so it will all happen behind closed doors.

The only other option would be covid slowing down the process, but I think his plea of innocent would be public record.

I bet he flipped on someone and now they are building a case before an arrest

As someone said above I think he might have entered a plea bargain, and so it will all happen behind closed doors.

The only other option would be covid slowing down the process, but I think his plea of innocent would be public record.

From your lips to God's ear!

This gives me a little hope that this is the reason for the silence.

The day after Christmas is when Hailey's life took a tragic turn for the worse, and even with an arrest this year, we still don't have an answer of why he/they did it.

Shawn Adkins told the police at the beginning who did it...and he said he and the mom were both responsible. I hope 2022 brings another arrest, and holds all involved accountable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back