GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
attachment.php
Photo of UTPD officer in the area where they were searching.

Attachments

• 12985486_1007588846001549_8499633403303170452_n.jpg
    12985486_1007588846001549_8499633403303170452_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 207
Well, we can't make sure it doesn't happen again. Our society can't make sure a prostitute doesn't kick out 5 babies of fathers she doesn't know, and palms them off to her mother who is no better at raising them than she would be. It will happen again, and again, and again, as long as there are people who have no morals whatsoever. I don't know why CPS is being blamed for his. His own mother created this, and his grandmother made it worse, and CPS did what they could. Thankfully, the one shining light is his sister who seems to be doing very well and will survive the terrible odds she was dealt.

I didn't see a post blaming CPS for this. It's a corrupt and broken system, but I don't see anyone saying CPS is to blame for this crime.

<modsnip> Horrible though she may be, she is not to blame for this murder any more than CPS.

I always find it interesting, how the mom is always to blame for the outcome of her offspring when something is terribly wrong, but if a child turns out well, it's "In Spite" of mom.

Mom is to blame=Grandmom is to blame=great-grandmom is to blame=great-great grandma is to blame, and all the way back to Eve. I suppose.

No one is to blame for this murder other than Meechaiel Criner.

A lot of things may have shaped who he is, but how he behaved is on him and him alone.

And they call that journalism... yikes, those pics... how shaming and humiliating for the family. I can totally see now why the sister would say she had committed suicide. Or maybe they were led to believe that by the grandparents in an attempt to protect them.
The usual high quality journalism we have all come to expect from the Daily Fail.

I agree with you. Something good must come of this in some way. Just a few months ago, this area was completely underwater so there are others ways to that part of campus. I'm hoping that more lights are installed, cameras are put into place, and the UTPD bike patrols are more visible here.

the daily mail didn't pose for those photos, have sex with random men, take drugs during pregnancy, or produce and abandon a <modsnip> child. So yes, as long as the story is accurate, i call it journalism. Just because we hate what meechaiel criner did doesn't mean we can't judge the one person who may have done more than anyone else to make him what he became. the most damning thing in the article isn't the photos but the words of the great uncle, so i think the family already knows.

rbbm,

in this case, the suspect's mother should be allowed to be discussed only in so far as it sheds light on the suspect's upbringing. His upbringing could really explain a lot of his behavior. . This doesn't mean everyone can trash this woman or go on and on about what awful parent she is. This information can be acknowledged and discussed as far as it is relevant and that's pretty much it

Speaking as a complete layperson in psychology and mental illness, if the motivation was sexual, it's hard to see how schizophrenia, depression or autism had any bearing. From everything published, what happened to Haruka was extremely predatory and not like some other morbid crimes in which schizophrenia seemed to play an obvious role.

i completely agree. Foster care so often creates isolated, disconnected kids. That's why the movement now (at least in Texas) is to reunite families rather than put them in foster care. In the recent past Foster care was considered preferable to neglectful bioparents, but now, the focus is on reunited families and training and supporting bioparents rather than focus on finding more long term foster parents.

Foster care is needed in a lot of cases, and his case may be one of those, but typically siblings bond together with the goal of avoiding CPS and thus avoiding foster care.

As far as I can tell he was placed with his relatives for at least some of the time while in foster car (first grandmother, then aunt). Did it do any good here?

As far as I can tell he was placed with his relatives for at least some of the time while in foster car (first grandmother, then aunt). Did it do any good here?

Sometimes Evil is what it is, irregardless of environmental factors.

I read somewhere he was riding the pink bike around campus 5-6 hours. He must have stood out as a 6 ft guy riding a pink ladies bike. Iam sure someone from UTPD must have ran into him during their patrols. Didn't it raise any suspicion?

Oh geez.

UT slaying suspect&#8217;s mom says son is innocent of Haruka Weiser&#8217;s murder

The mother of the 17-year-old accused of killing University of Texas student Haruka Weiser said on Wednesday that she planned to return to Texas from Las Vegas, where she works as an adult entertainer, to set the record straight on &#8220;everything.&#8221;

The lies got to stop,&#8221; Vivian Criner, who goes by the name DeCollecter to sell adult movies, told the Statesman in an email. &#8220;I&#8217;ll be the one in the family doing all interviews (from) now on. &#8230; People will stop to hear what I got to say for more reason then(sic) 1.&#8221;

She also emphasized in the email: &#8220;MY SON DIDN&#8217;T DO THIS BYE.&#8221;

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...ying-suspects-mom-says-son-is-innocent/nq5GC/

Wow. Just wow. This kid really didn't have a chance, did he? Not to excuse what he did at all but good lord!

Is there any reason to listen to what she has to say? Honestly, the public shouldn't give her one more moment of their time. I am afraid that she will somehow become a focus of public interest, the way you stare at a train wreck.

Wow. Just wow. This kid really didn't have a chance, did he? Not to excuse what he did at all but good lord!

He had just as much of a chance, as his sister had, environment wise. She made her own life better, he was unable/unwilling to do so.

True or not, I won't call it, "journalism". I'll choose to call it, "sensationalism", "trash reporting". Cruelty for the sake of profit, as it benefited no one, other than the rag that aired it.

Oh and maybe "the family already knew", as you say, but maybe some didn't,( and why would that matter anyway, exactly?!). Maybe the Daughter in her second year of law school, didn't need that all over campus with all she has to deal with right at the moment. So yeah... It's cruel and it served no purpose, other than providing very small minds, a helping of voyeurism, (and it was clearly written with a heavy slant towards appealing to that sort of Jerry Springer mentality!). JMO

Looks like Daily Mail got the scoop as US newspaper (American Statesman) is reporting the same thing now. And mom says she will be the one in the family giving interviews from now on. So if the rest of the family didn't know they are going to find out soon enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back