GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it was a coincidence that he spotted her. He was on camera shortly before spotting Haruka, and he was trying to open the doors of a vehicle parked in the lot. If he were waiting for her, would he busy himself with that task and risk missing her? IDK, but I'm leaning toward him being a vagabond on campus and he took the opportunity to attack when it randomly presented itself.

Time will tell, however, and perhaps we'll learn more about his motive.

jmOPINION

I don't think he was waiting for her, but he may have recognized her. I do think she was probably very recognizable and if he had only one prior conversation with her in or near the creek he could have known who she was and she could have told him that she walks along the creek between her dorm and class, so he could have expected her to head down there. All it would have had to have been is her saying "I take the creek to get back to my dorm" with that being all he'd need to know, which I could see her saying that as part of being friendly in a conversation.

I got the impression he may have spent the night a few blocks away in the abandoned building and did not return to LifeWorks.

Now that you say that, this is starting to become more clear. The fire happened first, so maybe he was [temporarily] living in that abandoned building near the campus until he set the fire. It was after the fire that LE brought him to LifeWorks and he remained there for a few days until he was arrested at their facility. It is strange that he didn't try and flee to another city (or even so far as where LE dropped him off), which we already know he came her from Texarcana and who knows what other cities before arriving in Austin.

A few things could have happened in the 2 hours. We don't know that he definitely pounced on her RIGHT as the camera lost sight. He may have followed her for a bit. She might have stopped to text/talk while walking (just thinking aloud here). He may have even struck up conversation? Asked for $$. Granted, we know that terrible things may have happened the entire two hours but I choose to HOPE it was not like that b/c I can't bare to think of it. Its crimes like this where I hope the victim was incapacitated immediately and did not feel harm/hurt/fear. Even though we all know its unlikely that happens, we can only hope and have faith the victims did not endure a long fight.

If she was indeed wearing Doc Martin boots she possibly gave him that limp.

I think she caught his eye and he watched her and followed her. Not ruling out some kind of casual contact prior to him killing her. :gaah:

I don't think he thought he'd be caught. He seriously underestimated LE, and CCTV cameras.

What has really bothered me since the start of this case is the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center whole back wall is floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the creek...It feels like a case of 'if only' ...If only an event had been going on...Will be in that building this weekend for an event...wrong weekend, wrong time.

So you are thinking - kill Hakura (after living in the abandoned building), stayed IN the abandoned building after the kill, that next day tries to burn things but the PD brought him to the local lifeworks facility? He may not have had a chance in his mind. He probably thought he was fine. I mean come on, the du****s set a fire close enough to have a witness see and report it. He probably had no means to leave town and I dont think we've seen his face yet, correct? She may have beat the hell out of him.

A few things could have happened in the 2 hours. We don't know that he definitely pounced on her RIGHT as the camera lost sight. He may have followed her for a bit. She might have stopped to text/talk while walking (just thinking aloud here). He may have even struck up conversation? Asked for $$. Granted, we know that terrible things may have happened the entire two hours but I choose to HOPE it was not like that b/c I can't bare to think of it. Its crimes like this where I hope the victim was incapacitated immediately and did not feel harm/hurt/fear. Even though we all know its unlikely that happens, we can only hope and have faith the victims did not endure a long fight.

I wasn't really thinking that he harmed her for the entire two hours - I think he incapicated and did what he did rather quickly. I also am now thinking he was nursing his own injuries for awhile. Perhaps he spent some time covering up as well. IDK.

But, my dismay is that he was so close to activity on campus for all that time and was undiscovered. Everything is unsettling, including that.

I wasn't really thinking that he harmed her for the entire two hours - I think he incapicated her and did what he did rather quickly. I also am now thinking he was nursing his own injuries for awhile. Perhaps he spent some time covering up as well. IDK.

But, my dismay is that he was so close to activity on campus for all that time and was undiscovered. Everything is unsettling, including that.

Now that you say that, this is starting to become more clear. The fire happened first, so maybe he was [temporarily] living in that abandoned building near the campus until he set the fire. It was after the fire that LE brought him to LifeWorks and he remained there for a few days until he was arrested at their facility. It is strange that he didn't try and flee to another city (or even so far as where LE dropped him off), which we already know he came her from Texarcana and who knows what other cities before arriving in Austin.

I hope she gave him a concussion!

this is weird...and I have to mention it. I work at an accounting firm near DC. Someone just called from UT-Austin. Of course business/tax related but STILL. creepy.

However he did it, two hours seems like a long time. And then when we do see him on camera, he isn't in any hurry. Maybe his injuries were painful enough or bloody enough that he needed time to recover a bit before moving on?
jmo

Maybe when he put the knife to her throat she instantly turned around and got knifed in the throat rendering her non-vocal while she put up a fight. She was probably ultra strong like a martial artist in being thin but very strong, where she might have been to have won the fight even with the height and weight difference but for him being armed. She could have beat the living daylights out of him, but the knife won the day but he may have been left dazed and injured for hours.

So you are thinking - kill Hakura (after living in the abandoned building), stayed IN the abandoned building after the kill, that next day tries to burn things but the PD brought him to the local lifeworks facility? He may not have had a chance in his mind. He probably thought he was fine. I mean come on, the du****s set a fire close enough to have a witness see and report it. He probably had no means to leave town and I dont think we've seen his face yet, correct? She may have beat the hell out of him.

I don't think he thought this through.
What time was the fire reported? Early Monday morning like 2am or 8am? I don't seem to recall the time a trash fire was reported. and good for the concerned neighbor! She helped catch this guy.

I don't think he thought this through.
What time was the fire reported? Early Monday morning like 2am or 8am? I don't seem to recall the time a trash fire was reported. and good for the concerned neighbor! She helped catch this guy.

It's been said early in the AM, so even if it was 12:01 AM, it sounds like he was operating very slowly and not really even coherently if he tried to destroy some things, but kept other things like a computer that could be easily traced to her. On one hand he tries to destroy evidence, but on the other hand he keeps some evidence and stays for days right where the police left him. Maybe she choked him or hit him over the head with a rock giving him brain damage as his actions are inconsistent.

Maybe slept then woke up panicked started burning the evidence. Kept the laptop to use or pawn?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back