GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His face is now up on

www.KVUE.com

From the affidavit, which is at the link above:

After LE received the initial call on Monday about Haruta being missing, "UTPD conducted a cursory search in Waller Creek for Weiser, but did not locate her."

So, the perp probably did spend some time covering up his crime.

JMOpinion

Wow. I just can't understand what he was thinking. Not only with murdering someone but also returning to the area again the next day to burn stuff and with the bike and same clothes. Wouldn't you ditch the bike and clothes? I have so many questions. Nobody from LifeWorks recognized him from the video? And he just stayed and hung out at LifeWorks with a stolen laptop as if that wouldn't be suspicious for a homeless person to have? My only thought is that he wanted to be caught. Perhaps he figured prison life would be better than being homeless?

And hard to imagine the clothes don't have blood on them, but surely the firefighters and police who took him to life works would have noticed that?

I am sad for all involved , 17 and homeless is sad to begin with , and this beautiful young college ballerina ....the headline is enough to make your head spin as it is .:( I have nothing useful to say but I am so, so sorry for her family .

Per the affidavit:

"Austin Police Homicide Detective Ray Tynes #4415 was in charge of processing the scene where the victim's body was located. The items that were described as being in the victim's possession were not found on scene. Detective Tynes was able to seize swabs of suspected biological matter from the scene as evidence for future analysis.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/homeless-teen-in-custody-in-ut-students-death/126109134

From the affidavit, which is at the link above:

After LE received the initial call on Monday about Haruta being missing, "UTPD conducted a cursory search in Waller Creek for Weiser, but did not locate her."

So, the perp probably did spend some time covering up his crime.

JMOpinion

It sounds like it was well-hidden. There was probably countless people who walked along there from Sunday to Tuesday but who didn't notice anything.

Sure looks older than 17 to me. Reminds me of Philip Chism, who killed his teacher when he was 14 in the school bathroom. They both look stronger and older than their age.

This case has reminded me of Chism and his teacher too.

He might live in the general vicinity as the homeless are known to live along Waller Creek. It was LE/Fire who brought him to the homeless shelter after the fire where we don't know where he was living beforehand, so the creek could have been his home.

Right. But the fire was on Monday morning, so he was at LW from Mon until now.

According to an arrest affidavit, Criner was seen on surveillance camera shortly before 9:40 p.m. following Weiser across the bridge near the alumni center. Criner was not seen on camera until around 11:45 p.m., when he was walking eastbound along 23rd Street “with a slight limp” and carrying a second bag.

BBM

I hope she fought him as hard as she could and it still hurts.

So, he saw her and followed her at 9:40 and then re-appears on camera two hours later, limping. Was he with her two hours down by the creek and nobody noticed? :(

So LE already had the bike and belongings from the Monday incident but it wasn't til fire told them? Ooohhhhh it's the lead story in abcnews right now

So LE already had the bike and belongings from the Monday incident but it wasn't til fire told them? Ooohhhhh it's the lead story in abcnews right now

LE went to the burn area and to pick up the bike from the fire station on Thursday after the fire chief contacted them.

Anybody else notice that he has completely changed from the pic in the high school paper? Doesn't even look like the same person to me.

On cbs news they just said his grandmother said he ran away from home last year and that he had been under psychiatric care since he was young. Said that he was a well mannered kid but would snap if you made him angry.

If she called a friend around 930 saying she was in the way why was she not reported missing until the next morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, reminded of Jesse Matthews- raised by a loving g. mother, says all the right things, but watches, waits and strikes out at a young,lovely and talented university students
Do they ( allegedly) kill, what and who they could have, but think - they might never have for themselves?
Are they trying to get attention from authority figures, ( often men) or punish their own families by bringing negative attention to them, ie what was so special about his name, was it his father's name?
Speculation.

Speculation on my part also, but I think a lot of it has to do with power. When people are abused they feel powerless. They often actually are powerless to stop it. So eventually, their desire to be the one with the power overcomes them. Imagine what a rush it must be for one who was the victim to become the one in charge.

Obviously this doesn't apply to all cases, but in some, it's what seems to make the most sense.

He took and kept the macbook right? So it sounds as if (b/c he first tried to break into the van) he was looking to rob and noticed a tiny girl. But hopefully SHE gave him that limp. Just because she was tiny doesnt mean she wasn't strong as s**t. She may and probably put up a hell of a fight. Anyway, he (I think) was looking to rob something, got the shock of a lifetime when she fought back, and he killed her. If she was sexually assaulted, I feel like that happened after he had hurt her in some way. Just more of a control thing to show dominance. I don't think sexual assault was his first thought.

I respectfully disagree with this-I think sexual assault was first in his mind, with robbery being an afterthought, and additional crime of opportunity. He wouldn't have needed a knife or whatever the shiny weapon was, to rob this girl, but he'd need one to rape her.

I agree. Now that we know the surveillance shows him grabbing the "shiny weapon" as he followed her, it changes the motive for me too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024
Back