GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:stop:

Let me be perfectly clear.

There will not be sleuthing of MC's family. There will not be bashing of his family members. You may discuss statements made by family members to the media about this case. The person that is accused and charged with this crime is Meechaiel Criner. If his upbringing is a topic during trial we will discuss it in the broader sense, but not before then.

The accused is alleged to suffer mental health issues. You may discuss that and how it may affect his prosecution and sentencing or how it may have affected how he behaved before,during and after the crime. We will not be solving the larger issue of the shortfalls of the mental health crisis (MOO) in this country, so we will NOT try to in this thread, which is about the crime committed against a ,seemingly lovely, vivacious, young woman.

Understand, I am not saying this young man's upbringing and mental health did not help to form who he was the day Haruka Weiser had the misfortune to cross his path. What I am saying is, tighten it up in here or we will need a longer break than the ten minutes it just took me to remove some posts that had no business here.

Please thank this post to indicate you have read it.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

There is a small bridge which crosses the creek and the area is very secluded with lots of trees and since the rains, the area is overgrown with trees and such. There is always activity on campus and 9-10 pm is not a time that campus is isolated. The alumni center looks over the creek.
People on campus always feel safe.Tomorrow I will try to get photos if the area is open which is has not been since this happened.

This article was posted two days ago. Please let me know if the link works. We are trying to find some photos which we took from the alumni center view long ago. http://patch.com/texas/downtownaust...university-texas-austin-was-killed-long-known

The article mentions different areas of the creek. The area where this happened is not a "shanty" area but a well traveled area with a bridge that is in an active area of campus.

My husband found this article about the area. If you go down to the bottom, you will see the bridge where she was crossing to get back to her dorm. It is the bridge by the San Jacinto dorm. http://www.dailytexanonline.com/natural-feature/waller-creek

Again, please let me know if this link works as I'm new to all this but would like to help all of you get a feel for our campus.

There is a small bridge which crosses the creek and the area is very secluded with lots of trees and since the rains, the area is overgrown with trees and such. There is always activity on campus and 9-10 pm is not a time that campus is isolated. The alumni center looks over the creek.
People on campus always feel safe.Tomorrow I will try to get photos if the area is open which is has not been since this happened.

Thank you. Something just occurred to me and I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, but for the description of where the suspect was seen it sounds like he must have followed her into the creek on his bike. The affidavit says that he put the kickstand down on the bike and followed her (implying that he got off the bike), but the next time he is seen on film is elsewhere on campus at almost midnight on his bike. For him to get his bike if he followed her on foot, he would have been seen returning to the same spot he left his bike or he would have had an accomplice get the bike with the accomplice seen on video. Maybe the police mean he returned to the bike at almost midnight but the only footage they showed was sometime later from a different camera, but that would tell you something if he was down in the creek in that specific area from 9:40 to 11:47.

EXCLUSIVE: Mother of 17-year-old alleged murderer of U of Texas ballerina is a convicted prostitute who makes *advertiser censored* films and took drugs throughout her pregnancy

Vivian Lafrance Criner, 43, was arrested on prostitution charges in Shreveport, La. last September

She has an active warrant out for her arrest

Her homeless youngest son Meechaiel Crinerwho was charged with the murder of Portland dance student Haruka Weiser, 18

Criner, who uses the stage name De Collecter, is currently believed to be in Nevada where she sells X-rated videos for $75 each

Meechaiel's health problems, his uncle told Daily Mail Online, can be traced back to his mother, who was 'on drugs real bad' during her pregnancy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ser censored*-films-took-drugs-pregnancy.html

Thank you for calling this "article" to my attention. Same rule applies for now. Just because they choose to crawl through the gutter and engage in this sort of salacious sensationalize does not mean it belongs in this discussion.

I will ask an admin to review to be sure.

tlcya

I believe that you are correct; he followed her. The video which was released shows him in a very well lit area on a very busy street across from the football stadium. There is a bus stop there where you see him on the bike. There is lots of traffic, both foot and vehicle and busses pass through until late into the evening. There are cameras everywhere, too. We don't know about the creek area, though, but believe there may be cameras there, as well. Yes, he seems to have left the bike there and I do believe that it is common for students to do so. I drive through this street daily as it is a through street from one end of campus to another. I say that meaning that it leads through campus from two city streets which are on the edge of the campus. Campus is open on these areas. What I mean is that the general public have access by foot, bus, or bike. Vehicles are stopped without a tag but the security check booths are only manned until 4 pm. This is a real lapse in security in my opinion.

So it seems like this was a crime of opportunity. It could have been any female when the opportunity arose to do this without witnesses. So very sad.

My husband found this article about the area. If you go down to the bottom, you will see the bridge where she was crossing to get back to her dorm. It is the bridge by the San Jacinto dorm. http://www.dailytexanonline.com/natural-feature/waller-creek

Again, please let me know if this link works as I'm new to all this but would like to help all of you get a feel for our campus.

So was she actually attacked on the bridge, is that known locally? I was wondering about the area and wondered how easy it would be to get her off the beaten path? Maybe he just tossed her over the bridge? [emoji17]

So was she actually attacked on the bridge, is that known locally? I was wondering about the area and wondered how easy it would be to get her off the beaten path? Maybe he just tossed her over the bridge? [emoji17]
No, it's assumed that she was crossing the little bridge and was hidden in the brush which is why she wasn't found until there was a smell. What I keep asking is that if the roommate was expecting her and she didn't show up within a certain amount of time, no one went looking for her?
UTPD is very, very good. My husband and I have had lots of interaction because of an issue with my husband (whole different story) and they have been super. The whole point in having campus PD is for these reasons. I believe that if she didn't return in a timely way, someone should be gone to look for her on her given path home. Whenever I am on my way, and this goes back to college years ago, I call to alert so if I'm not home, go search for me.

I would agree with you that it was a crime of opportunity though I have spoken with some people who believe that he may have been on campus, blended in well as a student, and was stalking her, possibly. I do not agree with that.
Our campus is bordered by public streets where many, many homeless people frequent. There are all types and ages who can fit into our community or not. The largest and busiest street with the most is Guadalupe and it's a huge mix of people, students, tourists, homeless, every one congregates there. Where this happened is on the opposite side of campus and the homeless who have the "look" don't congregate there. This kid, had he been around, would have fit in due to his age and "look". Since I am around all the areas on a daily basis, I don't see people in the area where this happened that I would point out, would be troublesome.

No, it's assumed that she was crossing the little bridge and was hidden in the brush which is why she wasn't found until there was a smell. What I keep asking is that if the roommate was expecting her and she didn't show up within a certain amount of time, no one went looking for her?
UTPD is very, very good. My husband and I have had lots of interaction because of an issue with my husband (whole different story) and they have been super. The whole point in having campus PD is for these reasons. I believe that if she didn't return in a timely way, someone should be gone to look for her on her given path home. Whenever I am on my way, and this goes back to college years ago, I call to alert so if I'm not home, go search for me.

This is the only bridge pic I see. Is this the little bridge? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? I know she was found in the brush, but she wouldn't have been walking down there would she? Would she be up "above" the creek on a path? Hard to get a feel for the area. If she was on the bridge, it's not like he could grab her and pull her right off to the side because it's a bridge, but assaulting her right on the bridge would be pretty risky.

11997964ecc4ed402f9943678ca0df08.jpg

Roommate isn't a parent. Like campus police said, they have a lot of missing student reports. But these students aren't actually missing, they just gone off somewhere. These are young people. They might go off to sleep in somebody else's dorm room. I think police weren't looking for her all that hard at first, because they thought she was going to turn up (like all these other students did).

The bridge would be where she was crossing to get to her dorm. If he had a weapon, which is is assumed or implied that he did, he may have forced her into the creek area where it is dark and overgrown. That is the area where she was found, in the creek area. The bridge is used to cross over to the other side of the campus where there are dorms and other buildings.

Exactly. A student may wander off to meet up with someone else. If the roommates had some procedure in place, maybe the roommate would go on her own, with another student to look for her. When she didn't show up the next day, the search started in the area. We saw lots of activity on Monday but didn't know what was happening until Tuesday evening.

With the size difference between them, he didn't even need a weapon. She was a tiny young lady.

With the size difference between them, he didn't even need a weapon. She was a tiny young lady.

I thought the same thing. My initial thought was that he threw her over but then that would have been out in the open. The darkness was to the perps advantage.

The suspect looks quite fit, wonder how he got that way? imo

There is no chance of rehabilitation with this "kid".

Foster care does more to create psychopaths in our society than people realize. Marginalized, abused, neglected, and few have transition plans from foster care. Prison is the most common "plan".

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane
EXCLUSIVE: Mother of 17-year-old alleged murderer of U of Texas ballerina is a convicted prostitute who makes *advertiser censored* films and took drugs throughout her pregnancy

Vivian Lafrance Criner, 43, was arrested on prostitution charges in Shreveport, La. last September

She has an active warrant out for her arrest

Her homeless youngest son Meechaiel Crinerwho was charged with the murder of Portland dance student Haruka Weiser, 18

Criner, who uses the stage name De Collecter, is currently believed to be in Nevada where she sells X-rated videos for $75 each

Meechaiel's health problems, his uncle told Daily Mail Online, can be traced back to his mother, who was 'on drugs real bad' during her pregnancy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...pregnancy.html

Thank you for calling this "article" to my attention. Same rule applies for now. Just because they choose to crawl through the gutter and engage in this sort of salacious sensationalize does not mean it belongs in this discussion.

I will ask an admin to review to be sure.

tlcya

As happens hundreds of times during the day we have stumbled into a Websleuths Grey Area

We always want to make sure we do our best to stay out of the gossip gutter.

In this case, the suspect's mother should be allowed to be discussed only in so far as it sheds light on the suspect's upbringing. His upbringing could really explain a lot of his behavior. . This doesn't mean everyone can trash this woman or go on and on about what awful parent she is. This information can be acknowledged and discussed as far as it is relevant and that's pretty much it.

It is always important to find out what is in a suspect's background when a horrific crime like this is committed.

Please do not take this as an OK to attack this woman.

Thank you,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale