TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Texas is a bit different than other states, here's an explanation.

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (b) A person commits an offense if he:​

(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;
(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or
(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.
Source: Texas Penal Code Title 5, Chapter 19. Criminal Homicide
Punishment Range: 1st Degree Felony – 5 to 99 Years TDC.

Texas is a bit different than other states, here's an explanation.

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (b) A person commits an offense if he:​

Punishment Range: 1st Degree Felony – 5 to 99 Years TDC.
Yeah I looked It up too. It is capital murder since Hailey was under 15. So DP or LWOP.

Ohhh, why did they deny that plea deal? MO, 30 years sounds somewhat reasonable to avoid a risky trial. I hope this does not backfire.
So I am hoping it does backfire on Shawn and he gets LWOP. BUT?? If he sees it isn't going like he thought can he go back and take that deal? I certainly hope they wouldn't accept a plea deal in the middle of the trial....waiting!!!

Because, Texas +Texas Rangers + DNA + Capital Murder + DP or LWOP ?

I am pretty certain I would have made the same decision if it were my daughter.

Am I missing something?
It was not Clint's decision to make....it was Shawn's decision. In the article, Clint states he did not even know they were offering him a plea deal. I hope this girl gets justice soon. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths!

It was not Clint's decision to make....it was Shawn's decision. In the article, Clint states he did not even know they were offering him a plea deal. I hope this girl gets justice soon. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths!
Thanks, nannymo. Yeah no I didn't read it (I skim-read most days). I didn't understand the comment, no worries.

I am glad Shawn turned it down. I hope he gets LWOP. Until then, we wait. So close!

d7676827-c83b-4b46-a531-360d68685c4f-s2.jpg

Snipped: The trial is currently set for August 7th, 2023, but both the defense and state have asked the date to be moved to September 11th.

He has aged!!! Looks like he eating well.

I honestly was afraid of this happening. Too many critical pieces missed at the beginning of the investigation. I think the person who said every day that Hailey wasn't found was a good day knows the missing pieces, but refuses to incriminate oneself. Sick, just sick hearing this news.

I'm at a lost for words...a child was murdered and I honestly don't think we will ever know the truth. Those 3 in the home that night have had each other's backs since December 2010, we know one of them did it, but which one....we may never know.

All of this information is coming straight from Clint and his PI (girlfriend). I have not found anything about this in MSM. Is there a possibility it is not true? Wouldn't the media be all over this? I am hoping this is not happening.......
:mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad::mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back