Identified! TX - Harris Co., Fem UP13387, 18-25, in homeless camp, Dec'14 - Jency Whitlock

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a PDF file. If you are on a cell phone or tablet, it might not translate, I think?

Is it possible the body had really been there for years? Is this location really that isolated?

Maybe - it looks like a gas station and relatively new subdivision nearby. There appear to be several large, vacant lots off of this area Cypress Station where the body could have lingered.

(There is something very familiar about this, I can't think of it right now, but it has to do with the location...hopefully it will come to me if it is anything significant!)

Were there maybe some other remains found nearby there recently, not smurfette, but some other ones...?

I agree, but I'm not sure what it's reminding me of. I'm not sure if it's another UID or if I'm thinking of a missing person who reminds me of her. Somebody we looked at for Smurfette, I think.

2005? The fingernail artistry appears to be in the more recent past, imo. Navy blue tips were not big back in 2005 to my knowledge.

Arely Aguilar

Missing Since
Oct 4, 2013
Missing From
Brownsville, TX
DOB
Feb 11, 1998
Age Now
Sex
Female
Race
Hispanic
Hair Color
Brown
Eye Color
Brown
Height
5'4"

Weight
140 lbs

Extra Photo
[Extra Photo]

Both photos shown are of Arely. She may be in the company of an adult male. They may travel to Atlanta, Georgia.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1237018/1

NamUs now says the UID had a "deformity of the nose". What does that mean? Does it mean her nose was misshapen? Could it mean she had her nose pierced?

After that length of time it's unlikely they could tell about a nose piercing.

You're right. I guess it would be similar to Frank Bender's description of "The Girl with the Crooked Nose". He says in the book that the nasal opening (forgive me, I am not well-versed in the scientific terms) will slant slightly to one side if a person's nose is crooked. Look up pictures of the bust he did of the girl with the crooked nose and you'll see what I mean.

OT: for anyone that hasn't read "The Girl with the Crooked Nose", I highly recommend it! A really interesting book that gives you insight into the world of a forensic sculptor, Frank Bender.

Not Traina Jack... she is missing in Saipan.

This is local to me, so I thought I would chime in on a few things. First of all, the jacket. It doesn't get really cold here much at all, so much so that most of us don't even have or purchase winter coats, which leads me to believe the body was put there either in December or January. Secondly, the color of it, orange, is often times representative of the University of Texas (main campus is in Austin) as orange is the football team color. People are insane here when it comes to representing either UT or A&M and football (everyone picks a side/favorite), so this leads me to believe this person was a UT fan. Where she was found is actually closer to A&M than it is UT, so it might have been for a football game maybe?

The nails, the matching bra and shirt color all make me believe this girl took care of herself and wasn't likely homeless even though she was found in a homeless camp area. The brand of the jacket, Columbia, isn't a cheap brand either.

She was found near a homeless encampment, yet the jacket seems to be in good condition. Do you think she might have been part of the encampment or just dumped there. If the jacket is in decent condition, is she likely to have been dead as long ago as 2005?

View attachment 71050

png file of pdf file for tablet users.

This flyer does not say that her nose had a "deformity" but that her "nose may have been asymmetrical." Very few faces are perfectly symmetrical. I wonder if this is a real difference to the NAMUS profile or just a different choice of language. Can deformity mean the same as broken, for instance? People can have asymmetrical noses at birth or they can acquire them through injury. That may does not mean definitely.

IS there a homeless encampment there? I have passed this area plenty and it is an abandoned string of tiny strip malls. Many are vacant but I have never seen enough panhandlers or homeless people to call it an encampment.

And if it is, how was the body sitting there for so long?

I was curious about how an age range had been determined and why there was such a long interval in the estimation of how long the body had been there, so I became interested in how they determined the age. I found this article:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2871409/

The resistance of teeth to environmental influence makes them particularly valuable in the forensic setting. Teeth can remain intact for an appreciable time and allow for an odontologic identification of even very old skeletons provided ante-mortem data are available. Furthermore, no exchange of carbon will take place in the enamel of the mature tooth during life and generally not after death, making mature permanent teeth particularly suitable for radiocarbon analysis.

Anyhow, this is a pretty technical article, most of which I did not understand. However, teeth can provide clues not only to the age at death but the sex and time of death of an unidentified person.

Maybe much of the stuff discussed in this article has not been done in this instance (yet) and maybe won't be done. It always puzzles me that the age range can vary so. It is understandable that the time of death is more difficult to determine. Still one wonders about the resources, both in terms of funding and time allotted on each unidentified person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back